Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conquests Bug Thread (post BETA 1.12-patch)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by player1
    Smells like someone is playing v1.00
    If so, I must be playing it pretty badly since I don't have any cash!

No, 1.15b actually.
    So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
    Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

• I am playing 1.12. I am only allowed to plant the spy in the enemy capital. This makes the 'propaganda' spy option useless because you can only apply propaganda to the city where your spy is planted. However, you cannot make the capital revolt. This has to be a bug of some kind.

Comment

• BUG: Paratroopers have no attack sound

Ways to test it:
        Just attack with them.

Why it wasn't found earlier:
        Who would use unit with offense of 4 for attack?

How to fix it:
        In "WWII Paratrooper.ini" file the ATTACK1= line is empty.
        It should be ATTACK1=WWIIParatrooperAttack.amb instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by bfg9000
          I am playing 1.12. I am only allowed to plant the spy in the enemy capital. This makes the 'propaganda' spy option useless because you can only apply propaganda to the city where your spy is planted. However, you cannot make the capital revolt. This has to be a bug of some kind.
          I've installed 1.15 so I guess it's feasible that something was screwy in 1.12, but the spy planting and propaganda options in the game have always worked in the same manner to my knowledge. Forget about what the civilopedia might say about how propaganda works (must have a spy in the city) -- with a planted spy you should be able to select the propaganda option from the espionage screen and then select a city from the enemy civ's city list in the upper right of the screen to target your propaganda attack (just like you would select a city to investigate). Is that not working in 1.12?

Catt

Comment

• Originally posted by lethe
            Two LAN mp bugs:

1) Philosophy doesn't provide a free tech. (It does in Hotseat though.)
            It still provides a free tech, but it'll be a random one. The same as the second free tech from ToE. (The first free tech from ToE is the one you're researching.) It's no use to set research sequence, either, as it doesn't follow it.

You can't imagine how heartbroken I was when ToE gave me Ironclads!

Comment

• Originally posted by Catt

I've installed 1.15 so I guess it's feasible that something was screwy in 1.12, but the spy planting and propaganda options in the game have always worked in the same manner to my knowledge. Forget about what the civilopedia might say about how propaganda works (must have a spy in the city) -- with a planted spy you should be able to select the propaganda option from the espionage screen and then select a city from the enemy civ's city list in the upper right of the screen to target your propaganda attack (just like you would select a city to investigate). Is that not working in 1.12?

Catt

I can select the propaganda option but I cannot select any city from the city list. If you can do this in 1.15, then that is great. I'll just wait for the upcoming patch for that feature then .

Comment

• Originally posted by bfg9000

I can select the propaganda option but I cannot select any city from the city list. If you can do this in 1.15, then that is great. I'll just wait for the upcoming patch for that feature then .
                Is the enemy a democracy? If so, you can't do propaganda against any city.

Catt

Comment

• Originally posted by Catt

Is the enemy a democracy? If so, you can't do propaganda against any city.

Catt
                  Doh! yes it is

Comment

• And on that one.....when you plant a spy, do you have a lower chance of success against a Democracy than other forms of governmnt?
                    So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
                    Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

• I'm not sure if this is a bug,but when I capture a size 1 capital , (after having destroyed almost every other rival's cities) , the capital is destroyed and I cannot capture it

Comment

• Originally posted by splogo
                        I'm not sure if this is a bug,but when I capture a size 1 capital , (after having destroyed almost every other rival's cities) , the capital is destroyed and I cannot capture it
                        A city must have 10 points of culture or pop of at least 2 to be captured. Otherwise it will autoraze.

I forget, but I think this came in with PTW.

Comment

• I already brought this up at CFC, but 1.20 patch doesn't seem to be taking care of it (the description I read of it), so:

Hidden Nationality land units bug. Although a HUMAN player can not attack and capture cities with them (unless declaring war), the AI can, and greatly abuses this. For me it's no problem, I can handle it, but the other AIs have no clue how to deal with it.

And also, the continuing sub bug really annoys me:
                          Invisible units bug.
                          If your submarines happen to be in the direct path of the AI, he will attack and declare war, no matter what, instead of simply going round it. Same with invisible land units: if the AI happens to move a worker onto the square where you have an invisibe unit, it attacks and war is declared. He should just ask me to leave his territory instead. Again, the AI does not actively seek them out to attack, only if it's by accident in his direct chosen path, BAM, war !

I'd really like to see both of them fixed at some stage.
                          AK.

Comment

• Jesse mentioned that they had big problems trying to correct the sub issue and bailed out.

Comment

• For this patch (1.20).

But, for next...

Comment

• Yeah, I hope so.
                                A lot of mods out there use Hidden Nationality and Invisible units, so that would be useful.
                                Is there a thread somewhere to make suggestions for Civ4 yet ?

AK.

Comment

Working...
                                X