Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool - A thread for the Program ;)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Small anoying bug...

Originally posted by wunder
    Might I start off by thanking you for all your efforts in the civ3copyt tool. Without it we would all be SOL! I've use it for all sorts of application. Works like a charm. One thing, whenever I copy a resource, all the terrain association with all resources disapear! I then have to manualy imput all the associations manualy? Just thought you might want to know.
    I had no Idea, I'll check on it. Might be that the format changes when more resources are added.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• Re: One more thing

I noticed that when copying a civ, I have to go down the unit list and highlight each unit Otherwise the new civ can't build anythig

Thank's again.

Happy holidays!
      This should have been fixed with the later versions. Might be a new bug with the new Output system...

Comment

• More bugs in v0.81:

Until I fix them, use v0.80.1

This is it:
        If a city without any improvements is selected the tool will crash
        The culture for all cities are reset to 0 in some cases.

(More things about wonders, but they have to wait.)

Comment

• Thank's for taking care of these small bugs.

Just so you know, I noticed anoher one.

If you copy a building improvement and change the civelopedia entry to the new one, the new civelopedia entry is "new building" instead of "BLDG_new_building". I also noticed, for new copied units, the civelopedia entry doesn't change from the original copied unit. I kind of like that in a way but kind of wished it was the new entry.

This might have to do with the new output system. It seems that not to long ago, I was using an older version of the tool and didn't have to check these things.

Hope I'm not bothering you to much...Thank's again!
          Go BIG or go home.

Comment

• BTW: I'm using version 0.80.1 of the copy tool. I realy like the ini file change instead of copying all the flics/sound. Great work!
            Go BIG or go home.

Comment

• Originally posted by wunder
              Thank's for taking care of these small bugs.

Just so you know, I noticed anoher one.

If you copy a building improvement and change the civilopedia entry to the new one, the new civilopedia entry is "new building" instead of "BLDG_new_building". I also noticed, for new copied units, the civilopedia entry doesn't change from the original copied unit. I kind of like that in a way but kind of wished it was the new entry.

This might have to do with the new output system. It seems that not to long ago, I was using an older version of the tool and didn't have to check these things.

Hope I'm not bothering you to much...Thank's again!
              Exactly what do you mean?

For the buildings you can chose to change the Civilopedia entry, as doing so will copy modify the pediaicons.txt and civilopedia.txt. However it will not affect the name of the copied building. If you set the new entry to BLDG_something the BLDG-part should be there. Maybe should force it.

About units you are right that I doesn't modify the Civilopedia Entry for them. Somehow that wasn't as important as the buildings.

Comment

• That's the problem... the "BLDG" part isn't there. Plus the copy tool doesn't underline between spaces in the new name of the copied building.
                Go BIG or go home.

Comment

• v0.81.01

Fixes the Culture, and Empty city bugs.

I keep v0.80.1 in the first post until I know that this work.

This is how it is:
                  v0.81+ should work with the CopyFunctions
                  v0.80.1 should work with the SaveGameEditor for units
                  v0.81.01 (this) hopefully works with the cities better then the last version, but If you only are about to edit units I recommend the earlier version.

Edit: *note that the bugs that wunder reported haven't been looked into yet*

6 downloads
                  Last edited by Gramphos; December 22, 2001, 19:17.

Comment

• Example...

I copied the factory to a saw mill:
                    Changed the civelopedia entry to saw mill.
                    All I got when reviewing the civelopedia entry
                    in the editor was: saw mill
                    instead of: BLDG_saw_mill

Hope this helps.
                    Go BIG or go home.

Comment

• Re: Example...

I copied the factory to a saw mill:
                      Changed the civelopedia entry to saw mill.
                      All I got when reviewing the civelopedia entry
                      in the editor was: saw mill
                      instead of: BLDG_saw_mill

Hope this helps.
                      It actually asks for the Civilopedia evtry, and not the name. I might change that later, but renaming a building isn't as hard as renaming a unit.

Comment

• Re: Re: Example...

Originally posted by Gramphos

It actually asks for the Civilopedia evtry, and not the name. I might change that later, but renaming a building isn't as hard as renaming a unit.
                        Agreed it's not that hard to rename a building. Maybe just changing the "Improvements/Wonders" part of your copytool to only change the name as in the "Units" part. This would solve it as long as the copy tool doesn't rename the entry as the name of the new building without adding the civelopedia fields.
                        Go BIG or go home.

Comment

• Re: Re: Re: Example...

This would solve it as long as the copy tool doesn't rename the entry as the name of the new building without adding the civelopedia fields.
                          I don't really get it. Should the tool generate an entry from the Fields, or should it leave it as is? (I don't remember why I added that anyway. (Wonder splashes will be copied anyway))

Comment

• I've spotted a possible bug while playing. There seems as if the last line of pediaicons.txt is lost when the copy I run. I'll try to fix this (if it exists) to the next update. (Until then always check your file after copy.)

Comment

• Re: Re: Re: Re: Example...

Originally posted by Gramphos

I don't really get it. Should the tool generate an entry from the Fields, or should it leave it as is? (I don't remember why I added that anyway. (Wonder splashes will be copied anyway))
                              I think the best way is not to change the civelopedia entry. Leave it as is. Just like when you copy units. This way, is you wanted to create an entry in the civelopedia.txt you could by just changing it into the editor. If you didn't, it would just give you the civelopedia text of the building/wonder you just copied. If this is done, you should change your copy tool. Instead of having an entry to "change the civelopedia entry to" it should be "change building/wonder name to" This way no one will be confused. It will only change the name of the newly copied building but not change the civelopedia entry. Just like the units part of your copy tool. I don't know what you need to do about the pediaicon.txt file though. I have always been imputing the fields into the file itself.

Cheers!

happy programing!
                              Go BIG or go home.

Comment

• v0.81.02

Bug with saves without Cities fixed.

31 downloads
                                Last edited by Gramphos; December 26, 2001, 13:07.

Comment

Working...
                                X