Dissapearing rescorces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dissapearing rescorces

I had a uranium deposit in my city severial turns ago - now its gone! are there rescorces that only last for a certin time? there are no other socerces of uranium in other civs so now i cant buld my spaceship! Can anyone help?
    Bob
    "Si hoc obstat, dejectum sit - If its in the way let it be knocked down."
    >>>>------------I>

[]==I=========>

Yes, once a tile with a resource on it has been roaded (or a city built on it), there is an extremely small chance for each turn that it will disappear--this is true for all Strategic resources.

HOWEVER, the resource then always reappears on another tile. Did you look hard enough? It's there somewhere.
    meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Press CTRL+ SHIFT + M (if i remember correctly) to clear the map of clutter - then look reaaaaaaal hard

Comment

Thankyou, Ill look again! (what else are explorers for?) Do you know if you can buld mines in a oil rescorce?
        Bob
        >>>>------------I>

[]==I=========>

Comment

Not all resources, rubber and horse can never deplete.

Comment

Originally posted by BadBob
            Thankyou, Ill look again! (what else are explorers for?) Do you know if you can buld mines in a oil rescorce?
            Bob
            1. By this time, you should be able to trade maps rather than use Exporers. For that matter, I think that resources are always shown wherever there is no fog.

2. You can mine everything except flood plains.
            The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Thankyou I found it!! However it is within someone elses borders. Not in there city boundres but within there spheare of influnce. Any idea how i can buld a colony within someone elses borders?
              Bob
              >>>>------------I>

[]==I=========>

Comment

Not sur if you can, but it would do no good anyway as colonies are absorbed by culture.

Can you build a town close to the resource? Tring to get your border to capture it.

Comment

Unfortenly it is deep within his borders I guess ill have to go to war!
                  >>>>------------I>

[]==I=========>

Comment

Any idea how i can buld a colony within someone elses borders?
                    Bob
                    Can't. In fact, in C3C, building a city inside another Civ's borders is a declaration of war, and I presume this is true for Colonies as well even though they get absorbed (if the option is even available.)

War will be the only option. Be thankful it's Uranium and not something more useful.
                    meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Originally posted by mrmitchell
                      Yes, once a tile with a resource on it has been roaded (or a city built on it), there is an extremely small chance for each turn that it will disappear--this is true for all Strategic resources.

HOWEVER, the resource then always reappears on another tile. Did you look hard enough? It's there somewhere.
                      Not actually. If you have a very small number of permitted tiles, it won't always reappear.

Comment

Thanks - ill wait untill out rite of passage expires (with a good # of my troops poised to pouncs!!
                        Bob
                        >>>>------------I>

[]==I=========>

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
                          Not all resources, rubber and horse can never deplete.
                          I did not know that! Makes sense I guess. I should have no fear of connecting these resources then.

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
                            Not all resources, rubber and horse can never deplete

As to that statment - I was under the impression that you only gainded that resource if you had a road from it to your city and a worker. (or a conoly with a road to your city)
                            >>>>------------I>

[]==I=========>

Comment

all resources (except bonus) require a road to your city.

Comment

Working...
                              X