No announcement yet.

New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peaster, we had no war because there was nothing to fight for. Land is quite large . Also this is not a duel, so with 7-civs in game 5 civs will laugh if other 2 fights.

I think you can decide you'll be machiavellian or always straightforward or always bad... anything you want.
    Anyway it is clear a good reputation is worthwhile (however you keep it because of beeing straightforward or because of lying skilfully).
    Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• Originally posted by germanos
      Well, seeing that Babylon has been unable to garrison half of his cities for the last two centuries, I'm inclined to have some reservations towards his claims
      Babylonian troops are hidden in forests around Nineveh and will make your capital straight if you dare to untune SlowThinker the Immortal.
      (I must explain that Babylon has an immortal leader in contrast to Assyria)
      Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• Perseat: Sometimes we set the diplomatic AI attitude to "enthusiastic" so that if you invoke an AI response when approaching a foreign unit it won't be "This means WAR!!"
        (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
        (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Makes sense. I met a Greek unit during my turn and got the "do you want to talk?" message. Unlike SP, it went away after a few seconds as if I had said "yes". Fortunately, nothing happened. But I guess it is better to quickly say "no" in that situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Straybow
            Perseat
            I would think he might want to go to war with the Hittites just for the way you mangled his name

/me
            "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Sparrowhawk - I chose that name for the new Persian Steward, who recently contacted King Straybow about Hittite-Persian diplomatic relations.

Some more trivia about names - The Persian King is played by Stephan Hartel (SH). The Persian Steward is played by me, Steven H. The Persian Control-N person is Sparrow Hawk. Our nearest neighbor is Slowt Hinker. Ok, maybe that's going too far.

But I can't stop.... "Kull" is a fictional heroic character (like Conan) created by Robert E Howard, who was born in Peaster, Texas.

Comment

• And Kull, though born elsewhere, liveth now in the state of Texas - albeit not in Peaster. And (worry not, Minos) he abideth upon a street called Crete!

Speaking of Minos - Pharoah notes the appearance of thy troops at the border of Egypt's heartlands and serves notice that military units may pass no further to the West. Sinai, Canaan and the vast eastern deserts are free for thy exploration however. One last note, thy troops block the Great Eastern Road. While travel along this thoroughfare is not prohibited, blocking the passage of Pharoah's units is frowned upon - please exit at your earliest convenience.
                Attached Files
                To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• He spelled it that way in an email to me. I thought it was a neat anagram.
                  (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                  (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                  (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• The groggy new Persian steward "Perseat" decrees that henceforth, Persian cities are entitled to build only one wall each. The town of Kyroushata (consisting entirely of two lively octogenarians) has been patrioticly trying conceive a full tribe of farmers. The couple has been persuaded to delay this effort a few decades in its own best interest.

Perseat asks the Greeks to respect King Achaemenes' no-scouting policy, and to contact the Persians if they desire diplomatic relations.

Otherwise, Persia enjoyed a quiet period, much like the Assyrians. Not even a city was razed (what was that all about, Germanos?).
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Peaster

Otherwise, Persia enjoyed a quiet period, much like the Assyrians. Not even a city was razed (what was that all about, Germanos?).
                      I had the option of having the citizens of Ammon to pack their bags and leave (disbanding the city), or have the Egyptians packing the bags for them.
                      I choose the first
                      "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
                      "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• edit: nm
                        Last edited by germanos; November 20, 2004, 10:06.
                        "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• Clock is ticking on kengel and the Greeks?
                          "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• yessir!

Comment

• oops... you guys just got me on my long weekend.
                              Sorry to say, that I will not be able to play until monday evening; if SParrowhawk reads this, he is of course allowed to Ctrl-N since I don't like to slow down this game which is now running again

Comment

• Personally, I think that any such delays are very permissable .

Especially if you would say you WILL play monday evening

Comment

Working...
                                X