No announcement yet.

First Strike PBEM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok, just to test this proxy war system and have some fun in this game, i´m going to start a proxy war in argentina

buenos aires is a size 20 city, so that means 2000 shields of military hardware.
    if i correctly understand the rules, i have to wait 3 more turns till i´m able to send my units from my home ports, correct?

should we use the shields that appear in the unit types menu to make the calculations?

AiC:
    I´m actually controlling the Bosphorus. Feel free to move all the transports and carriers you want.
    I don´t like that house rule.
    If the russian player wants to send units from sevastopol or odessa, to fight proxy wars in africa or latinamerica, he MUST be free to do it. that´s the shortest way for the soviet union. what´s the problem with that? ww3 is practically banned here... so, what else will russia do with that units?

oh eivind... why the hell do you alwyas have to put extremely expensive prices on everything??? i still can´t see the fun in that.
    we definitely have different philosophies about the dynamic of pbems
    Attached Files
    South Atlantic Conflict v1.2 - Civ II Scenario
    Iron Curtain v1.1 - Civ II Scenario

Comment

Academia:

The rule does not forbid transports of any kind passing through the Bosphorus.

Comment

I don't know how you play, but with some smart incremental rush building, and selling of city improvements, there's nothing that holds you back. If you make smart trades as well, then my scenarios function very well (in my opinion ). I don't want it to be too easy!

And yes, Denis is right. Troops transports may cross, but not war ships. If he want to send heavy war ships through that strait, he must conquer Istanbul from you

Also, don't forget that airplanes count +200 (if you intend to bring planes or helicopters) and not +100 as all other land units. And yes you must wait 3 turn before you send them from your ports, as must any potential opponents.

But Buenos Aires is out of the question for Proxy Wars, as is all other Non-Aligned cities. Please read the rules again and pick another city if you still intend to start a war.
        Find my civ2 scenarios here

Ave Europa, nostra vera Patria!

Comment

Originally posted by Eivind IV
          I don't know how you play, but with some smart incremental rush building, and selling of city improvements, there's nothing that holds you back. If you make smart trades as well, then my scenarios function very well (in my opinion ). I don't want it to be too easy!

And yes, Denis is right. Troops transports may cross, but not war ships. If he want to send heavy war ships through that strait, he must conquer Istanbul from you

Also, don't forget that airplanes count +200 (if you intend to bring planes or helicopters) and not +100 as all other land units. And yes you must wait 3 turn before you send them from your ports, as must any potential opponents.

But Buenos Aires is out of the question for Proxy Wars, as is all other Non-Aligned cities. Please read the rules again and pick another city if you still intend to start a war.
          well, we have different points of view. i still think they are too expensive. anyway... it doesn´t really matter.

ah... by "transports", you are also including carriers?

damn... i wanna fight for my country!!
          well... i´ll choose another city to enslave then.

Comment

Russia will start a proxywar in September 1975 to liberate the Iran

Teheran (23) and Shiraz (7) so Russia can send 3000 right?
            Attached Files

Comment

The USA do not accept a proxy war in Iran at this point.

Comment

It would be unrealistic anyway, since it alters the flow of real-world events on which in-game events are based.

Revolutionaries are created in Iran around 1979, that's when I would accept a proxy war since that makes some sense.

Comment

Agreeing with Denis.

Word of advice: Chose 3rd world countries. They are much less controversial.

Comment

so i should replay the historic path? thats boring....

ok then russia will start proxywar in september against pakistan

Comment

• Africa, central America and east Asia are the only "free zones".

Comment

• all pro-countries

What countries you may attack
                        In general all "Pro-" countries are subject to proxy wars (exept Cuba and Chile)
                        me´s not the historic russia, me´s aic ruled russia

i can start proxy just in central america, africa and east asia?
                        just cities which russia can´t reach

such gameplay is not funny

Comment

• Originally posted by AiC
                          all pro-countries

i have to agree with AiC here!! come on! stop putting so many rules and banning so many things!!
                          what´s the problem of fighting in afganistan????????
                          pleaseeeeeeeeeeee
                          let him fight there. if USA doesn´t like that, then send your troops and fight for afganistan.

pleaseeeeeeeeeeee!! priorize the "what if" aspect of scenario and not the "historical accuracy" this time
                          otherwise, like AiC said, this is going to be soooooooooo boring....

btw, i still don´t know why the hell can´t i start a proxy war in argentina... don´t you wanna change history a little bit here? this is a civ2 scenario, not real cold war.

Comment

• It's not a rule, he's just saying that there will be ww3 if you attack them. He is free to defy any NATO warning, but then he must be ready to face the consequences.

Comment

• Originally posted by AiC
                              all pro-countries

Then the rules in the first post contradict the ones you quoted.

Oh, and I would like to know how I can, right now, reach Iran or Pakistan. Seriously, at least drop the hypocrisy here for a second, complaining about a situation in which you want to bring me to begin with.

If it was for me, there should be a general build-up period so both nations, US and USSR, can actually participate in proxy wars in countries which are not directly at their border.

Originally posted by academia

i have to agree with AiC here!! come on! stop putting so many rules and banning so many things!!
                              what´s the problem of fighting in afganistan????????
                              pleaseeeeeeeeeeee
                              let him fight there. if USA doesn´t like that, then send your troops and fight for afganistan.

pleaseeeeeeeeeeee!! priorize the "what if" aspect of scenario and not the "historical accuracy" this time
                              otherwise, like AiC said, this is going to be soooooooooo boring....

btw, i still don´t know why the hell can´t i start a proxy war in argentina... don´t you wanna change history a little bit here? this is a civ2 scenario, not real cold war.
                              Academia, I am not against fighting. However, this early it has no point. The truth is, there would be no proxy war even if we had a proxy war, because it is physically impossible for me to reach Pakistan or Iran at this point in the game.

As I said, once both US and USSR have developed the logistical power to wage proxy wars abroad, anything goes as far as I am concerned, but right now this is, with all due respect, not more than a very cheap shot because AiC knows that the US can't possibly fight a proxy war in Iran or Pakistan at this stage.

I wouldn't disagree if I had any fair chances of fighting this war, but I don't.

Similarly I could just declare a proxy war in Vietnam or North Korea which Aic would most certainly lose because he can't reach the former or support the latter, but that, too, would be a very cheap shot which would only lead to frustration, not fun.

Generally I am not opposed to bending the course of history.

Originally posted by Eivind IV
                              It's not a rule, he's just saying that there will be ww3 if you attack them. He is free to defy any NATO warning, but then he must be ready to face the consequences.
                              Exactly.

Comment

• Fact is: Russia dont use Nukes first, we dont want to start a worldwar

If US dont like a russian invasion in iran and pakistan than
                                the only way we´ve is the diplomacy one

Russia can´t accept amercian friendly leadership in iran and pakistan.

The only chance for freedom: Give Iran and Pakistan to neutral leadership

In September russian forces will conquer iran if iran will
                                be under controll of the white house!

sorry for my horrible english^^

Comment

Working...
                                X