Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool - A thread for the Program ;)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gramphos

Your wonder splash numbers are wrong, the first slot after the spaceship parts is 74, not 75. A couple of my Small Wonders crashed, and one had the wrong graphic, and when I checked I discovered that the numbers were off. I've corrected them all and everything seems to be alright now.

BTW, please ignore the stupid question from the previous post. I finally noticed the Citizens.

Comment

• Dangs head in desk.

Why couldn't ypu said that before all the efforts I made onfixing the order. It was the numbers all the toime. Will be fixed in the next version. (Also one bad thing using VB (it befinns at 1, and not at 0 in most cases)) I think about changeing that in the code, to make less -1 or +1 after variables. But hasent ot around to do it.
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• Originally posted by Gramphos
        Dangs head in desk.

Why couldn't ypu said that before all the efforts I made onfixing the order. It was the numbers all the toime. Will be fixed in the next version. (Also one bad thing using VB (it befinns at 1, and not at 0 in most cases)) I think about changeing that in the code, to make less -1 or +1 after variables. But hasent ot around to do it.
        Well sorry, if I would have know I would have told you. At any rate it doesn't hurt to have the ordering in there, it makes it much easier to see what's going on, and it will be a breeze if I ever decide to change anything. Otherwise I'd have to dig around a big jumble of numbers. Now everything is nicely laid out. It would have been a real hassle changing the numbers if they weren't ordered. So it's not time wasted as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

• Are the loss of the last lines bug fixed (working for 100%)

The biggest problem I have now is what version number to give next version.

Comment

Are the loss of the last lines bug fixed (working for 100%)

The biggest problem I have now is what version number to give next version.
            I'm not sure if you're asking a question here, but yes the last line problem has been fixed, as of a couple of versions ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by Willem
              I'm not sure if you're asking a question here, but yes the last line problem has been fixed, as of a couple of versions ago.
              Yes it was a question. I didn't test it very well when I fixed it, so I didn't know if it worked as supposed.

I don't know if I should post a version now, or wait until I've finished som stuff I'm working on.

Dou you think I need to go to .83 for the name change? or would it be enough with 82.3?

Comment

• How to create a lot of civs ?

I heard it's possible to add a lot of civs. But when I did it, my game crashes.

Anyone knows how can I do that ?

Excuse-me for my bad english...

Comment

• Re: How to create a lot of civs ?

Originally posted by Trigo
                  I heard it's possible to add a lot of civs. But when I did it, my game crashes.

Anyone knows how can I do that ?

Excuse-me for my bad english...
                  Sorry to dissapoint you, but that was stated a long time ago, befre I even got the game. All I had were some BIC-files and screeenshots of the editor pages.

I then estimated the maximum nuber of civs to 31 due to the way the Units are saved. However after I got the game I figured out that the graphics used by the foreign advisor is hard coded into the EXE.

We don't know wether or not Firaxis ha any plans to change on that, but we are awaiting the next patch, as they have commented on the issue, and it might be fixed. (As it can be concidered as a bug when the files used also are listed in the textfiles among with all othe files used.)

Comment

Yes it was a question. I didn't test it very well when I fixed it, so I didn't know if it worked as supposed.

I don't know if I should post a version now, or wait until I've finished som stuff I'm working on.

Dou you think I need to go to .83 for the name change? or would it be enough with 82.3?
                    Yeah, I think .83 would be better. You have a number of .82's out there now, it would probably save some confusion going with .83.

As for posting, you may as well wait until you have the other things done as well. Maybe leave a notice on the last one you put up about the numbering problem.

Comment

• Then I'll do as foolows:

If get ready with what I'm working on to the end of this week (I'll be away Fryday-Saturday) I'll post version 0.83 otherwise I'll post another beta version on Sunday with as mush of it as possible. But I want the Namechange be connectable with some other changes of the tool.

If you have any suggestions for more settings I gladly take them now. I've added a save as feature to the copy tool (for when not saving at copy).

Comment

• I can't run civcopytool probably because I don't have Msvb50. I tried downloading this application, but I don't know how to install it. I tried clicking on Comctl.inf as suggested on the first page of this thread, but that just opened a notepad. Can anyone tell me how to install the Msvb50? I have Windows XP. All the download files on the Microsoft site list the Msvb files as usable for all the Windows versions except XP. Does Msvb50 work with Win XP, and if not, can Civcopytool be made to work with XP?
                        "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
                          I can't run civcopytool probably because I don't have Msvb50. I tried downloading this application, but I don't know how to install it. I tried clicking on Comctl.inf as suggested on the first page of this thread, but that just opened a notepad. Can anyone tell me how to install the Msvb50? I have Windows XP. All the download files on the Microsoft site list the Msvb files as usable for all the Windows versions except XP. Does Msvb50 work with Win XP, and if not, can Civcopytool be made to work with XP?
                          At Civfanatics' there is a full install of the latest tested version. It will give you the required runtime to run any version.

(I sent it to Markos as well, but he hasn't uploaded it/sent me the URL/recived it)

Comment

• Re: Re: How to create a lot of civs ?

Originally posted by Gramphos

Sorry to dissapoint you, but that was stated a long time ago, befre I even got the game. All I had were some BIC-files and screeenshots of the editor pages.

I then estimated the maximum nuber of civs to 31 due to the way the Units are saved. However after I got the game I figured out that the graphics used by the foreign advisor is hard coded into the EXE.

We don't know wether or not Firaxis ha any plans to change on that, but we are awaiting the next patch, as they have commented on the issue, and it might be fixed. (As it can be concidered as a bug when the files used also are listed in the textfiles among with all othe files used.)
                            Thank's a lot, Gramphos !

Really, I am disapointed because I would like to use my country (Brazil) as a new civ. Only what I can do is to change a civ (like Iroquois, or Persian, or Babilon...) by Brazil.

Comment

At Civfanatics' there is a full install of the latest tested version. It will give you the required runtime to run any version.

(I sent it to Markos as well, but he hasn't uploaded it/sent me the URL/recived it)

OK, Things are definately looking up. I can now open Civ3copytool. I don't know how to use it though. I guessed that I was supposed to start the savegame edit part or the program, load the saved game to edit, select the "Map" editing function, then...what? I tried selecting "Import form BIC", but this puts me to selecting from scenarios. I tried "Reveal Map", which gives me nothing.

What do I have do to edit the savegame map?

Sorry to be so dense.
                              "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• With the big change to civ 3 Multi-tool, why not a new splash screen?

Version number belongs in top right hand corner
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X