Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conquests Bug Thread (post BETA 1.12-patch)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thats because you clicked "OK" on the rename screen, renaming the unit. renamed units don't change names (even your manually entered ones). hit escape, and i think it CANCELS it.
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

You can get a unit back to the default name by renaming it (Shift-N) and pressing OK while the edit box is empty.

Comment

Here's something which I haven't seen mentioned before, although it probably has been... volcanoes can destroy cities that they explode next to... in my latest game, I found a village located on top of a volcano that had erupted, covered in damage. That doesn't seem right to me

I got the save if anone wants to see...

Comment

I was playing the Dutch on Emperor level. I had two sources of gunpowder plugged into my road network. I was building musketmen, but then, all of a sudden, musketmen no longer appeared on the build list. There were only Swiss Pikemen. I don't know why this happened. The gunpowder sources were definitely still in my road network.

Also, when the main menu comes up, you can't access the Exit choice by using the down key.

Comment

Originally posted by Dactyl
            I was playing the Dutch on Emperor level. I had two sources of gunpowder plugged into my road network. I was building musketmen, but then, all of a sudden, musketmen no longer appeared on the build list. There were only Swiss Pikemen. I don't know why this happened. The gunpowder sources were definitely still in my road network.

Also, when the main menu comes up, you can't access the Exit choice by using the down key.
            swiss pikemen are cheaper musketmen.
            "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."

Comment

Originally posted by Gibsie
              Here's something which I haven't seen mentioned before, although it probably has been... volcanoes can destroy cities that they explode next to... in my latest game, I found a village located on top of a volcano that had erupted, covered in damage. That doesn't seem right to me

I got the save if anone wants to see...
              volcanoes destroy anything the lava hits. cities, units, terrain improvements... etc.

Comment

Umm... yeah, that's why I'm reporting this bug Uber KruX. Apparently the volcano had not destroyed the village situated right on top of it when it erupted. Look:
                Attached Files

Comment

did the lava hit the city? it only hits 2 random squares around the volcano.

Comment

I'm not talking about a city, I'm talking about the minor tribe/ village/ goody hut or whatever you want to call it that was on the volcano; for consistency if a volcano's eruptino will destroy anything it hits, it ought to destroy a village too!

Comment

You can't build anything on a volcano. So only surrounding tiles with be damage. You can place a hut on one with the editor, I just tried it.

Comment

OK. Now what has that (Or anything anyone else has said regarding volcanoes here) got to do with the bug I have reported? I already said that the village was on top of the volcano, that wasn't the bug though: the bug was that the volcano erupted, covered the village in lava but it was not destroyed. If an eruption will destroy all improvements or a city then it would be inconsistent for a village to survive where all else is destroyed.

Comment

Good point Gibsie.
                          "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                          "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

So THAT'S where all the tough barbarians have been hanging out!!
                            The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

I don't know if it is a bug or not. It seems that all objects placed at the start of the game should be impervious to the lava and huts are no excption. It is the same as horses or saltpeter to the map. It is just a one time use then deleting resource. So while it may seem reasonable for the "village" to burn down, it can be viewed as a resource. Yeah, I know resources would be buried in real life and all of that.

So I am not making a case for it, only that it may be intended.

Comment

Well that is a valid explanation... of course the entire concept and implementation of these villages is entirely unrealistic to begin with and it's nothing important.

Comment

Working...
                                X