Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is definitely one of the slower ones
    "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
    "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

• Thanks for the PM, Stray - this game is foundering somewhat...

Do I gather that once Doc has played I get a lovely glowing nuclear turn?
      If so - this will be my first ever nuclear turn in a Succession Game!! - and only about the fifth or sixth ever ...

Stu
      "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
      "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

• Um, there is a problem. I downloaded the last save to continue the game, but it said it wasn't a save file. I tried the last few saves and none of them work.........even SG's original save.

All other game saves I have work though, just not any ones I download today. I even tried some from a different succession game. I reinstalled Civ2 to be sure, but the same thing happens. Version is 2.42.

What's going on?

Comment

• Isn't this MGE, Herr Dokter?

edit:
          Originally posted by Gits "Oh - its a Giga map 180x180, small land mass, archipelago"

2.42 doesn't support gigamaps, so this is definitely MGE.

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
          "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

• Oops. I convinced myself I played my last set of turns on this windows install. It must have been the last one, when I had MGE set up. Ok, will rectify this after I eat and thanks to the quick response can still get some turns in today.

Comment

• Tum ti tum...........*loads up the save*

(few minutes later)

A-ha, an enemy city. Oooh sir, I don't think I've ever seen such a large and magnificent empire.

1887 Tweak: BK has left things in order, but some vulnerable partisans were squished.

1888: Various partisan attacks, but nothing lost.

Calcutta captured. Enough partisans butchered to keep the bloodthirsty rodents happy.

1889: Indians found Punjab in our territory.

Punjab captured
              Kolhapur captured
              Lahore captured

Partisans mashed

1890:

Bombay captured, destroying Indians

1891:

Ceasefire with French.

1892:

All is ready for the final assault now..........we have units galore and a worldwide fleet of transports. SG will need his "the French are scum" cap to facilitate matters. Over to you SG.

Comment

• Save.
                Attached Files

Comment

• okey dokey - will smash the scummy French asap

RAR

Comment

• Ah, the Indian scourge squished.
                    Welcome back, Spike.
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by DrSpike
                      . SG will need his "the French are scum" cap to facilitate matters.
                      If you manage to grab such a cap, Dr, please send it to me
                      Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

• [backpedal] I meant, of course, that to rile such a peaceful and civilised race SG would need to resort to underhand tactics. [/backpedal]

Comment

• In any event, the French were the longest-surviving AIs in both the Mongol Horde game and this one.

So they're doing something right Or maybe they just happened to be furthest away

Comment

• Why tend your own vinyard - when there are French peasants just itching to do it for you

Comment

• Is that the cap that you wear on holiday [1]?

And now for something entirely different......

Happy birthday to the wascally wabbit!

I hope that it's -Jrabbit's birthday in all your timezones too, but when the forums front page tells me it is then that's cause for celebration, regardless of whether he is out of bed yet.
                              Last edited by duke o' york; October 28, 2003, 09:18.

Comment

• Thank you, duke. Nice to be remembered.

For the record, the b'day is Oct. 28, and this one's the Big 5-0. Which bothers me not at all. Really.

Celebrating (some would say, trying to recapture my lost and misspent youth) by taking my teenage daughter to a concert tonight -- Michelle Branch.
                                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Working...
                                X