New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Straybow
    Secondly, the 2940 turn screw-up shield restoration thingy. Any final objections? Kull? Stefan?
    Nope & Nein
    To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• [QUOTE] Originally posted by Slowthinker

But...
      I am not 100% sure if it was in this thread where I noticed a debate like it is normal to let an ally rule his civ if a player is absent.

Originally posted by germanos

I usually object to that as well, and have done so in other games.
      Actually, it's been done before in this game - check Steve/my/your posts at the bottom of page 3/top of page 4 in this thread. Given the ongoing diminishing universe of Civ2 PBEM, it's much harder than it once was to round up permanent or temporary players, so we should consider allowing this kind of thing if it's truly needed.

I'm ambivalent about the "sharing as part of diplomacy" - don't feel strongly either pro or con.
      To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• Actually, I wasn't happy with wonder production. That was Zedd's doing. He had already converted one 'van (completed shortly after I had to bow out) into WoW, and what he did with the second 'van that was in production when I left I don't know.

I had commented in my instructions/suggestions to Zedd about the caravans in production being intended for trade. So, from my return I was torn about the WoW and had considered abandoning it for a quicker return on investment as a caravan.

Perhaps that quandary is precisely why I didn't immediately apply the fix to keep a WoW in production. I wish I could be sure about that. As I mentioned earlier, the sleep-deprived weekend I played the critical turn is somewhat hazy in my mind.

Edit:
        But if it bothers you, fix it as a wonder with 86 shields and I'll change it to a caravan myself. Makes no difference, really.

PS: thanks for the non-objection, Kull.
        Last edited by Straybow; October 22, 2004, 19:16.
        (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
        (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Do you still need a player? I have never PBEM'd before, but am comfortable playing at Deity (for conquest, at least) and am willing to give this a try.

Comment

• Yes we do not a player, but it might just be a temporary thing.

This game has been going on for two years now, so if you join and Stephan doesn't show up in a month or so, you're in for a long haul.

You're welcome to give it a try
            "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
            "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• bab 2890

Relationships between Babylon and Assyria stay distant. Babylonian people feel insecure in fear of future. Trading continues, but limitedly.
              Babylon hopes for better tomorrow.

In the desert we found a very rich town named United Emirates. They are building an indoor skipiste there! They really deserve to be enslaved.

Eshunna was renamed to the correct name that was found in an old prophecy: Ceylon.
              Attached Files
              Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• OK. What's next?

Comment

• Welcome, Peaster. Weren't you attracted by Straybow's note in Civ2-General?
                  But I think we should wait for SparrowHawk's answer now, because he was first who answered (see previous page). It looks SparrowHawk wants rather to help us and to be only a temporary sub, but I think we should wait.

In the meantime... Peaster do you know the scenario?
                  If not you have to download it (see start of this thread). Also you can download the last Egyptian turn and open Persian position.
                  Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• IIRC, I found you through a CivFanatics PBEM thread, posted about a week ago. I agree that you should wait for Sparrowhawk.

I have heard of the scenario, and wanted to try it anyway. So, I downloaded the PBEM/Wrath version and played it (as a SP scenario) to around 3000BC. There were not many barbarians, so I suspect something is wrong. Looks like fun, but two years seems like a long time....

Comment

• Howdy, Peaster! Stefan has a new job in Hamburg, and seems tied up with work, moving, or whatever. Could be a short term problem, but we don't know 'cuz we haven't heard.

d/l AE-3500B for SP has a batch file for Barb Wrath. The PBEM Wrath version doesn't seem to trigger the massive waves of barbs that SP does.

germanos or kengel: did one of you say you had demand for timber?
                      Last edited by Straybow; October 23, 2004, 21:28.
                      (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                      (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                      (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Originally posted by Straybow
                        did one of you say you had demand for timber?
                        I have demand for Peaster
                        (if Sparrowhawk finally says "no")
                        Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

• to Peaster, I am much more interested in keeping this game moving then in actually playing (as I said to Slow Thinker in the PM he posted above, I didn't think using me as a substitute was the best solution anyway).

I welcome anyone else to replace (temporarily or permanently) Stefen then me so Peaster will do fine I am certain. I will still happily continue to Control N for absent players (over the 72 hour rule).

/me
                          "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Thanks for the warm welcomes. I am probably not the best solution either, but I'll watch this thread for a while, to see if I am needed.

Comment

• The mayor of Ish-Mandaroun looked out of his window and thought: why the heck did those Hittite swordsmen not choose to travel by road, as they were invited to do? Well, if they want to be stuck for ages in the hills, who am I to complain. I sure hope they will not interfere with the heavy traffic around my fair port. I better send a messenger to the to ask what route they intend to take before we get in trouble.
                              In other words: Will King Straybow II tell me the intended route home of these fine soldiers?

Department of Commerce

Traders reach the Egyptian city of Tanis. A little profit was made. The merchants will make a small donation to Pharaoh, who has gallantly allowed the delivery of their wine to the local taverns.

Bulletin for Hatta: In Assyria there is sparse demand for Timber. The city is expected to receive another caravan though, so the possibility exists the demand will wane within a couple of decades (turns).

Foreign Affairs
                              To Minos: our troops have left the immediate vicinity of Psychro. It was not possible to leave the city-radius though, unless we would have moved south. We figured heading back north through the woods was the lesser of two evils .
                              Our Caravan met again with the Minoan Skirmishers. They were invited for a talk. (Since LaFayette’s CivDip is apparently broken) they accepted the invitation. (In general I just deny all contacts of this sort). The Minoan skirmishers where trembling with fear when they saw the mighty camels and swiftly offered a cease-fire. Before the traders had uttered more then three words, “Sure, we never…”, the Minoans screamed “PEACE. PEACE Peacepeacepeacepease. PEACE! We want peace PLEASE!”. Amused, the traders accepted and didn’t bother again to explain that all must have been a misunderstanding anyway.
                              “Well, if the Minoan soldiers are such sissies, we are bound to rip off the Minoan buyers of our goods”, the merchants cheered. Several intrepid guys dashed for the forest and chopped some poplars down, sure to sell it for the finest construction timber later on.

On the banks of the Jordan, the Ammonites are packing their bags. They will resettle in the hills overlooking the valley. We expect the Egyptians not to cross the river and hinder the relocation of the Ammonite capital.
                              Elsewhere in Canaan, Assyrian scouts are heading to the sunny beaches where they will board transports to take them back home. If Egyptian forces spot these skirmishers, they should not be alarmed.

NB: zip contains CivDip for Egypt.
                              Attached Files
                              "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• Originally posted by Peaster
                                Thanks for the warm welcomes. I am probably not the best solution either, but I'll watch this thread for a while, to see if I am needed.
                                You will probably be asked to play the Persian turn that is due up in a couple of days.

Comment

Working...
                                X