• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SlowThinker
    replied
    an e-mail from Philippe Baise:
    Hello

This is not Michel here but his son.

My father died yesterday afternoon from brain cancer.
    After several hours it will be 9 years ...

Leave a comment:

• SlowThinker
    replied
    Googling is not the best way in this case...
    I believe his 1st post starts by
    Originally posted by La Fayette
    This is my first post (sorry I discovered Apolyton only a few weeks ago and have been busy reading since then).
    I found it here: http://apolyton.net/forums/search.ph...pp=25&page=106

Some threads of that period were lost but apparently not "A is for Alphabet" and the 1st La Fayette's post.

Leave a comment:

• Mercator
    replied
    How about this?

Your post made me Google for him a bit, which led me to a post where he mentions his "Three Arrow Strategy" I'd never heard of. It took the Internet Archive to find a copy of the original thread where he describes it. It seems to be one of his earliest posts on Apolyton too...

Leave a comment:

• SlowThinker
    replied
    Is it 4 years already?
    La Fayette, can you talk with us some way?

Leave a comment:

• Carolus Rex
    replied
    I didn't know about the picture, thanks.

Carolus

Leave a comment:

• Straybow
    replied
    A toast in memoriam.

I want to add a thanks to Phillippe for putting the picture in his profile. I suppose that was back in March, or that's when I noticed it anyway.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Carolus Rex
    replied
    A thought goes to La Fayette and his family...

I remember how surprised I was when he addressed me in norwegian... My (swedish) mother did the reverse; she married a french man and moved to France...

Here's to La Fayette!

Carolus

Leave a comment:

• Bloody Monk
    replied
    I miss him too, ST. He was a very special man, an extraordinary Civer, and a wonderful friend. There is a big empty hole that Michel left that is made all the more poignant by the decrease in particpation and activity in Civ2-land. Someday we will all be reunited and I feel sure he will treat us newcomers to some new scenarios. Now that's something to cheer one up!!

Monk

Leave a comment:

• SlowThinker
    replied
    A moment ago I was thinking of La Fayette with a light smile, but I went through the thread and at this point of time my mood is turned down a bit
    But I don't want to impose you my emotions, you have ones of yours own...

Yes, after several hours it will be one year from La Fayette's end/start.

Leave a comment:

• Scouse Gits
    replied
    Originally posted by Xin Yu
    Something drew me back to this forum after a long period of absence and I am utterly shocked by this sad news.

Rest in Peace, my friend.

Lord grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference.
    Xin - I believe that you have said it all ...

My hope that Michel and Ivor are having one hell of a great PBEM in a better place than this...

Stu

Leave a comment:

• Kull
    replied
    Originally posted by SlowThinker Maybe another reason is I meet LF again and again when going through old threads.
    That is fun. The wit and the humanity never fail to shine through! God bless old friend, wherever you are.

Leave a comment:

• SlowThinker
    replied
    My fault. I didn't realize last post here and at Civfanatics are different.

Leave a comment:

• Straybow
    replied
    Pssst: We have one more day before the anniversary of the last LF post.

Leave a comment:

• SlowThinker
    replied
    I missed anniversary of La Fayette's last post. I didn't want to miss it and only Duke of Civfanatics reminded it...

I must admit I don't miss La Fayette himself, the reason is probably similar like why I don't miss I can't live on Saturn - I don't miss things that can't be ...
    Maybe another reason is I meet LF again and again when going through old threads.

Leave a comment:

• Albert B
    replied
    I echo the same thoughts as those before me. I was a regular reader for a long time and a somewhat regular poster for a short one. I recall reading many posts by La Fayette and recall the tremendous effort he put into understanding the game. I was shocked to see this post and taken a bit off guard. I wish the best to all his family and hope things are going as well as can be.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X