Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool - A thread for the Program ;)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've made two other almost empty apps. One for each used OCX control. Can you check if any of them work. (or even worse if both work)
    Attached Files
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• COMDLG32.EXE causes the same error, so that tracks down which file is at fault. Humm tried re-installing the OCX still didn't work....

BUT WAIT!

In a separate flash of inspiration I downloaded the full FLICSter beta which comes with an install program which they claim idiot proof (they must have heard about me!). After installing that C3CT works! So either the OCX I downloaded is not XP compatible or the FLICSter install registers the OCX in a different/better way...

Who cares! It's now working and you can look forward to my comments and ideas now

Thanxs for putting up with me!
      "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989
      AIM/YAHOO: Vonotar1975 MSN/EMAIL: vonotar@lastlands.org ICQ: 123236923

Comment

• Glad to here you made it.
        Can you check the fileversion of that control?
        I want to know if it is a later control then the one i had.

To avoid this problem again I made should call the DLLs for the common dialogs (I do so in CPT, and I know how to call DLLs in VB, it is just some more lines to write.)
        And I always tries to make the easiest solution (for me)

Comment

• Now this is strange

It would appear that I now have two COMDLG32.OCX's

C:\Windows\System\COMDLG32.OCX (140,288 bytes, Timestamp 07 May 1999 19:24:32)

C:\Windows\System32\COMDLG32.OCX (140,488 bytes, Timestamp 23 May 2000 00:02:06)

Both have the same Version Number, Comments, Digital Signature etc

Having experimented with removing one, then the other the second file seems to be the correct one, where the first came from I don't know!
          "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989
          AIM/YAHOO: Vonotar1975 MSN/EMAIL: vonotar@lastlands.org ICQ: 123236923

Comment

• I have the first one. The second one must be the one that supports XP.
            The second one is in the file at Microsoft.com, but I guess that it doesn't overwrite the first one, as they are the same version, and therefor your problem weren't fixed by it.

Comment

• I've just rushed version 0.80. (I want to get it out before the end of this weekend to be able to track down any bugs)

This allows you to edit the production of cities.

(I've not added any filter function for cities yet, but as soon as I have found a good way of doing it (if I do) I will.

87 downloads
              Last edited by Gramphos; December 18, 2001, 13:56.

Comment

• If you still have problems with seek errors (I hope I've taken all of them out, but one can never be sure), you should wait for the next version. It will have a totally rewritten BIC-output routine that will write the full BICs without reading the original bics at the same time. I should also be able to keep more then one BIC in memory at the same time. (But I don't know if I can find it any useful)

Comment

• hmm... no one else replied yet?

version 0.80 looks okay to me. Now there is a new cities tab which shows the entire city building queue! It does not yet show the owner of the city, but it shows the number of shields already put into production so far.

Everything there works! So even if you rushed, it seems there are no bugs

Comment

• Originally posted by yinyan8
                    Everything there works! So even if you rushed, it seems there are no bugs
                    I did only test very few things to see that the city write code worked. And I don't know if there is a risk of updating the citydata of the first city in the wrong way when somethings are done with units I have fixed one such thing before that version, but I don't know if there are any other.

Also there are some things I didn't get ready. For example I couldn't find a good way to allow the user to change how many items that are in the queue.

Comment

• Actually - the newest version does not work on my XP system.

The editor runs rightly enough and alters the civ3mod.bic file. Unfortunately - the .bic file is not editable afterwards there being no listing for the Units (the part I tried adding to).

Could this be because I have not patched the game? I wonder because version .78 did the same thing.

'Meddle not in the affairs of dragons
                      For thou art crunchy
                      And go well with ketchup.'

Comment

• Originally posted by Elowan
                        Actually - the newest version does not work on my XP system.

The editor runs rightly enough and alters the civ3mod.bic file. Unfortunately - the .bic file is not editable afterwards there being no listing for the Units (the part I tried adding to).

Could this be because I have not patched the game? I wonder because version .78 did the same thing.

You are right. The current version does only write post patch bics. That will be fixed with the new and improved BIC output system, that I'm almost done with.

Comment

• v0.80.1

New BIC output in use!

I've rewritten the copy function to use the new BIC output system.

The Import and Export function still uses the old system, wherefore they will only work with Civilization III v1.16f.

Also, the full unit directory will no longer be copied, only the ini, which will be edited.

These new things might cause bugs, so please report them, and keep backups.

468 downloads
                          Last edited by Gramphos; January 21, 2002, 14:08.

Comment

• v0.81

Okay, I decided to give this version out now, even thou it isn't perfect, but I need help with testing to see what doesn't work.

It has more function for the cities, and some bugs with the earlier version has been taken out. Still no filter for Cities, but if I can figure out "the best" way to have it interact with the Unit filter, I will be able to add it soon. Also how some fields should be compared, could be a problem. I'm open for suggestions.

Also if anyone could tell me how the best way of allow editing of the full queue list, when it isn't set...

Now to the known not yet in features:
                            - When adding a wonder to a city the city will get the benefits of the wonder, as if it was i city improvement, and the wonder can still be constructed in other cities to gain the full bonus, and lock it.

- You can select really ridiculous stuff to be constructed, with the only result that you can't build it any more. (I think I'll leave it as is)

- Borders aren't edited when culture and/or owner civ changes. However this is updated the next turn.

- Pollution isn't summed (I just realized that I had a field for it, and forgot to sum it)

- No modifications in maintenance are made. (It is calculated the right way when you save the file)

And to the good at last:
                            - The total city-culture is summed from the culture of each improvement.
                            - The maintenance is calculated from the improvements. (So that you won't have no maintenance in a city with all buildings )

Almost there (the file), but first some more words: I want to know everything that isn't summed correctly, and other stuff from improvements that doesn't work. What do you think about an override box for the pollution, and maybe also maintenance? I see no need for a such thing for the culture.

Finally:

14 downloads
                            Last edited by Gramphos; December 21, 2001, 18:53.

Comment

• Small anoying bug...

Might I start off by thanking you for all your efforts in the civ3copyt tool. Without it we would all be SOL! I've use it for all sorts of application. Works like a charm. One thing, whenever I copy a resource, all the terrain association with all resources disapear! I then have to manualy imput all the associations manualy? Just thought you might want to know.
                              Go BIG or go home.

Comment

• One more thing

I noticed that when copying a civ, I have to go down the unit list and highlight each unit Otherwise the new civ can't build anythig

Thank's again.

Happy holidays!
                                Go BIG or go home.

Comment

Working...
                                X