No announcement yet.

New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• /me is completely confused as to what posts relate to the Ancient Empires Game, and what posts relate to the modern empires game (football...or as we call it in North America..."Soccer"). I am trying to keep up however, but if anyone lags in the game, please let me know and I will fill in with the control n thing, until then, I will go back to my "Football" rule book so I can decode some of your posts. (I had no idea that either the Assyrians or the Persians played Football , but judging by your posts, maybe they didn't know that either ...sounds like the Babylonians and the Minoans are adept at the sport however )
    "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Persia wishes to congratulate Babylonia and Assyria for being fantastic teams who well deserved to go on.

BTW, did you see the match today (England-Portugal)? Incredible!
      Follow the masses!
      30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stefan Härtel
        Persia wishes to congratulate Babylonia and Assyria for being fantastic teams who well deserved to go on.

BTW, did you see the match today (England-Portugal)? Incredible!
        Yeah! Great match!

If you like, visit the OT Forum for discussions on the UEFA 2004 tournament.

On topic : I'll cross my fingers for the Babylonians to put up a good game aginst the winner of the Minoan - Greek match
        "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
        "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• Straybow, didn't you forget to attach the game?
          Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• No, the spirit was willing but the flesh was weak. I was at the time suffering a nasty headache and found I couldn't concentrate, or even continue on 'Poly. When I went to work last night I was still fighting it, but I feel refreshed after stretching, drugs, etc.

I wanted to first go back and review my previous play of the turn, so that I could copy it as precisely as possible. I think that's in the rules for replays.
            Attached Files
            (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
            (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
            (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Originally posted by Straybow
              I wanted to first go back and review my previous play of the turn, so that I could copy it as precisely as possible. I think that's in the rules for replays.

Get well soon

travelers report
              Romours have it that the match between Greece and the Minoans resulted in a surprising win for the Greek

Perhaps a match can be staged between the Greek and the Babylonians? A decision on the feasability of such an event is expected in a day or two.
              [/travelers report]
              "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• Minos has decided that the Minoan players will be sent to copper mines where their high level ( ) of body building will certainly prove useful.
                Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

• Originally posted by La Fayette
                  Minos has decided that the Minoan players will be sent to copper mines where their high level ( ) of body building will certainly prove useful.
                  A most wise decision indeed, oh illustruous one

Comment

• bab 2940

My soldiers continue to trace cannibals. One group fell in an embuscade of eight cannibalistic armies mounted on rhinoceros. Our brave soldiers killed three enemy armies with minimal own losses, unfortunately they must rest now and are afraid of possible counter-attacks...
                    Attached Files
                    Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• No counter attack to be feared from the Vikings
                      I told you the other day that Baro^s was a name to be remembered

Comment

• Danged polyglots now I gotta look up "embuscade"

[pythonizer]
                        Also, where did these barbarians get rhinos? Are they African rhinos, or Indian?
                        [/pythonizer]
                        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Danged polyglots now I gotta look up "embuscade"

[
                          "embuscade" = French word for "ambush"

Comment

• Hanging Gardens build

This decade makes a mark in the Assyrian historical records. In Suri, a marvelous palace has been build for the spouse of the King. The beauty of this structure, with it's lush terrasses thrills the Assyrian populace. The whole empire has made a contribution: their taxes were invested in the preciuous materials needed. The Hanging Gardens of Suri have been build with the finest Timber from Nineveh, with the fundaments strong thanks to the Hides that came from Nimrud. The workmen were dressed in the sturdiest cloth from Dibshiya and were fed and housed by the loyal citizens of Suri. Nineveh and Nimrud also sended food for the hungry craftsmen.
                            Celebrations are being held throughout the empire, and donations to the royal treasury pour in as a result.
                            In Sippur, an Artisan Quarter has been established, and production sees a significant boost.

Assyrian traders set course from the island of Iatana to distant lands. Settlers have landed on the island, and will found a trading centre in short time.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Hatta records clearly show the royal architect in Iconium had the idea long before the flatlanders, but the Hatta could not amass the great number of slaves Asshur devoted to construction. We shall direct our efforts elsewhere.

So I run Civ2Dip on the .net file I get from La Fayette and I can fix the AI-dumped HG production loss?

Invoking Pythonizer:
                              Attached Files

Comment

So I run Civ2Dip on the .net file I get from La Fayette and I can fix the AI-dumped HG production loss?

Personally, I have no experience with the CivDip Utility in this regard, but yes: that is basically the idea. The program will ask for last turn data (i.e. the turn you just posted) so you'll need both that save and the coming Minoan save in the same folder.

If it fails (although I'm quite sure this feature was tested) you could use Xin Yu's LazyCiv v3.0 to get the desired result (=Iconium continues to build the Hanging Gardens and all accumulated shields will remain in the production box)

Comment

Working...
                                X