Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Straybow
    [
    1780: Greeks take Milouville (and acquire Direction). LF says "ralbol" and resigns.
    "Direction" is ummm, "Leadership" maybe? "ralbol"
    'Direction' is french for Leadership
    'ralbol' is French slang for 'fed up'
    Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

• OK - will try to find time over the weekend - but Mother is visiting - may have problems sneaking away....

SG[1]
      "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
      "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

• Well - we only managed 5 turns - and had a crash that lost our log - but here are our turns...

1798 = Steel->Combustion; Misc trading
        1800 = Tlaxcala captured; more trading;
        1802 = Combustion->Automobile;
        1804 = Virconium lost - Romans steal 'Direction' ; Tlacopan captured;
        1806 = Automobile->Mobile Warfare; Pharsalos captured - Refrigereration stolen;

Lets get this show on the road...

The SGs sloshed out of our tiny minds

Comment

• ... and the save...
          Attached Files

Comment

• STYOM is up!

SGs, you may wish to post the turn order, it's already two pages back.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scouse Gits
              Order of Play

Third Round

Obiwan18 - 8 Turns
              La Fayette - 8 Turns
              SCG - 8 Turns
              SG[1] - 8 Turns
              STYOM - 8 Turns
              SG(2) - 8 Turns
              Hydey - 8 Turns
              DrSpike - 8 Turns
              Straybow - 8 Turns
              -Jrabbit - 8 Turns

SG[1]
              As requested, but it was higher up the last page...

SG[1]

Comment

• STYOM ... any chance of a Press Conference about progress?

----------------

SG(2)

Comment

• Otherwise we will all be STYO men by the time we finish.

Comment

• Sorry guys, I was really busy last week, and when I had a chance to come back online and look around, I didn't even think to check if it was my turn

Duly chastened, I will download, and play by Thursday night.
                    "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
                    "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

• The overlong rule of President STYOM

STYOM the tardy returns to the presidency, armed with a spotless reputation, but not much of a military... I know we're a democracy and all, but we can field some sort of army, can't we?

(rereads rules) Ahh, I see, subverting OK...

Checks for disorder, changes production away from Granaries (cripes, we ought to get the Pyramids before either city finishes building Granaries), and presses enter...

1808: Roman Destroyer sinks our Frigate.

Erm, Superhighways built in Donald Duck... which is currently working exactly 2 tiles with roads on them, who rushbuilt that? Superhighways completed in a few more appropriate places, too.

We make peace with the Aztecs - the better to subsequently ask them to withdraw

Spy opens a hut full of barbs at 304, 118. Increment some Freight.

Romans land near SpaceMountain, kill the defenders except for one Spy

1810: Spy bribes Dragoons near SpaceMountain and Dragoons kills remaining Roman units

We demand that the Aztecs withdraw, and they do

We can't bribe anything currently, so tax rate is adjusted to 2.2.6, 3 turns/tech.

Various cities renamed in a fit of boredom - Pharsalos>Flicka, Tlaxala>Pixar, Mycenae>Mr Toad's Ride, Tlacopan>Penzance, Bengale>Kiplingville.

Romans start Cure for Cancer.

1812: Roman transports traipse around our seas with impunity! Time for some better defenders than Horsemen

Aztecs withdraw again when asked

1814: Mobile Warfare>Flight.
                      Our August President decides to play with the tax rates again, settling on 2.6.2 to let some of our smaller cities grow.

This is a conquest game - and yet our production capacity is quite low. The next order of business ought to be factories, to produce the Armor units we need, and CfC, if we can get it.

War with Aztecs, after we ask them to leave Greeks declare war as our Cannon destroys an Aztec defender.

Tlatelolco falls to our Cavalry and we take Flight. Aztecs demand, and get, a peace treaty.

Research begins on Radio.

1816: Greeks start Cure for Cancer. Taxes adjusted to 3.6.1, for the cashflow.

We kill a trespassing Greek Partisan, and Aztecs/Indians declare war.

French start Cure for Cancer.

Greeks land suddenly and destroy Camp Wannaweep, taking Mobile Warfare, and destroy defender in Tintin City

1818: Our Frigate sinks a marauding Roman Destroyer. Jungle Cruise liberated, and we gain Fundamentalism. Aztecs again force peace.

Sell Marketplace in Tintin City as it is indefensible now

Taxes re-tweaked to 6.3.1, after 2 turns of growth.

Greeks capture Tintin City, taking Automobile.

1820: Cure for Cancer completed in Orlando. Greeks, French, Romans abandon it.
                      ChunderMountain founded. Aztecs withdraw when asked nicely

1822: Aztecs withdraw again, when asked nicely
                      Tlatelolco renamed Lilo.
                      Well, a bit of this and a bit of that. Magic Kingdom is celebrating at 30% lux, thanks to CfC, and we can probably run it up into the 30s, size wise. We have a few better defenders now, made necessary due to Roman and Greek incursions. My successor may want to trade more than I did - a desultory effort, really, and the bonuses didn't really justify it. Radio should be discovered next turn. We are positioned to celebrate a few of our cities, or rushbuy Armor/Fighters to polish off the Aztecs... or both
                      Attached Files

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
                      "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

• OK - we're on again - unless (2) gets to it first we can have a fling on Friday night - The SH bonus for trade makes them worthwhile in even dirtholes - check out the before and after figures so no apologies for donald duck ...

SG[1]

Comment

• I had thought SH only boosted trade in roaded tiles... which DD has 3 of; the rest is ocean.

However, I reloaded my 1822 save and sold the SH to see the difference... trade arrows dropped from 70 to 60, which would affect the bonuses from Freight. That said, SH might have made more sense in MouseCanal or TheMickey...
                          Last edited by Six Thousand Year Old Man; May 8, 2003, 08:30.

Comment

• It provides a multiplier bonus for delivered trade as well.

Comment

• We have played for three hours (sloshed) and nearly completed one turn (sloshed) - We shall continue ... (sloshed) asap...

Have a good day...

The SGs (emulating panag) (sloshed)

previously posted (sloshed) on the wrong thread...

The SGs (totally sloshed)

Comment

• Originally posted by Scouse Gits

We have played for three hours (sloshed) and nearly completed one turn (sloshed) - We shall continue ... (sloshed) asap...

Have a good day...

The SGs (emulating panag) (sloshed)

previously posted (sloshed) on the wrong thread...

The SGs (totally sloshed)
                                The official Gits' smiley.

Comment

Working...
                                X