X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you? I thought the consitution stated that
    From the UN Constitution
    The Director of Peacekeeping Operations has the control of all military and covert ops units.
    My Bold
    Since the Shard Chopper is a military unit, I, as DPO, have control over all of them.
    Smile
    For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
    But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

• You have control over the military, but not civilian police forces and the CDF (which were rendered independant as part of the switch to FM). As the choppers are officially the property of the Centralis CDF and are being used by the civilian police force, they do not fall under your jurisdiction.

Comment

• *neglects to mention the control overrides built into all JV-built choppers, and a certain button on his Board-of-Evil-Buttons*

Comment

• GT: You count a Shard Copter as policing? What use could you have for that much weaponry? A scout chopper, with normal guns could be accepted, but as the police units show, you don't need weapons to improve policing, you need non-lethal weaponry.
          Smile

Comment

• oh my god...a serious conversation in the rec. commons

guards take them away!
            Bunnies!
            Welcome to the DBTSverse!
            God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
            'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

• The Centralian Police Force motto:

Shard Choppers, for those particularly well armed drone riots

Comment

• Precisely Hive saboteurs often bring Impact weapons with them, which make a mockery of the light crowd control weapons our standard police employ.

Comment

• Since the Shard Chopper is a military unit, I, as DPO, have control over all of them.
                  I didn't realize green-boy was DPO!

Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

• You should have been around for the election

Comment

• Damn right Pres

Although one vote wouldn't have made a difference
                      Smile

Comment

• Those crowds get rowdier all the time. Shard weapons just won't do any more. Time for the Quantum Laser.
                        Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

• Wanna have a Xenobrew, Mr. President?
                          Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                          Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

• Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
                            Those crowds get rowdier all the time. Shard weapons just won't do any more. Time for the Quantum Laser.
                            Quantum! For crowd control? I know you like to be safe, but isn't this a little far, even for you MWIA?

Quantum Lasers will not be available outside the military, for 2 reasons. The technology could be easily captured by our enemies if it is not kept under military safeguards, and to prevent unscrupulous persons possibly gaining access to it.

Originally posted by Maniac
                            Wanna have a Xenobrew, Mr. President?
                            In order to help my boycott of Xenobrew, to protest against TKG's Evil Twin Sea Swiss Cheese Terragforming policy, all non-Xenocorp. drinks are on me. Thanks to a new blackmailing target generous benefactor. We must save Planet
                            Smile

Comment

• Well, to avoid having them fall into Yang's hands I've had our R&D teams configure our new weaponry to self-destruct if in the hands of a Communist.

oops, I better let the CCCP know before that shipment shows up at their firing range!

Comment

• We've gotten 'friendly fire' like that since the '50s back on Earth.

Comment

Working...
                                X