No announcement yet.

New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assyria is proud to have met the famed and noble Greeks. Perhaps extended talks could be held, and a firm diplomatic status can be negotiated.

An envoy bearing a Private Message to the greek King will be send to the Greek lands.

To Zedd: sometimes I check saves 'in between my turns', to see progress (or lack thereof) at certain locations. It helps me to keep the pace in the game, as I can allready decide what to do before my actual turn comes up.
    If I would load such a game in MP-mode, the AI will take control of the civ's that haven't moved yet, and that might reveal to me the location of other civ's units, or other things that would not have been revealed if I would patiently await my turn.
    "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
    "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• Originally posted by Zedd
      I don't understand the part about opening a .net in SP mode. What would be an advantage of that?
      Normally (in MP mode) you may open only the save of your direct predecessor. Otherwise the AI will move all the civs between the saved one and your civ: the problem is that the AI may reveal some units for you etc.

In SP you see the game freezed in status where it was saved.
      Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• If i open the save from germanos in either SP or MP and take control of my civ, wouldn't that cause the ai to take over the other civs either way?

I have opened MP files that My wife and I have played and I am sure that the AI allways takes over her civ, at which point it could attack, move, discover, or build a wonder and I would get an alert.

EDIT: (Understanding slowly perculates through the mind of Zedd) I suppose the reason you CAN do this is becouse you can't move BETWEEN turns.

I got it now.
        Wizards sixth rule:
        "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
        Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

• "God shave our gracious king".
          Minos has decided to get rid his long white beard.
          He knows perfectly well that the Minoans were the last nation living under the rule of a despot and he has decided that shaving his beard would be recognized as a definite sign of modernity.
          Thousands of proud citizens hailing the new king really was a show to be reminded.
          Attached Files
          Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

• My turn!

Play tonight
            Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

• Oh NO!

Civ dip didn't work
              i was able to load the software, open teh .net file, change the password, and then when I put in my password It asked me to open a file, I assume this is the .dat file for the barter so I clicked the file and I got this....
              Attached Files
              Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

• Yaro is on holiday right now IIRC so is there another Knowledgeable person who can help?

Germanos,
                Also could you try emailing me the .dat rather than posting it here, the renaming process could have been the issue.

Also i noticed that my java program is 1.4.2 and Yaro called for 1.4.1 could this be it?
                Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

• zedd:

I actually DID zip the file, rather then rename it.

Did you unzip, or just remaned *.zip to *.dat?

Please try to unzip while I try to find your e-mail adress

[edit] .bat send to robbiemorell@yourownmail.forgot [/edit]
                  Last edited by germanos; March 19, 2004, 14:05.
                  "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• Sorry, I did unzip it I was thinking about the "renaming .net to .sav" discussion we were having in another forum.

Also that email address does not exist any more, It was a friends that has since closed it. Mine is deleted

I will update my profile accordingly
                    Last edited by Zedd; March 23, 2004, 10:17.
                    Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

• Barter file zend to the adress above.

P.S.: I found your adress at the website that Apolyton links you too.

Comment

• Yep, It must have been that way since I signed up at apolyton.
                        I may be unable to post this weekend as I am moving, But if there are any other issues I will borrow someone elses PC.
                        Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

• Zedd, you aren't using the same version that germanos. Germanos appears to be using 3.0 version and you're using 2.1 version. Please download it from the link on my signature (the 3.0 was uplodaed only a few days ago)
                          Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

• Re: House rules - version 3

Originally posted by SlowThinker
                            Barters cannot be broken or crooked (unlike arrangements). For example if you agree on exchanging map screenshots then you cannot refuse to send your map after you get the opponent's one. Also the screenshot must be true (but you can blacken some areas - if you announce it.
                            I don't see why map-exchanging (in the form of screen-shots) is exempt from manipulation, while I can lie, misinform or manipulate my opponents in many other ways.

I would argue that only deals (barters) made and resolved via CivDip will get you exactly what is negotiated, as neither the game nor the tool does allow for any manipulation. What the barter-file says it gives (and/or demands) is what you get.

The same is true (to a certain extend) to some actions done via online trading in a MP session.

On a side-note however, any backstabbing (in whatever form) may result in souring diplomatic relations. [/stating the obvious]

Comment

• Zedd, i won't be at Internet all next week and very likely I will leave the Internet on Sunday evening. Could you play on Sunday before 17 pm GMT please? Or are there still any problems with CivDip?

Originally posted by germanos
                              I don't see why map-exchanging (in the form of screen-shots) is exempt from manipulation, while I can lie, misinform or manipulate my opponents in many other ways.
                              I had this idea: Sending a screen-shot as a part of an official map-exchanging must be correct, but you may post also 'unofficial' screen-shots.
                              If you remove screen-shot map-exchanging from official barters then you have a narrower possibilities of safe map-exchanging...
                              On other side I agree that screen-shots are out of both possibilities of classic Civ2 and possibilities of CivDip tool...
                              In can agree with any solution here.
                              Last edited by SlowThinker; March 20, 2004, 18:05.
                              Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• Guys, I'd really advise you to erase the email-adresses from your posts as soon as you don't need them anymore, as that will save you a lot of spam.
                                Follow the masses!
                                30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

Working...
                                X