Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jay Bee
    replied
    Same as Xin Yu, I have been absent for so long that I was not aware of this terrible news. Rest in peace, dear friend, and don't stop playing Civ2 wherever you are!

Leave a comment:

• Xin Yu
    replied
    Something drew me back to this forum after a long period of absence and I am utterly shocked by this sad news.

Rest in Peace, my friend.

Lord grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference.

Leave a comment:

• atawa
    replied
    I didnt see this thread before very sad to hear another great player has left us

My condolences to his family and friends.

Leave a comment:

• tonic
    replied
    A late note of condolence as I haven't been frequenting ACS and other civ sites for a while.

I was most impressed with LF's results in civfanatics' GOTM and his enthusiasm and grasp of Civ II.

He will be sorely missed.

Leave a comment:

• DrSpike
    replied
    Nice thought Philippe, and a very nice collection.

Leave a comment:

• La Fayette
    replied
    Hello folks!

Aside from Civ, my father had quite many other PC games. I’m keeping his main Civ software and a few others, but I thought that some of you may be interested in buying some games (for a symbolic price, of course). Some are in French, others in English, but most are strategy games. Here’s what:

In English:

Star General (1996 - SSI)

In both English and French:

Return Fire (1995 - Warner Interactive)

In French:

Anno 1602 (1998 - SunFlowers Interactive)
    Caesar III (1998 - Sierra)
    The Civil War (1995 - Empire Interactive)
    Command & Conquer (1995 - Westwood Studios)
    Command & Conquer - Opérations survie (1996 - Westwood Studios)
    Command & Conquer - Alerte rouge (1996 - Westwood Studios)
    Command & Conquer - Alerte rouge - Missions taïga (1997 - Westwood Studios)
    Genewars (1996 - BullFrog Productions)
    Hand of Fate (1994 - WestWood Studios)
    Master of Orion II (1996 - Micro Prose)
    The Settlers IV (2001 - UbiSoft)
    Seven Kingdoms (1997 - UbiSoft)
    StarCraft (1998 - Blizzard Entertainment)
    Star Wars - Jedi Knight (1997 - Lucas Arts)
    UFO - Enemy Unknown (1994 - Micro Prose)
    - X-Com - Terror From the Deep (1995 - Micro Prose)
    - X-Com - Apocalypse (1997 - Micro Prose)
    WarCraft II (1995 - Blizzard Entertainment)
    WarCraft III (2002 - Blizzard Entertainment)

and a combo box including Command & Conquer and Civilization II.

I only looked at the boxes and haven’t checked thoroughly, but some may also be installable and playable in English. If someone is interested in a specific game, I can check it for you.

So, if anyone’s interested, just fetch a low (but fair) price for any of those, and they’re yours.

Philippe Baise

Leave a comment:

• Montesquieu
    replied
    My condolences to this brilliant Civ2 player. I've played Civ2 since 1999, but I'm so sorry of not knowing about him and these forums previously. And I now really miss an opportunity to play with such a great player. I've never knew him, but I would like to express my condolences to Phillipe Baise and all his family for this lost; the Civ2 forums will be really empty without good players.

Adieu, La Fayette. Now I hope you are the leader of a new tribe, playing Civ2 and beating other players in The Civvers Heaven!

Leave a comment:

• Straybow
    replied
    Aye! Here's to LF's AC victory!

Leave a comment:

• Kull
    replied
    Originally posted by La Fayette
    From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more.

Philippe Baise
    Thank you Phillippe - you have penned the perfect epitaph for a great Civ 2 player!

Leave a comment:

• Carolus Rex
    replied
    Merci Philippe!

Carolus

Leave a comment:

• JCP
    replied
    I'm astonished : I was away from Poly for some months...
    La Fayette was a constant player and poster in this forum from his little town Albi : he always responded with courtesy.
    His strategies and his impossible situations scenarios games are present in my memory.
    ... his english was far better than mine ...
    Il fut un grand acteur de la saga Civilization et laisse cette communauté orpheline, particulièrement le petit groupe qui s'évertue de jouer en français !
    Adieu.

Leave a comment:

• Scouse Gits
    replied
    Thank you, Philippe

Stu

Leave a comment:

• Grandpa Troll
    replied
    I have heard nothing but respect for this man, which is something many could only hope for but not obtain

Thank you for the posting Philippe Baise

Grandpa Troll

Leave a comment:

• DrSpike
    replied
    Thanks for dropping by - many will appreciate it I am sure.

Leave a comment:

• La Fayette
    replied
    Hello!

In the name of my sister, brother and mine, thank you all for your kind messages! Merci à tous! Takk!

A few things regarding your previous posts about my late father:

I. Just in case, I kept his personal email account functional. So if you feel like writing there for any reason, there's someone here to read what you send.

II. His remains now rest in the cemetery of Saint-Sulpice (Tarn - France).

III. He indeed knew to speak Norwegian, as it was the original nationality of my mother, his first wife. Aside from French and English, he also knew some Spanish, German, and a bit of Romanian.

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. And your latest Hall of Fame results seem to just second that...

Philippe Baise

Leave a comment:

Working...
X