X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

frigate has a promotion that gives it bonuses to "district defenses"

what is that?

units occupying a district?

more attack power against the district? can they be destroyed?

the civilopedia has issues
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

would love it if ctrl-S was a shortcut to bring up the save menu

because why break what isn't broken?
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

musketmen need niter

field cannons do not

i'm not an expert by any means, but i think cannons use more powder than muskets
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

seems like this game was made for competitive MP without much thought to logic

it is simplified in a lot of ways... a lot of good ways

but it is also lacking in a lot of depth

almost every aspect of the game has been simplified

it plays nice... but just... doesn't feel like a deep experience
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
            balloon gets movement penalty crossing a bridge

a thing floating in the air

it gets held up by water flowing hundreds of feet under it
            Actually this makes sense:
            WW1 (and earlier) observation baloons actually weren't a lonely baloon that floats independently in the air,
            but rather it was a unit which would travel on ground to the point of their deployment and only there would start the observation balloon.
            The balloon would be fixed at this position by an anchor line and also would have a telephone line (yes, telephone, not radio ) from which the observers in the gondola would transfer their observations to the people on the ground.
            Afterwards they (i.e. the soldiers on the ground) would take care that the observations would get transferred to the artillery command (again AFAIK not by radio, but rather by messengers on motorcycles or horses)

Of course if you would want to apply this correctly in game, you would have a (graphically represented) ground unit travel on the roads and afterwards have to spend 1 MP to deploy the balloon
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

you have to reassign your spies every five? turns

so yeah, in order to defend against spying, you have to build a ton of spies

and they can't "fortify" or anything

you have to manually assign them to defend your stuff every five turns

this is horrible
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

You can turn off unit cycling in the settings ini file.

Military balloons didn't travel aloft, they moved on the ground and were put aloft on the battlefield.
                Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
                  Actually this makes sense:
                  WW1 observation baloons actually weren't a lonely baloon that floats independently in the air,
                  but rather it was a unit which would travel on ground to the point of their deployment and only there would start the observation balloon.
                  The balloon would be fixed at this position by an anchor line and also would have a telephone line (yes, telephone, not radio ) from which the observers in the gondola would transfer their observations to the people on the ground.
                  Afterwards they (i.e. the soldiers on the ground) would take care that the observations would get transferred to the artillery command (again AFAIK not by radio, but rather by messengers on motorcycles or horses)

Of course if you would want to apply this correctly in game, you would have a (graphically represented) ground unit travel on the roads and afterwards have to spend 1 MP to deploy the balloon
                  Originally posted by N35t0r
                  Military balloons didn't travel aloft, they moved on the ground and were put aloft on the battlefield.

regardless, they could see over trees

and the operating range probably wasn't reduced by rivers, trees or hills even though ground coordination was necessary

and i'm pretty sure the roads in neutral territory still worked for the ground crew
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by N35t0r View Post
                    You can turn off unit cycling in the settings ini file.
                    turning it off doesn't solve the issue with the delays

i'll try playing like that, but manually clicking all of my units to activate them seems worse

on second thought, **** that

you can't turn it off in game

i shouldn't have to **** with the INI for this

and it takes a ****ing half hour to load the game again
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                      regardless, they could see over trees
                      Of course ... realistically their sight range should be better than a scout (with the "see through woods"-promotion) standing on a hill
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

and can sean bean not read the start up story every time load a game

i'm not starting my journey, I'm trying to load it again at 300 turns

****head
                        (general insult not directed at anyone)
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
                          Of course ... realistically their sight range should be better than a scout (with the "see through woods"-promotion) standing on a hill
                          yes

also. rangers carry firearms and have 1 range

they shoot half as far as archers
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

i can't figure out what tourism actually does yet... and there's no civilopedia entry on it
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

machine gun has 1 range

sigh
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

attack range for battleship is 3 but it can't shoot where it can't see

indirect fire? sorry no
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X