Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conquests Bug Thread (post BETA 1.12-patch)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conquests Bug Thread (post BETA 1.12-patch)

i recommend a new thread for specifying bugs that either are new in the BETA patch or havn't been corrected yet.

simply for better overview reasons.

i'll start with the firaxis-mentioned bug:

NOTE: CHOOSING RANDOM IN MULTIPLAYER CAN CAUSE AN OOS WHEN LOADING THE MATCH. WE RECOMMEND THAT YOU PICK YOUR CIVILIZATION FOR THE TIME BEING. THIS WILL BE ADDRESSED IN THE NEXT PATCH.
    so no random civilization choice in MP until next patch (Q2/04?)
    - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
    - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Found in editor:
    Stealth Fighter still can stealth attack Smoke-Jaguar the Mayan king unit. (Assuming stealth attack from planes works.)

Comment

Something keeps switching the ingame music back on.

This time it was someone opening a load game in the multiplayer menu screen. It has happened at least once before but I am not sure what triggered it that time. All I remember is being in the multiplayer menu screen and hearing the drumrolls music. I thought it was kinda cool until I realised I had switched the music off. I checked in preferences and had to click it off again.

Nice patch so far

Edit: I can confirm that the music switchs back on when the host loads a load game.
      Last edited by Snotty; December 23, 2003, 22:14.
      Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

PBEMs load their settings from time to time (quite annoying)
        "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
        - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Re: Conquests Bug Thread (post BETA 1.12-patch)

Originally posted by sabrewolf

so no random civilization choice in MP until next patch (Q2/04?)
          I think you can choose random but there is a much higher chance of a crash.
          Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

the incan civlopedia entry is incomplete.
            "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."

Comment

Originally posted by Uber KruX
              PBEMs load their settings from time to time (quite annoying)
              Shouldn't they load their settings? So the rest of the time you can reset the settings on your own computer?

Comment

they load the settings of the last person to have played. thats usually not you.

Comment

This deals with corruption and FP post v1.12 and is in the "maybe" pile since it is a continuation of a saved game and 1.12 may not support save files.

Worth a look for any one interested.

AI:C3C Debug Game Report (Part1) :C3C Debug Game Report (Part2)
                  Strategy:The Machiavellian Doctrine
                  Visit my WebsiteMonkey Dew

Comment

Everytime I try to start the game I get a message to insert the Conquests CD when it is in the CDRom drive, So I can't play.

Comment

That is probably caused by Securom and has been reported in every flavor of CivIII/PTW and C3C. Contact Firaxis or Atari for a no-cd patch.

Comment

It's very unlikely to have a legal no-cd patch, I think.

Comment

In some cases they will help you get a legal no-cd patch.
                          Obviously you will have to provide some proof htat you actually own the game (legally).
                          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I think it's best that people make the destinction between an 1.0 C3C game loaded with the new patch and a new game started in 1.12.
                            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Incans not getting agricultural bonus

I don't know if this was before or after the patch, but I first noticed it afterwards:

(A new game created after the patch)

Type: Hotseat.

The Sumerians (Agricultural) are getting the bonus food in center square

The Incans (Agricultural) are not.

Any ideas?

(saved game attached)

I have checked another game with Incans and they had the same problem in the other one.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X