Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, because shard is far to powerful, especially since you have already stated that you wisah to use it for unscrupulous reasons, against the SETSP and against Green supporters.
    I did? News to me.

It is military technology, and should not be in the hands of non-military personel.
    Why not? They're entirely capable of using it properly.

As you should no, it does not matter which weaponry you use to repel "probing attacks".
    Tell that to the people who actually have to do it.

I did not even know our police were allowed to use guns?
    You do now

Comment

• /me walks in the rec commons, nerve staples manaic and runs away with some loot.....AGAIN!
      Bunnies!
      Welcome to the DBTSverse!
      God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
      'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

• Originally posted by GeneralTacticus
        I did? News to me.
        Yes you did.
        As a matter of fact, perhaps it might be a good idea for them to co-operate in suppressing Green dissidents and CCCP branches
        Originally posted by GeneralTacticus
        Why not? They're entirely capable of using it properly.
        Actually, they do get quite a lot done, it's jsut that no-one is ever quite sure what it is.
        Yet since they do not known what they are doing, or have done, no-one can be held accountable. That is rife for stealing military secrets from. Something that inefficient and corruptable would be a sitting duck for anyone who wanted the equipment. And if they are trained in using military equipment, then they are military, and thus under my control, unless I decide to release them.

Tell that to the people who actually have to do it.
        I do, as DPO (and old DEI), I do this regularly. It does not matter what weapon you use, they are all equally effective against probing.

You do now
        On who's authority. Since I am in charge of all military, I have to agree to allow it to police.

The police have no need of top grade military weapons. It would be like giving cruise missiles and fighter jets to police on old earth, it just doesn't hapen, because there is no need. Besides, police security checks on top equipment is nowhere near as stringent as military ones. We wouldn't want the Hive infiltrators getting their hands on our Shard equipment would we?
        Smile
        For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
        But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

• Originally posted by DeathByTheSword
          nerve staples manaic

Where are those Shard Squads when you need them?!
          Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
          Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

• /me kidnaps DBTS to be held prisonner in the bowels of the CIAC.
            We shall not tolerate such atrocities!

Comment

• Yes you did.
              In case you didn't notice it the first time, that was struck out

Yet since they do not known what they are doing, or have done, no-one can be held accountable. That is rife for stealing military secrets from. Something that inefficient and corruptable would be a sitting duck for anyone who wanted the equipment.
              Do you want me to dig up the log of everythign they've done since their creation? It's not like it doesn't exist, it's just kept buried...

And if they are trained in using military equipment, then they are military, and thus under my control, unless I decide to release them.
              They aren't military units if they don't exist on the map, any more than our ordinary civilian police are (many of whom, btw, are trained in using light military weapons...).

I do, as DPO (and old DEI), I do this regularly. It does not matter what weapon you use, they are all equally effective against probing.
              You need to update your dictionary. I said 'probing', that is, they're sending small groups of people (armed with impact weapons, which should have been a dead giveaway...) to attack and see what happens. Not 'probe' attacks, which of course do not use weapons.

On who's authority. Since I am in charge of all military, I have to agree to allow it to police.
              On my authority. You control all military units, but not weapons.

The police have no need of top grade military weapons. It would be like giving cruise missiles and fighter jets to police on old earth, it just doesn't hapen, because there is no need.
              Actually there is; I've pointed that out before.

Besides, police security checks on top equipment is nowhere near as stringent as military ones. We wouldn't want the Hive infiltrators getting their hands on our Shard equipment would we?
              No, which is why we maintain very tight security over them. Considering you've never worked inside the organization, I don't think you have any real ability to judge how good it's security is...

Comment

• Well the police need to get up, stop talking, and do something, whatever weapons they have. Maniac has been nerve stapled in the most evil fashion - right here in the Rec Commons! What are the police doing? Nothing.

-Jam
                1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

• Is this in any way a threat to the security of New Apolyton or the UN Government in general?

Comment

• No, hence why it is police business. If it is a threat to the security of our nation that is beyond police business. If the Hive are sending lightly armoured troops to attack us, that is a military issue.

I think you've taken 'policing' to something it is not. There is not a need, if people are that well armoured, then they are military units that need to be countered with our military, not with police.

A threat to the government involves special forces, not policing.
                    Smile

Comment

• I agree with Drogue on this issue. Policing is to do with the control of our own citizens and law enforcemnt. External threats whether from other factions or worms, IODs or locusts are matters for the military and ipso facto under the authority of the DPO.
                      On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• however, policing is your job as Chief Inspector, is it not?

Comment

• Bah, don't kid yourself, the Dictator of Internal Affairs runs everything. Those lowly directors know better than to argue when offered *that* much Xenobrew and cash skimmed off our borehole and satt profits

Comment

• *nudges post count up to 1000 with this post*

Well, with all the Emperors around I'm nothing special, but I get to wear a bigger crown now

Comment

• Go Cedayon. How long did that take? Methinks I have the record for the DG so far

All Hail King Cedayon
                              Smile

Comment

• Originally posted by Cedayon
                                Bah, don't kid yourself, the Dictator of Internal Affairs runs everything.
                                indeed. i even got to arrest the commissioner

Comment

Working...
                                X