No announcement yet.

F3 Strong/Average/Weak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you have a link or a complete name for it? I've tried finding it earlier without much success.

(All I've got is some perl script I wrote myself. Not exactly sophisticated stuff...)
    Don't eat the yellow snow.

Comment

Originally posted by badams52

"You're letting our crack troops go to waste, sir. Let's go bonk some heads."

"All the world marvels at our superior intellect, sire."

Can't believe I still have some of them memorized.
      I used to hear all the time "BUILD CITY WALLS!" Of course with the Civ2 AI so clueless there was rarely a need to have troops in a city let alone build city walls...

My favorite was the way that Elvis would always say "Oh yeah. Uh-huh." after the Science guy said something geeky.

Comment

It is called Direct engagement Simulator.

Comment

Threads like this are the reason Apolyton rocks.

Thanks, BFM.
          Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
          Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
          7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Originally posted by Chemical Ollie

I liked the video animated advisors of CIV 2, with Elvis and Schwartzkopf look-a-likes. They never got boring.

hahaha me too "aha uhu"

yes indeed, WHERE DID THEY GO??? i seriously recommend sid meyer to put them back in. i still play civ 2 just for the sake of hearing what the advisors would say
            I also think civ 2 advisors weremutch smarter! (both video and on map) civ 3 help SUCKS

Comment

I was looking for some info about research costs and I found a link to this thread in a thread posted by Theseus.

I just wanted to add that formula here is pretty close to what I tested for the ISDG team here at Apolyton. The only thing I would like to add is that the game looks at the relaitive defensive strengths of units on a particular turn when the computations are made. To put it simply; I found out that I can change the F3 values by simply moving a unit from a plains tile to a mountain, thereby increasing the units defensive value.

I just sort of stumbled onto it.

Comment

Actually, I was the one to first discover it, you later tested it.

Comment

That's interesting

So if you move a bunch of pikemen from plains to a fortress on a mountain you can go from weak to strong in a turn...

Comment

Originally posted by bongo
                    That's interesting

So if you move a bunch of pikemen from plains to a fortress on a mountain you can go from weak to strong in a turn...
                    Depends on how big of an army you have compared to everyone else.

Comment

Well, if your army was 100% pikemen, and you moved all to a mounaintop fort and fortified them you would get....3*(1+1+0.5+0.25)=8.25 defense...so a vet pike would go from 2.4 to 5.2 points...an increase of about 116% More than enough *if* your enemy was barely stronger than you.

Comment

Yes, that could happen.
                        Greatest moments in cat:

Comment

Working...
                        X