Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dinner
    replied
    I'm sorry to hear of this. Hopefully his passing was not painful for him and he had time to say all he needed/wanted to his loved ones. My prays go with the family he has left behind.

Leave a comment:

• Ming
    replied
    My prayers go out to his family...

He will be missed by this community!

Leave a comment:

• Kull
    replied
    That is absolutely horrible news. Please let his son know that Lafayette had a great many friends here. I for one appreciated his wit and dry sense of humor, and only wish I had known him "for real". If possible, please pass along my condolences and those of the MANY others who will be posting here.

Leave a comment:

• Bloody Monk
    replied
    My condolences to Philippe.

This makes me very sad. This dear friend, La Fayette, who we came to admire and love through our shared enjoyment of Civ2, was a rare gentleman who always encouraged and went out of his to be helpful. He had a deep understanding of the fine points of the game and was ever on the lookout for a new scenerio to challenge himself with and enjoy. He will be missed by many, many folk who never actually met him, but, nevertheless, counted him as a true friend.

This day has been dreaded since early last year when he privately shared the news of his cancer. As ever he was positive and spoke of beating the odds; and in the following months continued to Civ and contribute to these boards. When his name stopped showing up in October...well, let's just say I am glad his ordeal is over. This is a great loss for our community.

Peace be with you, Michel
    Monk

Leave a comment:

• SlowThinker
    started a topic La Fayette: Last post: 06-10-2005 09:44

La Fayette: Last post: 06-10-2005 09:44

We are awaiting soon La Fayette will become another member of Apolytoners' Hall Of Fame who is coming from the Civ2 community. Unfortunately he wasn't able to wait until the end of the voting:

an e-mail from Philippe Baise:
    Hello

This is not Michel here but his son.

My father died yesterday afternoon from brain cancer.

I know he enjoyed playing with you, and as I don't know how you all correspond on the Apolyton and CivFanatics sites, I thought you could relay the news there to those he knew and who care.

Thanks

Philippe Baise

If you forgot to consult any strategy or idea, any game or any turn with La Fayette this is the last place where you can do it.
Working...
X