Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conquests Bug Thread (post BETA 1.12-patch)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

was it a HUT or a barbarian encampment? i am confused by your wording gibsie.

sorry for misunderstanding it before
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Ahh, I see why I was causing confusion now... it was a goody hut thing.

Comment

Some issues noted outstanding post patch for Age of Discovery MP scenario ...

1) "Dias Voyage" description shows palace not the voyage.

2) Open area middle of North America at start of game. I was playing as Dutch.

3) A treasure being transported to capital by pikeman disappeared ! This was Spain reporting this.

My apologies if these are known issues. Just thought I'd place them on record if not.
        WarningU2 Member of CIvilization Players Multiplayer League
        ---------------------------
        "A witty saying proves nothing." - Voltaire (1694-1778)

Comment

Originally posted by WarningU2
          3) A treasure being transported to capital by pikeman disappeared ! This was Spain reporting this.
          That's the whole point of transporting it to the capital. You get the gold and/or the victory points for it, and it disappears.

Comment

Duh ! I know this ... it never reached the capital. It disappeared on its way to the capital. Or at least that is what I was told by the player who mentioned it.

Comment

Status Box right side with keepres=1

I'm not sure if this is a new bug or an old, but I've been playing with keepres=1 and have noticed, that there are a few pixels of the right statusbox above and further to the right than the real box. (I'll see if I can get a screenshot tomorrow)

And wilwe posting another bug I think has beein in for some time now:
              When you are at the setup screen and choose to customize the tribe and you tab through the textfilds and round the dialog the mark will stay in the title field, but you will fdo input to the name field (or whatever field you tab to) If you then use the mouse to place a new mark, the old mar will still stay unless you place the new in the title filed.
              Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Gramphos, I think that is part of the Ship Loaded graphic. I have a screenshot at home I can put up later.

Comment

I can start, load and play regular games, but the program freezes when I select Hotseat. I have to go into task manager and end the program. It appears to load okay when I hit mutiplayer but when I hit the hotseat radio button the program freezes. Any ideas?
                  "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Bug, or change to game function? I had an improvement involuntarily sold off despite a positive balance in my treasury and a per-turn deficit several turns from reaching a negative balance. Clicking "What's the big picture?" launched the civilopedia entry for "Treasury."

v1.12, demi-god, epic game, all random.

Catt
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hum you could be right on the edge, IIRC the -1 gold is a projection.

Comment

vmxa1 has a good point. Your warrior and curragh are due this turn. Berlin grows and possibly finishes the archer, at the same time auto-arranges the workers to reduce commerce. Can't see what your 4th city is doing.
                        This assumes you're over the limit for free military.

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
                          Hum you could be right on the edge, IIRC the -1 gold is a projection.
                          Nope - the -1 gold is the amount lost each turn -- I should have 5 more turns before going negative (barring any changes in the empire).

Originally posted by playshogi
                          vmxa1 has a good point. Your warrior and curragh are due this turn. Berlin grows and possibly finishes the archer, at the same time auto-arranges the workers to reduce commerce. Can't see what your 4th city is doing.
                          This assumes you're over the limit for free military.
                          Creative idea, but not how it played out. I changed the production from archer to barracks (mil civ is same cost). And even with the warrior and curragh I haven't hit the ceiling on free unit support. Here's a shot from the next turn -- I didn't lose another improvement on the next few turns while still running a deficit.

Catt
                          Attached Files

Comment

the 5 gold is from selling the barracks.
                            "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                            - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Originally posted by Uber KruX
                              the 5 gold is from selling the barracks.
                              Yes! I should get 5 gold for the barracks. Unfortunately, I don't have a save except for 5 or 6 turns previously and just after the event. When I load the early save, I have plenty of gold (+/- 27 gold with 10 turns to Phil at -2 gpt) to continue the research path. But I can't recreate the circumstances when I play through 5 turns. It's possible that I faced a demand and had to give up much of my treasury the first time through -- creating a negative treasury intra-turn -- just don't remember it now and can't recreate it. But the possiblity of a demand (it's demigod and I am pretty weak) certainly seems reasonable and could have happened without my remembering it this morning. Unless someone else experiences the same thing, I'll assume this is my operator error (demand drained my treasury) instead of a bug.

Catt

Comment

Thanks for those screen shots ... I have a stupid question now unrelated to bugs so please excuse this ... but your terrain for jungles look totally diffferent from mine and I not you have happy faces on the map. What is different here with your settings ? Just curious

Comment

Working...
                                X