Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by germanos
    No way I'm going to post a new save

I believe the "new save" Kull mentioned is speaking of the 2980 save 2 turns from now.
    (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• I have understood Kull's post as he was speaking about this turn... And I consider it a non-standard procedure that should be avoided IMHO. 'Attaching' after a saved game would be partially similar to reloading...

Kull, you can say it is a kind of exception like Straybow's problem, but this one may be solved by other means. I think you can articulate your ultimatum so that you wait one more turn. If you are afraid that Assyrian charioteers will destroy yours next turn, then you may ask for a hostage(s) before your turn now (using civdip)

Concerning the game interruption - I am not very happy with that (I am in similar situation like Assyria - too many chariots and no work for them, I am eager to send them upstream of Eufrat and Tigris now ) but I am prepared to wait.
      Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowThinker
        (I am in similar situation like Assyria - too many chariots and no work for them...
        Speak for yourself!

I am eager to send them upstream of Eufrat and Tigris now )
        noted.
        "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
        "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• Re: Storm clouds gather over Canaan!

Originally posted by Kull
          1) Immediate acknowledgement that this settlement is in violation of the treaty and an agreement to root these trespassers out by 2890 B.C. (Pharoah will stay his hand and await the posting of a new Save File in which Assyria Rush Buys a settler in the city).

On the same date... in 2890...

(NOTE: No Egyptian forces have yet moved - we were able to identify the presence of the new city by the telltale "road" present in 84,64)
          There can be no doubt it is requested that I post a new save with a new rush-buy in Ammon.
          Which I will not do for procedural reasons. (As was explained in my PM to Kull as well)

While I'm at it:

STEPHAN !!!! Where are you !
          (not a bump)
          "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• Originally posted by germanos
            Originally posted by SlowThinker
            (I am in similar situation like Assyria - too many chariots and no work for them...
            Speak for yourself!
            It is not originally my idea. It was the only explication I got from my diplomats, scholars and analysts that investigated why your units penetrated in Babylon and why you say nothing when I ask for an explanation.

Originally posted by germanos
            Originally posted by Slowthinker
            I am eager to send them upstream of Eufrat and Tigris now )
            noted
            I hope my wink was noted too. Babylon stays a peaceful nation oriented to trade.
            Last edited by SlowThinker; October 13, 2004, 12:56.

Comment

• Concerning Stefan: I posted a request to Players Needed Thread for a (temporary) replacement of Stefan.
              A similar thread at Apolyton is lost evidently.
              Is anybody registrated ar cdgroups so that we may announce there?

Let's hope Stefan will return soon.

Comment

• Pharoah is happy to report that Diplomacy seems to be winning the day in Canaan. Didanu has been quite responsive, so as a gesture of good will, emissaries have been dispatched to Nineveh containing a potential alternate solution to this regrettable incident.

(Note to Slowthinker: Your PM Box is full)
                Attached Files
                To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• Kull, I cleaned the PM box already.

Comment

• I propose to skip Stefan. If he comes within 72 hours we will replay.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kull
                      Pharoah is happy to report that Diplomacy seems to be winning the day in Canaan. Didanu has been quite responsive, so as a gesture of good will, emissaries have been dispatched to Nineveh containing a potential alternate solution to this regrettable incident.
                      Assyria officially acknowledges that indeed diplomacy is making good progress, and we regret indeed the careless and rash actions taken by Assyrian representatives with regard to the Kingdom of Ammon. The Ammonite King is currently placed under Guard at the Emperial Palace in Nineveh. There is no doubt he will comply to any settlement that will inevitably be reached between the King Didanu and Pharaoh Ramesses II.

Comment

• I am noticing a pattern here ........

Control N done for the Persians.

/me
                        Attached Files
                        "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• An historical event occured in Greece: Our first sight of a persian city. We love to see that Persians also love wine & wifes

Nothing else of importance...

(except that the greek king now tries to learn a better english. Two grammar error removed in this post )
                          Attached Files

Comment

• We're very tolerant of grammar errors. Heck, if we kicked you out for that we'd need 7 new players!
                            (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                            (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                            (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• My faithful ally doesn't seem to have great confidence in non native speakers
                              Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

• Straybow, do you want to say you ever saw a grammar error with my english???

Comment

Working...
                                X