No announcement yet.

New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My last turn as the Hittites: Promisses held to my allies, check your science count. The AI closed the diplomacy window before the last piece could be transferred, Minos, sorry. I hope my successor will complete the transaction.

Gift sent to Memphis for their mediation, please also brief the next King of the Hatte on the status of the negotiations (return of the farmers/money and borders on Seyhan).

I assume the ceasfire holds till the next king assumes power,

Password removed,

Farewell, my beloved kingdom uppon the mountains!
    Attached Files
    "Whoever thinks freely, thinks well"
    -Rigas Velestinlis (Ferraios)
    "...êáé ô' üíïìá ôçò, ôï ãëõêý, ôï ëÝãáíå Áñåôïýóá..."
    "I have a cunning plan..." (Baldric)

Comment

• Bye bye neighbours

Steve last week
      ... tanelorn today
      I seem to be losing all my neighbours
      I swear I haven't conquered them (...yet )
      Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

• players are dropping like flies.

I think I'll have to watch my back...

Goodluck tanelorn, I hope to play you again sometime...

And yes, the cease-fire will hold.
        "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
        "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• Bye, tanelorn
          Follow the masses!
          30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

• There is a bug in Yaroslav's PBEM Diplomacy tool: see http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...95#post2346420
            Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• Pass greetings to the King in north-west I never met.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

• My apologies guys. I've been on travel the past week and unfortunately had no net access. Still traveling, but the new hotel solves the problem. Anyway, it's good to see that Assyria and the Hittites had begun direct diplomacy! Sadly we seem to have lost two MORE players! I'll post something in the "players's needed thread - but if anyone knows of folks who might be interested, please send them our way.

P.S. Email will still not reach me, so please use the Apolyton PM system for the next week.

Re: The Barb questions. When I ran the test a while back, I checked the net file with a hex editor and verified the "King, Barb Wrath" settings. Theoretically we should be spawning hordes.
                  To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• Cease fire holds on all fronts. Emissary dispatched to Memphis now that the Hatte King has abdicated.
                    Arrangements have been made to allow for the transfer of goods in the event the new Hatte ruler will continue on the path to peace.

Hostile tribe of Horsemen encountered in the southern desert. A fierce battle was fought, where the Assyrians emerged victorious dispite considerable losses.

Some technology given to our Babylonian neighbours in an effort to boost trade and prosperity between our Empires.
                    Attached Files
                    "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
                    "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• Hi folks,
                      ... I did not post in Apolyton for several years now...
                      Too busy in real live, but I still did not lost connection to civ2 PBEM
                      Wow! There even exists a PBEM forum now. Thats great!
                      La Fayette was so friendly to invite me to your game. It would be a honour and pleasure for me to join your game, and I even can provide a reliable second player to jump in.
                      However, I am not sure if the scenario concept works for my civ version (I have the old european "not gold" version), but we could give it a try.
                      Sorry, i did not dig through the 26 pages, could someone give me some comprehension of how to get in?
                      What is "Apolyton PM" standing for?
                      (Sorry, I feel like I just awake from some years lasting deep sleep mode, LOL)

Comment

• [quote](I have the old european "not gold"
                        version)[/q]

You mean the standart Civ2 Multiplayer version that was for sale in Germany? I'm using that one too. Welcome aboard!

The scenario is currently still in its opening stages. Most players will have made contact with each other by now (I have got contact with the Assyrians, Babylonians and Hittite). There was a war between the Assyrians and Hittites during the last few turns, but that has been settled now, hopefully.
                        Follow the masses!
                        30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

• Bug in Civ2Beakers v 0.3

I am very sorry, the program I announced here as a hut-finding utility has a serious bug. It gives you also information which huts in dark weren't tipped yet.
                          Many apologies.

Pls throw it. You can download a new version here: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...39#post2351439

Comment

• Hi Kengel,
                            PM is a Private message. Look at icons in the upper area of each post.

We have two free slots: Hittites (last player was tanelorn) and Greeks (Steve Clark).
                            Tanelorn left definitely.
                            Steve probably too, but his last post (posted 12 days ago) contains a formulation that one of his motives to leave was his 10-day holiday. So maybe we should wait couple of days if he won't change his mind and return.

Two pages back is a long post with a proposition of house rules. It is not approved yet, and so you can post your opinions as well.

Comment

• No, the vacation effected only the timing but it was not the reason. Please have someone who has infinite patience to play the Greeks.

Comment

• I am still here as a spectator too. My working hours are in a mess though, and I can no longer commit myself to PBEM's.
                                Take the Hittites, if you like a chalenge
                                "Whoever thinks freely, thinks well"
                                -Rigas Velestinlis (Ferraios)
                                "...êáé ô' üíïìá ôçò, ôï ãëõêý, ôï ëÝãáíå Áñåôïýóá..."
                                "I have a cunning plan..." (Baldric)

Comment

Working...
                                X