Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool - A thread for the Program ;)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gramphos

I remember that I tested if it needed to be ordered, and figured out that it hadn't to be in the right order. I might be wrong, but I can't change that right now. It will take a while before a new tested version can get out. I'm building on the new feature, and have some other planned changes, which I'm not yet ready to speak of. However it will be changes to the SaveGame editor as well again for the next update.

If you have any more info on this issue, and can test if it only has to do with the order I'd appreciate not need to do all the testing myself. I'll change it when I figure out a good way to do it, but It would mean that I have to modify the copy routine again, and every time I do that there show up new bugs for about 5 versions.
    I suspect that the order is important, since I was still having that splash screen problem after I first used the tool. I wasn't able to fix it until I read Plutarch's tutorial and realized what was causing it. I've noticed that your numbers are correct, so the only alternative is that the entries have to be in proper sequence as well.

Comment

• Re: Re: Re: Another Thing:

Originally posted by Willem
      No, it just happened with the new version using a newly installed PediaIcon file. The first time I used CopyTool, the entries came out mixed up as I mentioned, the second time it cut off the bottom.
      I guess I'll have to comment all new stuff and fix this.

It was a problem that it cut one line each time you used it, but I thought I fixed it. However it might have been one time when it crashed (computer) before I saved what I'd done.
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• Re: Re: Re: Re: Another Thing:

Originally posted by Gramphos

I guess I'll have to comment all new stuff and fix this.

It was a problem that it cut one line each time you used it, but I thought I fixed it. However it might have been one time when it crashed (computer) before I saved what I'd done.
        Well it's cutting much more than one line this time as you can see from the file I sent. The entire era splash section is missing. Now that I know what to expect though, it's nothing more than a nuisance. Sorry if I've ruined your day.

Frankly I'm just really, really pleased that I can build a wonder without the game trying to crash.

Comment

• I think it works now. Now I just need to find a way to deactivate all the non working stuff.

Comment

• v0.82.2002 (untested)

As there has been some errors in the tested version I advice all people working with BICs to upgrade to this. However there is a non finished feature (comparing) that is totally untested.

The fixes:
            - The wondersplashes are now adde at the end of the list
            - The log file no longer logs normal startups
            - The pediaicons.txt should (I hope I got it right this time) not lose the last line every time a bulding is copied.

43 downloads
            Last edited by Gramphos; February 4, 2002, 09:12.

Comment

• Re: v0.82.2002 (untested)

As there has been some errors in the tested version I advice all people working with BICs to upgrade to this. However there is a non finished feature (comparing) that is totally untested.

The fixes:
              - The wondersplashes are now adde at the end of the list
              - The log file no longer logs normal startups
              - The pediaicons.txt should (I hope I got it right this time) not lose the last line every time a bulding is copied.
              Thanks, I'll let you know how it works out once I get a chance.

Comment

• Re: v0.82.2001 goes tested.

I've flagged it as tested. There is no difference from the untested version, other then then message that it hasn't been tested is gone, so you don't have to download this if you already have the untested version.

I've also sent a full install to Markos.
                I still got the message that it wasn't tested fully. Don't matter now I guess with all of new updates.

One question; I rearranged all my units in the correct order I thought them to be. I opened up my saved game to continue with my current game. All my Musketmans where now Destroyers unable to move on land, my army was a combiation of a Aircraftcarrier with 3 transport helicopters! Just a few of the changes that occured in the saved game. I haven't tried it with a new game yet so I can't tell you what happen's with those. All I can say was "thank god for the back-up!!!!" I reinstalled the BAK bic and everything was back to normal.

This problem might have been corrected in your new versions, sorry if I'm late.

I must thank you for all of your hard work. Without the copy tool, adding units, buildings, resources... would be impossible.
                Go BIG or go home.

Comment

• Re: Re: v0.82.2001 goes tested.

Originally posted by wunder
                  I still got the message that it wasn't tested fully. Don't matter now I guess with all of new updates.

Strange. That should have been gone.

One question; I rearranged all my units in the correct order I thought them to be. I opened up my saved game to continue with my current game. All my Musketmans where now Destroyers unable to move on land, my army was a combiation of a Aircraftcarrier with 3 transport helicopters! Just a few of the changes that occured in the saved game. I haven't tried it with a new game yet so I can't tell you what happen's with those. All I can say was "thank god for the back-up!!!!" I reinstalled the BAK bic and everything was back to normal.

The problem is that the saves use indexes, and they aren't edited. It is in the same way as if you change anything. It will affect the saves.

This problem might have been corrected in your new versions, sorry if I'm late.

No, and I don't plan on changing it.

I must thank you for all of your hard work. Without the copy tool, adding units, buildings, resources... would be impossible.

Thanks. I like programming.

Comment

• Lately my game seems to always crash during the mid game. I suspect it could be due to something I accidentally done to my bic file such as adding a square of map in it (I can't find any land, but I could have accidentally added an ocean square ).

Is there a way for me to find out or correct this problem? It seems that the game only crash if I use the bic file as Civ3mod.bic. All those game I started as scenario seems to be fine

I am attaching a copy of the bic file here. See if you can tell whats wrong with it? It always crash when I click on a certain area of the map (Civ3 cannot jump to that spot and it crashes ).
                    Attached Files
                    If the animation is not there, lets create it!! :D

Comment

• So I just copied 4 wonders and I've had no problems so far, everything seems to be working fine. One suggestion if I may, think you could have a pop up saying "Done", or some such thing, when the program has finished copying, just so we don't have to stare at the screen all the time? Or maybe a bell or a beep. Just something to let us know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Willem
                        So I just copied 4 wonders and I've had no problems so far, everything seems to be working fine. One suggestion if I may, think you could have a pop up saying "Done", or some such thing, when the program has finished copying, just so we don't have to stare at the screen all the time? Or maybe a bell or a beep. Just something to let us know.
                        I'm looking into ways to speed up the PCX editing (as it is what takes most time) I've got some code from Moeniir (the creator of FLICster) that I maybe ca use. But it needs to be partly rewritten to work with VB5, an partly to work with C3CT. Adding done popup to the copy could be done

Comment

• v0.82.21

v0.82.21
                          - Start year and End year of a SAVE can be edited
                          - Popup added when copy is done.

23 downloads
                          Last edited by Gramphos; February 4, 2002, 09:12.

Comment

• Re: v0.82.21

v0.82.21
                            - Start year and End year of a SAVE can be edited
                            - Popup added when copy is done.
                            Wow, that was quick! "Ask and ye shall recieve" eh? Thanks. Being able to edit the years is definitely a bonus. Any possibility of editing the years per turn?

Comment

• Re: Re: v0.82.21

Originally posted by Willem
                              Any possibility of editing the years per turn?
                              Not as I have found yet. It seem fixed to 25 turns 50 yers/turn - 25 turns 40 turns/year, 40 turns with 25 years/turn, 50 turns with 20 years/turn, 100 turns with 10 years/turn, 100 turns - 5 years/turn, 100 turns 2 years/per turn and after that all turns are one year. (which gives that you can make the start earlier to manipulate the years per turn in the time when you want it, but that will make the Replay look strange (going on for tousends of years before the first city is built)).

Comment

• Re: Re: Re: v0.82.21

Replay look strange (going on for tousends of years before the first city is built)).
                                That doesn't matter to me, I never bother with the replay anyway. At any rate, I'd rather end it later, instead of starting it earlier. So keep up the good work, I really appreciate your efforts.

Comment

Working...
                                X