Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool - A thread for the Program ;)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• error playing with korn's blitz mod

I started a game with korn's blitz mod, after playing a few turns, I decided to edit some cities of mine and from the AI, but for my surprise when I tried to open the savegame the savegame editor crashes with the following message:

Run Time Error '9':
    Subscript out of Range

Then it closes SGE.

Any help with that?

Comment

• Re: error playing with korn's blitz mod

Originally posted by Kaneda
      I started a game with korn's blitz mod, after playing a few turns, I decided to edit some cities of mine and from the AI, but for my surprise when I tried to open the savegame the savegame editor crashes with the following message:

Run Time Error '9':
      Subscript out of Range

Then it closes SGE.

Any help with that?
      Can you post the savegame you try to load?

The problem is that I've missed some errorhandling in the city section. Right now I haven't been able to develop mush for some days, but to fix reported bugs can be done quick if I have the game that generates the error.
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• I'm sure you've already thought of this, Gramphos, but isn't your SGE the ScenEditor we all wish for, (that is, it is heading in that direction). It looks great!

I wish we could have events...

Nem

Comment

• v0.81.03

Bug with Resources fixed.

3 downloads
          Last edited by Gramphos; December 26, 2001, 13:10.

Comment

• v0.81.1

v0.81.04 (never posted)
            - 'Loaded on'-field added to the units.
            v0.81.1 (first time I can remember the EXE got smaller)
            - The new BICOutput is now used by all functions.
            - Common Dialog Boxes are now called from DLLs, which hopefully will take out the biggest problem with the runtimes.

34 downloads.
            Last edited by Gramphos; January 6, 2002, 04:14.

Comment

• Re: v0.81.1

Originally posted by Gramphos
              v0.81.04 (never posted)
              - 'Loaded on'-field added to the units.
              v0.81.1 (first time I can remember the EXE got smaller)
              - The new BICOutput is now used by all functions.
              - Common Dialog Boxes are now called from DLLs, which hopefully will take out the biggest problem with the runtimes.
              Is there something wrong here? The file is coming through as a document called "attachment".

While I'm here, I've had a problem with your program on my system. Copying anything screws up the Civ3mod.bic file. If I open it directly, the CivEdit graphics are scrambled, and the program crashes shortly after. If I load it through CivEdit, there's nothing listed in any of the fields, except for Improvements/Wonders, and all those say is "New Building"

Comment

• v0.82.01

Here as well, after the slowdown, I'm able to post it.
                Maps can be imported.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Re: Re: v0.81.1

Originally posted by Willem
                  Is there something wrong here? The file is coming through as a document called "attachment".
                  Your webbrowser doesn't support downloading files from an URL of one name, and get the name from that page. You have to rename the file to .zip (not hiding extensions)

While I'm here, I've had a problem with your program on my system. Copying anything screws up the Civ3mod.bic file. If I open it directly, the CivEdit graphics are scrambled, and the program crashes shortly after. If I load it through CivEdit, there's nothing listed in any of the fields, except for Improvements/Wonders, and all those say is "New Building"
                  What version did you use? (both game and copytool)

Comment

• Re: Re: Re: v0.81.1

Your webbrowser doesn't support downloading files from an URL of one name, and get the name from that page. You have to rename the file to .zip (not hiding extensions)
                    I same problem have after reopening of apolyton. IE 6.0 They should correct it. It's not a browser failure but a failure of this site here.
                    http://AlphaCentauri.US/ in English and German
                    http://civ3.2be.cc/
                    http://1steuro.net/

Comment

• Re: Re: Re: v0.81.1

What version did you use? (both game and copytool)
                      Well I don't see the browser being at fault, after all the name 's not even right. Or did you label it "attachment"? And I have DL'd files from here before without that problem. This is the first time it's happened in fact.

Anyway, I presume I'm using version .80 since the readme file only goes that far. And I'm using 1.16f for the game.

Comment

• Re: Re: Re: Re: v0.81.1

Originally posted by Dreifels
                        I same problem have after reopening of apolyton. IE 6.0 They should correct it. It's not a browser failure but a failure of this site here.
                        It is the browser that doesn't read the header of the file to get the name, but checks the URL until the '?'.

Comment

• Re: Re: Re: Re: v0.81.1

Originally posted by Willem
                          Well I don't see the browser being at fault, after all the name 's not even right. Or did you label it "attachment"? And I have DL'd files from here before without that problem. This is the first time it's happened in fact.

Anyway, I presume I'm using version .80 since the readme file only goes that far. And I'm using 1.16f for the game.
                          The name you get is attachment.php. that is how the file that reads the Database is named. It sends the "real" filename in the header of the file before the actual file, but some browsers just ignores this header.

Comment

• Sorry, I see the problem now. It seems as if there was something wrong with the site move. I hadn't downloaded anything since then. Until this site works in the right way I'll ask you to download from the other (Civfanatics) site (but I don't think the admins like that).

Comment

• Now after a second try, and after reading marks post in the thread about this problem I advice you to just rename the file to .zip. (sorry for not testing everything in the right way)

Comment

• Currently known bugs:
                                I have found a bug where the first unit was changed to the unit being built in the first city if any at load, or the selected unit changed to the unit being built in the city, last selected, building a unit. It will be corrected to the next version.

Also if you are tired of the has been upgraded popup it will be fixed to only show the first time in the next version.

If you have big problems with this: Post, and I'll make the version faster.

Comment

Working...
                                X