Has Anyone Played Civ II MP Lately?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Anyone Played Civ II MP Lately?

Boann, Ben, ColdWizard and I tried to play tonight and no one could connect to anyone. We're all patched, seemingly, but nothing.

Any ideas?
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Seems when Civfanatics ran into this back in 2005 - they had success connecting through Hamachi.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Everyone downloads and installs? I really hate experimenting with programs. I don't have a system disk right now, either. I wouldn't mind just formatting if I did.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Everyone downloads and installs? I really hate experimenting with programs. I don't have a system disk right now, either. I wouldn't mind just formatting if I did.
        It's about 15 minutes of your time. I did it in about that - just follow the instructions I posted in the other thread.

Yeah, I did too, but I remember running into this problem before and only just remembered that we used Hamachi back then.
        Last edited by Ben Kenobi; June 24, 2012, 22:01.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Nope, but I remember you from some years back. I am playing Civ V lately.
          Are any of the old players around?
          Kengel
          Princess
          Deity
          Carnide
          or?
          The journey itself is the thing~Odysseus

Comment

Originally posted by Crustacian View Post
            Nope, but I remember you from some years back. I am playing Civ V lately.
            Are any of the old players around?
            Kengel
            Princess
            Deity
            Carnide
            or?
            Hi Crusty!

Played civ 4 mp extensively from 2005 till 2011. Tried civ 5 sp and not so sure about it... I added you as a friend on steam btw

I miss civ 2. I can get it to run on win xp for sp bu have not played mp since 2006 I think.
            "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
            *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Hey Deity!
              I played civ IV a bunch but not mp. Civ II was good, we had some good games.

I like V except in mp my Nephew's Mongolian keshecks move after firing and even if I am hosting there a lag-like "quality" that leaves me for the most part occupying a just barely vacated hex, or going "click click click..." for not. (In German it would be "KLICK" I guess).

I will be away for a week or so but maybe we can get a game going then?

Comment

Originally posted by Crustacian View Post
                Hey Deity!
                I played civ IV a bunch but not mp. Civ II was good, we had some good games.

I like V except in mp my Nephew's Mongolian keshecks move after firing and even if I am hosting there a lag-like "quality" that leaves me for the most part occupying a just barely vacated hex, or going "click click click..." for not. (In German it would be "KLICK" I guess).

I will be away for a week or so but maybe we can get a game going then?
                May well be able to do that. At least over the summer break (winter for you

Civ2 or 5?!!
                "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
                *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

well.... i'm out of practice, but i'd be up for a game
                  "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

Again, always up for some Civ2, but we'd have to use Hamachi since Civ2 doesn't play well with this new fangled invention called, "the internet".

Comment

Hey I remember Kaak, Howdy!

Civ V has been keeping me busy, and recently tried the GMR app and it is great! It is like PBEM only in Hotseat mode.

The GMR app keeps track and notifies you when its your turn, then you have a day or so to play it and submit it. Actuall turn based. 1066 Year of Viking Destiny was a great scenario on it.

Comment

Hello everybody!

With some friends we are still searching more players... if you are interested you can join this group on Comodo Unite: civ2multi3 pass: civ2

We can play random games or scenarios.

Comment

Wow it's been forever since I've played Civ II multiplayer. Brings back memories (sometimes frustrating). I still have the most nostalgia for Civ II over all other versions.

Comment

Hello!

If you want to join our group you are welcome!

Comment

I tried to host a couple of months ago and failed.

Comment

Working...
                              X