Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool - A thread for the Program ;)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• v0.82.2001

Fixed

67 downloads
    Last edited by Gramphos; January 21, 2002, 14:02.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• Used it and it seems to work just fine.

And let me say, I LOVE it, even just this simple version

With 27 new units it really was a pain, but now I can arrange them in any manner I'd like. Aahhh...so nice to finally have the units in proper order (like not having Paratrooper and Marine so early in the list, or my new units at the very bottom and out of any sensible order).

Will take a bit to get used to having things organized, but I'll deal

Many, many, many thanks
      Better to be wise for a second than stupid for an entire lifetime.

Creator of the LWC Mod for Civ3.

Comment

• Good to here. I no bugs pop up before Monday I'll make this version tested.

Comment

• I just read up on this, been skimming through a few pages, your editor sounds great Gramphos. Good work! Only problem is that the d/l doesn't work (at least the one you just posted). I get an unopenable doc file called "attachment". Can you repost it?
          -Variety is the spice of life, but it gives me indegestion-
          "If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure." -- Dan Quayle

Comment

• Originally posted by MGamer07
            I just read up on this, been skimming through a few pages, your editor sounds great Gramphos. Good work! Only problem is that the d/l doesn't work (at least the one you just posted). I get an unopenable doc file called "attachment". Can you repost it?
            It has nothing to do with the uploaded file, but with the download script since the Server Move. Try to rename the file to something.zip and see if it opens. Otherwise you can find the same verion at Civfanatics.

Comment

• Thanks for the help, i just had to rename it. Haven't d/led anything off Apolyton since Civ2.
              -Variety is the spice of life, but it gives me indegestion-
              "If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure." -- Dan Quayle

Comment

• Originally posted by MGamer07
                Thanks for the help, i just had to rename it. Haven't d/led anything off Apolyton since Civ2.
                In most cases that solves the problem, but some specific browser doesn't get the full file, or gets the real filename info together with the file, which would corrupt it.

Comment

• v0.82.2001 goes tested.

I've flagged it as tested. There is no difference from the untested version, other then then message that it hasn't been tested is gone, so you don't have to download this if you already have the untested version.

I've also sent a full install to Markos.
                  299 downloads
                  Last edited by Gramphos; February 4, 2002, 09:11.

Comment

• Beta version showing the feature I'm working on right now

I've been working on a BIC compare function today, but am far from finished. Right now it can compare units at the same position. I'm working on extending that to invlude moved around units as well, but that will be done later.

If you want to test it out I attach it. (note this is EXE only)

4 downloads
                    Last edited by Gramphos; February 4, 2002, 09:11.

Comment

• Gramphos

I just noticed that the Wonder splash entries aren't being sorted properly. I'm getting the right numbers, but they don't always end up at the bottom of the list as they should. Sometimes they get mixed in with previous entries. Which is probably why the game was still crashing after I used CopyTool. It's not a problem to arrange it manually, but I thought you might like to know.

Comment

• Another Thing:

I just finished copying a Small Wonder and discovered that the very bottom of the PediaIcons list was cut off. The era splash entries were gone, the wonder I had just copied wasn't there, nor was the path of the one previous to that.

Comment

• Here's the file:
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Re: Another Thing:

Originally posted by Willem
                            I just finished copying a Small Wonder and discovered that the very bottom of the PediaIcons list was cut off. The era splash entries were gone, the wonder I had just copied wasn't there, nor was the path of the one previous to that.
                            That should have been fixed a while ago. Did it happen with the new version, or was the error there already?

Comment

• Originally posted by Willem
                              Gramphos

I just noticed that the Wonder splash entries aren't being sorted properly. I'm getting the right numbers, but they don't always end up at the bottom of the list as they should. Sometimes they get mixed in with previous entries. Which is probably why the game was still crashing after I used CopyTool. It's not a problem to arrange it manually, but I thought you might like to know.
                              I remember that I tested if it needed to be ordered, and figured out that it hadn't to be in the right order. I might be wrong, but I can't change that right now. It will take a while before a new tested version can get out. I'm building on the new feature, and have some other planned changes, which I'm not yet ready to speak of. However it will be changes to the SaveGame editor as well again for the next update.

If you have any more info on this issue, and can test if it only has to do with the order I'd appreciate not need to do all the testing myself. I'll change it when I figure out a good way to do it, but It would mean that I have to modify the copy routine again, and every time I do that there show up new bugs for about 5 versions.

Comment

• Re: Re: Another Thing:

Originally posted by Gramphos

That should have been fixed a while ago. Did it happen with the new version, or was the error there already?
                                No, it just happened with the new version using a newly installed PediaIcon file. The first time I used CopyTool, the entries came out mixed up as I mentioned, the second time it cut off the bottom.

Comment

Working...
                                X