New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tanelorn
    I don't get the first point, I thought everyone played on a black map????
    I haven't played anything in SP, so I have no idea of the map at all, exept for what I explore in this game.
    "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
    "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• I don't want to hold up the thread, so, Harharu, are you in for direct negotiations? I'll send you my proposal for a boderline and pledge to withdraw frontline units from beyond that line, as soon as you reply.
      This is a good way to restore some measure of communication between us.
      "Whoever thinks freely, thinks well"
      -Rigas Velestinlis (Ferraios)
      "...êáé ô' üíïìá ôçò, ôï ãëõêý, ôï ëÝãáíå Áñåôïýóá..."
      "I have a cunning plan..." (Baldric)

Comment

• To the Hatte King:

An emissary from Assyria has been send with a PM to Hattusas.

The PM contains exerpts from the document that was send to Memphis earlier.

We have not received anything from the Hatte yet.
        "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• I'll be back this evening.

Comment

• A royal Hittite message was sent to Nineveh, via the new pigeon service (e-mail). Did you get it?

Come to think of it, is there a chance that the barbarians haven't shown up yet because someone uses different scenario files, either SOG or AE PBM instead of AE barbarian wrath, by mistake?

Where are the bloody barbarians?

"...Now what's going to happen to us without barbarians?
            Those people were a kind of solution."

Costantine Kavafy, "Waiting for the barbarians"

Comment

• I use SoG scenario
              Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

• File received

Thanks for the warning, the files get stuck at my provider So have all mails you have send me with an attachment Tanelorn

It looks like an agreement will be possible.

On the Wrath issue:

Kull tested it, so I think there is no issue regarding the files. However, I think it is only YOU who should be sure to use the right set, as the event is triggered at the hittite turn, I think.
                But probably it is embedded into the savegame we play, so you can't get away from it, even if you wished . But Kull should know all the ins and outs.

Comment

• Negotiations continue

This is for the Hatte only:

[edit]revised map[/edit]
                  [edit2]removed attachment after one download[/edit2]
                  Last edited by germanos; September 15, 2003, 18:09.

Comment

• I think what Paul meant is that messages are visible in my turn, because my turn is just after the AI (barbarian) turn and I'm first in line. However, I am almost certain that events are loaded with each save, and are in effect, just like rules or graphics. As for the Barb spawning, it is supposed to happen just before my turn (I am player 1, L.F. is player 7 and spawning happens during player 8's term, who is the AI)
                    So, its an issue of sequence.
                    However, Barbs did not appear back in Diegoami's time.

Moreover, barb spawning is not controled by the events txt, but is impeded in the .sav . I bet that by using CivTweak I can check if the flag is on!
                    I'll be back in a sec, with the answer.

Comment

• As you might know, CivTweak doesn't read .net files, only.scn and .sav
                      I checked my .scn file first and it says "raging hordes" which is ok.

Then, I made some of the .net files I had into .sav (forgive me, I deleted them afterwards) so as to be readable by CivTweak:

The program reads the first two sets of fields and then crashes. I don't know if this is normal, I havent tried CivTweak on a.net before

The settings it reads all correspond to the settings expected (bloodlust etc.) however, at the field in question it reads "King" and "Vilages only" instead of raging hordes. I have so for checked Hittite, Minoan, Assyrian and Greek turns. They all come out the same, barbarians will never appear!
                      I'll go check the original file, I suspect it has stemmed from that one (the only logical explanation I can think of)

Comment

• In my hexeditor I see 03 04 for difficulty and barb settings in all .net and .sav files. 03 stands for King, 04 Raging hordes.

Paul has spoken about little barbs in our game, but with my weak english I had problems to understand.

I guess it is King that spoils Raging hordes...
                        Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• Civ Tweak shows Prince and Raging hordes in the original file by Diegoami (the program doesn't crash), and it shows King and vilages after the mp session (file Hitb3950.net). The program crashes with this file. It shouldn't. Although it's perfectly understandable that we might get fewer barbs with these settings (King and Raging Hordes) I guess the second file is corrupt and we won't see any.
                          Why does only the second file crash CivTweak? There must be something wrong with it.

Forgive me, Germanos. I just had to do this first.
                          Besides, I had a very important phonecall in the meantime.
                          Check your PMs, I am sending a pigeon to Nineveh.

Comment

• Checked again, my .scn says Diety ( ) Barbarian Wrath, not Raging hordes.
                            Paul, any ideas?

Comment

• Militairy communique

Assyria declares a cease-fire.
                              The militairy campaign against the Hatte will be halted for at least one turn.

This will allow for negotiations to continue, while possibly the world can continue turning.
                              Sources in Nineveh say good progress has been made in the last week, but that the last couple of days the process of establishing the various borders has been stalling over the issue whether or not there will be a neutral zone between the two nations.

Comment

• Sadly, something has come up and I have to quit the PBEMS I am in. I cannot commit myself to attending any at this point, and for the next two months at least, starting tomorrow. I'll be at the scenario league forum from time to time, as well as checking this thread, so it's not like I quit Apoly or anything. I wish my successor the best of luck. Its been really nice playing with you, maybe we can try again some other time.

Comment

Working...
                                X