No announcement yet.

SCENARIO: The Napoleonic Wars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Status, when you see this again, there are some great pictures of units over at the CFC thread, on this page, about 2/3 of the way down (past my screenshots), and on the page after that near the bottom.

Comment

Great pics. The different hats on the pictures are a good thing. We could use it to distinguish early from late infantry. (Why do we always end up talking about hats BTW)

Comment

Because that's usually what distinguishes them from each other.
        Many of the uniforms look pretty similar, if you'll look at the uniforms for France and late Spain you can see the similarity.

I've also got another updated unit list, so you can check it out on the first page to see what I need (the units I list are standard for all countries) now. Nothing too different from what I had.

Comment

If unique units are made for each country should we still keep civ colored uniforms to improve playability?

Comment

Yep. I'll try to match the uniform colors as best I can with the available civ colors, but if they don't match, it's better their uniforms look correct, so when making the 'civ colors location' on the unit, just use the most noticable color of the uniform (usually on the jacket). However, try not to make it too obtrusive... I think one of the Spanish uniforms was nearly entirely dark grey, so making him look completely pink or yellow would be a bit overboard.

For example, on the Prussian grenadier caricature I post below, make the dark blue on the top uniform the civ color.

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

And in the one below (the guy in green in the picture about halfway down the page, but he's so ugly don't worry about making him ), make the stripes on the hat the civ color, and also blend it into the jacket a bit (don't make the entire thing the civ color though, like it is currently... a solid yellow/pink uniform is bad ) so you can tell what nation he's from without large splashes of bright color giving you miniature seizures.

Comment

3rd project update in the first post.

I've placed all of the nations navies on the map now. I'll give you the numbers that each has of each type of ship. If I don't name a unit, then it doesn't have any ships. The total warship count at the end doesn't include transports.

Ship list being redone.
              Last edited by Jon Shafer; October 17, 2002, 03:24.

Comment

Status, one thing you may want to work on is the shading of the units. Your current units are a bit dark compared to the original cannon unit.

Comment

4th project update now in the first post.

Comment

Ever considered making a Napoleon custom graphic? Much better to see "Old Nap" than "Pansy Joan."
                    The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
                    "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
                    "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
                    The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

There's already a Nappy leaderhead out that I can use.
                      However, there's sooo many leaders that I may not be able to find leaderheads for, I may not put in leader 'heads' at all, but maybe some representative graphic or something like that (the colors of a particular nation).

Oh, and the 1st post now has the updated and complete ship list.

Comment

i've run into problems animating the guard unit
                        I'll have to wait with that until i get a tutorial from a friend...

in the meantime i could throw you some city graphics??? or you alredy have city graphics for the scenario?

which leaders can't you find grapfich for??? i might help out

Comment

double post. sorry.

Comment

I can wait for the Guard unit, just make sure it looks good.

New city unit graphics would be a very goodo thing to have. Mainly what I need are central European cities, since they look like factory complexes (and this is the age of Napoleon). The Mediterranian and Middle Eastern cities look good, but the European ones look too modern.

As far as leaderheads... I need everything but Nappy, which is a bad thing. I'll get you a list of the guys I have (I still have 2 leaders I can't find for civs) if you want. A few guys I know off the top of my head are Emperor Francis I/II of Austria, Frederick Wilhelm III of Prussia, Alexander I of Russia, George III of Britain, Selim III of the Ottomans and Charles IV of Spain.

Comment

...hmmm.... have a look. has some minor glitches but yo wont see them ingame because the animation vill play faster there and in lower resolution. BTW... you want civilopedia pics for all units i've done for you...? which resolution for civilopedia pics?
                              Attached Files

Comment

Great work, but here's a couple of suggestions:

the chest looks kind of scrawny, you may want to beef it up just a bit. The whole unit looks kind of tall and lanky right now... he seems a bit taller and thinner than he ought to be.

It looks as though he's leaning forward a bit. Maybe it's just the way it looks now, but it looks as though he's about to fall on his face.

Like with your artillery units, you need more light on the unit. The whole thing kind of looks like it's in the shadows. You could make the musket have some metal on it that reflects a bit as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X