Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conquests Bug Thread (post BETA 1.12-patch)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AAHZ 1.15 has some updates for the scenarios, take a look. I am not sure what was fixed though.

Comment

• Possible bug

I think I've found a bug: I was patrolling with one of my Nuclear Submarines when I came across a Byzantine convoy (some Dromons and a Galleon). We weren't at war, what's more, we had Mutual Protection and Right of Passage agreements, so I ordered the submarine to sail along. By the time it used up all its movement points, it was adjacent to the convoy.

At the beginning of the next turn, a message pops up telling me that the Byzantines have declared war against me and, after that, the camera centers on my the convoy mentioned earlier attacking my submarine (in vain, of course ).

It seems to me that the AI *unintentionally* declared war against me, since it didn't have the technology to detect submarines yet (no Destroyers). So I concluded that the AI did NOT see the submarine, it was only following the convoy's route, so when it moved the ships into the apparently empty ocean square, it accidentally attacked my submarine, not sinking it but initiating a war and demolishing my dipolmatic relationship with the Byzantines.

Comment

• Yes, that's a well-known bug by now.

- Kef
        I AM.BUDDHIST

Comment

• Has anyone noticed that when you turn a fortress into a barricade that you lose the zone-of-control advantage? Not sure why that should disappear unless it is a bug.

Comment

• Age of Discovery bug

An exploitation bug allows you to mine the same resource for treasure from several cities within range of the resource, thus multiplying the value many times. The AI never does this, so it must be an exploitation bug. There should only be one city allowed per resource. It would be better if a road were required. That would automatically solve the problem and be more realistic at the same time. In my opinion, mines are too cheap as well, considering the Victory Point value (especially gold mines).

Comment

• Re: Age of Discovery bug

Originally posted by Rusty Nail
              An exploitation bug allows you to mine the same resource for treasure from several cities within range of the resource, thus multiplying the value many times. The AI never does this, so it must be an exploitation bug. There should only be one city allowed per resource. It would be better if a road were required. That would automatically solve the problem and be more realistic at the same time. In my opinion, mines are too cheap as well, considering the Victory Point value (especially gold mines).
              This is probably since prerequisite for building mines and other treasure generating buidlings is exept having the resouce, is to have it in range of city (like Iron Works).

But, since it's not a small wonder you can easily have two or 3 cities sharing same resource.

P.S.
              Since it's pretty much hard-coded, I doubt that it can be fixed any way.

Comment

• Player 1, you are on to something there. The mines should be redefined as small wonders. This could be done in the editor. I did the same once before in a mod using resources within the city borders for extra shields and it worked fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rusty Nail
                  Player 1, you are on to something there. The mines should be redefined as small wonders. This could be done in the editor. I did the same once before in a mod using resources within the city borders for extra shields and it worked fine.
                  The only prolem is that in that case you can only have one mine per resource type (one for gold one for silver, etc...)

Comment

• Bomber not returning/Untouchable enemy

C3C v 1.15
                    After bombing a unit the bomber remained in the square with the enemy. That unit could not then be attacked but my units could pass through the square as if it were friendly.
                    Attachment:Two squares west of Sao Paulo

I believe this bug existed in both Civ III and PTW
                    Last edited by SewerStarFish; February 8, 2004, 13:07.
                    What is the capital of Assyria?
                    Ashur

Comment

• Civil Engeneer Bug

If a city has shields accumulated through work of civil engeneers, than these shields are erroneously added after rush of improvement.

For example:

Bursa (1 Civil Engeneer)
                      40 shileds -- rushed temple (60) switched to market (68! shields) -- rushed commercial dock (80) -- switched to market (88!). Always +8 shields after rush.

Ancyra (2 Civil Engeneer)
                      48 shields -- temple rushed (60), switched to market (76!) -- rushed commercial dock (80), switched to marked (96!). Always +16 shields after rush.

See attachment
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by pvzh; February 5, 2004, 17:26.

Comment

• the esc key doesnt seem to work to close windows and exit the game anymore..

i have another question about the agricultural bonus:
                        if a civ is agri, will a city on a river tile produce 4 food in its center tile? 2 from the terrain, 1 from agri bonus to center tile, 1 from fresh water bonus...

Comment

• I noticed this yeserday.

I had a large stack of about 10 MAs sitting outside a Hittite City. I used the "Move units in stack" button and put it into the city. After 3 attacks, my tanks stopped attacking, but the units inside continued to defend against invisible, non-existent attacking foes, and lost without me losing any health. I repeated this with weaker units, same thing happened. Quite a bad exploit here.
                          "ARRRRGGGGHHH!!!" Several key people in history

Comment

• Two LAN mp bugs:

1) Philosophy doesn't provide a free tech. (It does in Hotseat though.)

2) You can sell the same tech to the same civ repeatedly if you are quick. I tested it and sold Code of Laws for 4 different techs, one at a time. (There is a time delay before the AI really notices it's got this new tech.) HUGE exploit possibility.

Comment

• Originally posted by lethe
                              Two LAN mp bugs:

1) Philosophy doesn't provide a free tech. (It does in Hotseat though.)
                              You shouldn't get a free tech w/ Philosophy in C3C [Feature] so this would be a Hotseat bug.
                              What is the capital of Assyria?
                              Ashur

Comment

• SSF: Uhm, the free tech from philosophy was introduced with C3C, so I sure hope it's supposed to be there. (It's there in SP and Hotseat. Just gone awol in lan play.)

Up to demigod now on SP and still happily beelining for philosophy to achieve tech parity.

Comment

Working...
                                X