Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another thing I found that might be a problem depending on how you look at it, is how the Panzer unit upgrades to a regular Tank instead of Modern Armor. Was that the intent?
    and tanks upgrade to modern armor, and since the german's can't build tanks the game skips them and goes onto modern armor

shouldn't even call it a "difficulty level", more of a... "Winning an OCC is easier than the regular game on Regent" kind of thing.
    in the blitz mod chieftan is alot easier than chieftan in normal civ3 and diety in the blitz mod is more difficult than diety in normal civ3...in fact emperor is the same difficulty level as diety in normal civ3

Also, have you tested out the modern govs because it seems to me that Communism is a very powerful goverment now? While there is a tile penalty and no trade bonus, the amount of free units and free improvements you will receive seems to put this gov over the top. The key to this gov is to build a lot of well developed cities that use the max amount of free units and nothing more. If this is done correctly you will not have any expenses and have a ton of good things happening for you at the same time. I don't know if this neccasarily bad or good?
    techwins,

as long as i can get it to where all of the three modern governments are arguably the most powerful then i will be happy

Comment

• Regarding Communism, only playtesting will tell if free buildings are too unbalanced. We'll have to take a close look at the AI's government preferences.
      "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

• Originally posted by korn469
        and tanks upgrade to modern armor, and since the german's can't build tanks the game skips them and goes onto modern armor
        Well then, there you go.
        in the blitz mod chieftan is alot easier than chieftan in normal civ3 and diety in the blitz mod is more difficult than diety in normal civ3...in fact emperor is the same difficulty level as diety in normal civ3
        *Laughs* Yeah I have to admit that was pretty easy, and I didn't even try. My new game will be more fun.

Comment

• New stuff looks gr8.
          Please can some one make graphics for:
          Special Forces
          Modern Infantry
          Commerce Raider
          Colonist
          Engineer
          Jet Bomber
          War Galley
          Sloop
          Grenadier
          And any other added units becaues this would make the MOD far better to play. Some on could post a thread appealing to people to make these units.
          Don't have a cow man!

Comment

• i appologize for the huge delay, i have been out of town for the most part because of a set of strange events that ended up with 2 days in jail for one of my friend's (long long story there), i am replying from my sister's computer and i do not have access to my blitz mod files at this moment

anyways i am leaving right now and won't be back till tuesday or wednesday, so sorry for the huge delays

Comment

• I"m not sure if it is, but it seem sthe read me inclued EVERYTHING (the units mostly), even the things that were not changed...I was hoping that the read me woudl say changed from X to Y and only include the things that were changed. I think it's a little easier to find out what's been changed. Thx

On a side note, I've only recently played Civ3 (registered here pretty long time ago though, but didn't buy it until now) so I'm not sure, in civ2 the lvl at which u were equal to the AI was King. How about in Civ3?

Comment

• AzNtoccata asked:

On a side note, I've only recently played Civ3 (registered here pretty long time ago though, but didn't buy it until now) so I'm not sure, in civ2 the lvl at which u were equal to the AI was King. How about in Civ3?

answer = regent
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• It's alright, Korn, but I did get a little teary eyed quite a few times.

Actually the Civ2 dificulty level of equality was Prince, not King. Thought I would point that out.
                  However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

• Weird, that means I was always at a disatvantage when I thought we were equal..lol, what stupidity. Anyway how about listing the changes rather than the features?

Comment

• Hi everybody! I just tested this mod and found it to be one of the best I have tried. However, as with all other mods I´ve tried, I see one big problem: that it heavily favours the human player over the AI. Take for example the Great Library. Since it requires two ordinary libraries to be built (which the AI never builds during the ancient era), you can get it more than easily. Also, the higher HP:s means veterans and elites are more valuable than earlier. Since the AI mostly builds regulars, this also gives a benefit for the human player. As a third note I can mention that 3 pop points for settlers also favours the human player, since the AI will build them as fast as they can and then have a finished settler waiting to be produced for quite a number of turns before the city it is built in reaches size 4.

Call me old-fashioned, but it seems it is extremely hard to tinker with the unmodded stats without altering the play balance.

Comment

• Okay, it's been a while since someone replied . So erm...could the creator please list the CHANGES from the regular civ? it's quite disorienting with all the stats......

Also side note: how did this mod fix the low bombard ability problem with artillery and ships?

Comment

• Excellent mod. I noticed only one bug. When I move units with no attack value long distances they bump into enemy units and cause a wars. This happened with an explorer and a worker. I don't know if this is a mod bug or a game bug.

Overall this is an excellent mod. The new units and city improvemnts are a blessing. This gives me time to build things instead of wealth. And as a builder by nature I cannot complain.

Comment

• Hm..weird...I can't seem snatch the graphics files for the units off yahoo briefcase..........?

Comment

• Great mod, korn, I read through the first 20 or so posts
                              then I kinda skipped ahead a bit.

I hope the Firaxis people have been eyeballing this thread, most of the changes in it are pretty good.

The Wheeled Settler took some getting used to, as did the 3 pop cost, but you know that.

Expansion IS even more important, as a slow start has basically left me little more than a vassal state, England hasn't attacked me once yet, but if they did..

So, my Strategy is to stay on their good side, as our tech-trading runs rather smoothly, and whittle them away overseas, Cold War style.

IMO Longbowman should be 40 shields, no iron, and should upgrade to Grenadier, instead of Swordsman, but Swordsman upgrading works really well, so I'll set preference aside.

Also, I dunno if it works, since I haven't gotten this far (unlike you, I'm not getting tech lightning-fast like some do) but if possible, bombers and fighters should be able to bombard (lethally) naval units.

It'd also be nice if Stealth Bombers could carry Tac Nukes.

I don't really think ZOC should be implemented across the board, I think it should be more for bombard units.

Basically, like 'air superiority' if an enemy unit came close to a city or fortress during war-time, any artillery inside could get a pot-shot.

I think Radar Artillery should also be able to shoot at air units, SAM style, though I recognise that's not possible.

Anyway, I'll post my start so everyone can do better than me and laugh at my meager skills, and I'll be back once I hit modern times.
                              Attached Files
                              'Say, what are those Russians with the funny hats doing?'

Comment

• possible bug?

I have partially finished two games with this mod and find it a significant improvement over standard civ3. Nicely done Korn469. The invisible partisans is a nice touch. One thing I noticed when opening some embassies late in the game. Two capitals which were fully developed did not have either mill (there were rivers) or public school. This suggests to me that something is not working as it should. Anyone else notice this? It was a pretty small sample so I could be wrong.
                                One thought: expansionist civs could be made more attractive if their settlers were not wheeled or had two moves and/or their outriggers had extra moves.

Comment

Working...
                                X