X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dominae
    You forgot Radar Towers...
    That only applies to defense from aerial bombardment

However, that brings me to another point - an arty SOD will do nothing to that, because IIRC the defense of the unit is a factor in the chance of arty doing damage. One hit out of twenty are not good odds.

Comment

Originally posted by skywalker
      That only applies to defense from aerial bombardment.
      Huh? Radar Towers give +25% defense to all friendly units within its radius (land, sea, or air).

Dominae
      And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

Huh? Radar Towers give +25% defense to all friendly units within its radius (land, sea, or air).
        I tested it after it first came out in PTW but can't find the thread in the PTW archive (and can't remember all the test results -- don't know if it was a bug, but believe it or not it didn't seem to give the bonus to air engagements of all things. But, yes, it does indeed give the 25% bonus (both offense and defense) to all land and sea units whether engaged in actual combat or bombardment, which may explain why the AI builds them everywhere.

Catt

Comment

Originally posted by Catt
          which may explain why the AI builds them everywhere.
          ...and defends them!
          And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

Dominae
            my bad, sorry

Comment

Radar gives defense bonus to air? Not sure about that.

AI defense is light, 1 unit. I have yet to see a 2 unit defense.But on
              the other hand, my 2-3 unit tower is usually ignored.

==PF

Comment

Slowmover Armies, now at 2 moves, have retreat.
                The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Ummm, I think Armies heal in enemy territory without Battlefield Medicine.

Is it just me, or are not my last two observations insane??!!
                  The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

I have not noticed, but it could be true.

Comment

• Ah yes I was wondering why my 11 tank divisions were cleaning up the enemy so well. Thanks for the info

Comment

• Pillaging a Barricade Uses all Movement

Don't know whether by design or unintentional, but pillaging a barricade uses an army's entire remaining movement allowance (or any other unit's, for that matter), even if the barricade is in your territory.

Catt

Comment

• Originally posted by Catt
                          Pillaging a Barricade Uses all Movement

Don't know whether by design or unintentional, but pillaging a barricade uses an army's entire remaining movement allowance (or any other unit's, for that matter), even if the barricade is in your territory.

Catt
                          I would imagine it would be by design, even reducing an unoccupied fortress would take considerable time and resources.
                          * A true libertarian is an anarchist in denial.
                          * If brute force isn't working you are not using enough.
                          * The difference between Genius and stupidity is that Genius has a limit.
                          * There are Lies, Damned Lies, and The Republican Party.

Comment

• Originally posted by Theseus
                            Ummm, I think Armies heal in enemy territory without Battlefield Medicine.

Is it just me, or are not my last two observations insane??!!
                            Actually ANY unit will heal in enemy territory without Battlefield Medicine, it's just very, very slow for non-army units; not sure what the exact numbers are. Once you build Battlefield Medicine, the healing rate is bumped up to a HP/turn for non-army units.
                            "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                            "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                            "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

• A note about the invincibility of armies:

A 3-knight army can STILL LOSE when attacking a veteran knight on a hill.

Happened to me this weekend...
                              You can't fight in here! This is the WAR room!

Comment

• You mean your 3 knights weren't veterans? Or were they?
                                Jack

Comment

Working...
                                X