• Show
Clear All

• Since almost 9 days have passed since Marcel
    said he downloaded the game, and hasn't given
    any news about it, I propose Marcel lose his
    turn.

Sharpe, you're next. And please, don't take
    more than 72 hours!
    "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
    Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
    Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
    Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

• Oh Sha-arp!
      "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
      Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
      Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
      Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

• I downloaded it late last night, I will try to play it tonight or by tomorrow at the latest.

Comment

• Can I play?

Whats the order again?

Comment

• Sharpe rises to power again.

First notices that we are nearly bankrupt ! (around 90 Bps) and that we desperately need more money and to build happiness buildings; although we have nearly discovered the tech to get to the third planet.

PE 1824 - Built Great Games wonder (changed from Milquetoast)
            Largest civilizations: Us, Engineers, Vallan, PonnJahr, Iihibati and Cherisy
            PE 1826 - Vallan develop VTOL (Shuttle), ceasefire with Iihibati expires but both sides remain neutral until the end of the session
            PE 1828 - Engineers discover Woodworking (LOL that is pathetic)
            We discover Forward Vectoring and reach 13 million citizens.
            PE 1830 - An environeer was destroyed near Mercuria. Iihibati and Engineers sign peace treaty (more on this development later).
            PE 1832 - Build Hohmann unit allowing us to reach Naumachia (and for the aliens to reach it too). As a result we also get the D116 tech for free. Also attacked and destroyed a Jahree Plasman east of Pluto Station. Later found a SSTO pad to Funestis (in Jahree territory) and covered it with a bolter to prevent them from using it (but leaving it open for us to use if necessary)
            PE 1834 - Angered wreckage west of Mars city in orbit and 8 raptors appeared. They destroyed 2 environeers, but our Hammer unit has destroyed most of them by the end of the Sharpe's rule.
            PE 1836 - Vallan have nearly completed Taniq Planetarium (now obsolete) and then suddenly abandon it and they develop Frictionless surfaces. Environmental revolt near Jupiterville , corsairs appear. We discover Chaos Biogenics and found our first city on Naumachia - Io City.
            PE 1838 - Build Oceanus Field wonder; Jahree and Vallans demand 50 Bp for tribute, Sharpe refuses and they renew war.
            PE 1840 - Iihibati and Engineers sign Iihi Pact to contain our aggression. Engineers develop Plasma Engines (Hammer). Our cease fire with the Engineers expires, and they prompt sneak attack us with no damage. Sharpe destroys over a dozen units clearing a path to invade into the heart of Engineer territory.
            Population reaches 14 million citizens.

Also destroyed about ten units along the border with the Jahree (PE 1836-1840).

Sharpe retires at end of PE 1840.

Situation report:
            I may have played one too many turns, sorry.

I have built a lot of happiness buildings and have rebuilt some of the treasury. With the Jahree incursion onto our orbital platform we need to finish colonizing that platform as well as develop 5-6 cities on Naumachia and search for the alien cities there (due to the Sci fi bug that allows the aliens to reach Naumachia despite not having the tech to do so yet.)

We are at war with the Engineers, Vallans and Jahree; no treaty with the Iihibati and at a ceasefire with the Cherisy - in other words, the AIs are starting to gang up on us already. Of course, we should destroy the Engineers now that they have foolishly attacked us. The Vallans might become a threat eventually, especially on Naumachia.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Just to learn...

Great turn Sharpe. I really depleated our treasury (let's call it an expansionary economic policy ).

One question though:
              Originally posted by Sharpe
              PE 1824 - Built Great Games wonder (changed from Milquetoast)
              Largest civilizations: Us, Engineers, Vallan, PonnJahr, Iihibati and Cherisy
              Why did you gave up on Milquetoast for Great Games?
              I don't recall what Great Games does but I though Milquetoast would gives a interesting military boost. What was your angle on that?

Please, do not see this as some kind of criticism from "the former ruler that saw his plans being blundered by the new leader". See it more as a oportunity to learn from other's views and experiences.

Comment

• Hey... looks like it's my turn... again!

This was quick! Only another player in between.

Maybe Prof could have his go now, to give some lag between my plays (so that I don't ruin it all at once and I can play my turn on the weekend ).

What do you think, Zealot?

Comment

• I was only joking about the depleted funds, Ecowiz - from what I read about your turn you did a lot of good. I was actually more concerned that our luxury rate was too high - and that was necessary due to the lack of happiness buildings.

So I decided to build them, as I know that most people find building those things boring and prefer crushing their opponents cities. I have so far taken on the role in the game to try to build up the number of cities, roads/railroads and infrastructure.

I don't think anyone can "ruin" things too much, especially in 10 turns. We are completely dominant in the game - the AI ganging up on us clearly shows that. In my opinion, the only bad way of playing civ is by losing too many cities, falling behind in tech too much or by seeing the famous "extinction" scene or letting another civ win hehe.

We have nearly reached the tech where Milquetoast would expire - Emergent Systems - in fact we will likely have it by 1844, while Great Games/ Hanging Gardens doesn't expire until Disintegration a long way off and I thought that it would help with the happiness problem. I tend to emphasize on those wonders which don't expire or last a long time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharpe
                    We have nearly reached the tech where Milquetoast would expire - Emergent Systems - in fact we will likely have it by 1844,

I didn't realized that!

Originally posted by Sharpe
                    while Great Games/ Hanging Gardens doesn't expire until Disintegration a long way off and I thought that it would help with the happiness problem. I tend to emphasize on those wonders which don't expire or last a long time.
                    Good point!

Thanks!

Comment

• Well, considering Eco's request, the order is now this:

Zealot
                      Hydey (retired)
                      Marcel I (in martial court)
                      Mercator (retired)
                      Sharpe
                      Proffessor_ Ben (next up)
                      Ecowiz Returns

Is this ok with everybody?

Comment

• OK by me

Too bad I won't get to play my turn on the weekend, though.

Comment

• Sounds good

That sounds fine to me.
                          Some people mentioned earlier in the thread about adding a zip extension, How is that done?
                          Just so's I know Like.

Comment

• Did you need to do it?
                            Zealot advised me to do it but then I had no need.

I guess all you need is to rename the file and add ".zip" to its previous name.

Comment

• Proffessor, just let us know when you download the file.
                              And you have 72 hours to play it and post the ziped save.

Oh, and have fun!

Comment

• Sorry for the delay, I've been checking since friday for the save game and only just realised its further up the page. LMAO.
                                Plus I was at gatecrasher on saturday.
                                It was wicked!

Comment

Working...
                                X