No announcement yet.

La Fayette: Last post: 06-10-2005 09:44

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice thought Philippe, and a very nice collection.

Comment

A late note of condolence as I haven't been frequenting ACS and other civ sites for a while.

I was most impressed with LF's results in civfanatics' GOTM and his enthusiasm and grasp of Civ II.

He will be sorely missed.

Comment

I didnt see this thread before very sad to hear another great player has left us

My condolences to his family and friends.

Comment

Something drew me back to this forum after a long period of absence and I am utterly shocked by this sad news.

Rest in Peace, my friend.

Lord grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Same as Xin Yu, I have been absent for so long that I was not aware of this terrible news. Rest in peace, dear friend, and don't stop playing Civ2 wherever you are!

Comment

I echo the same thoughts as those before me. I was a regular reader for a long time and a somewhat regular poster for a short one. I recall reading many posts by La Fayette and recall the tremendous effort he put into understanding the game. I was shocked to see this post and taken a bit off guard. I wish the best to all his family and hope things are going as well as can be.

Comment

I missed anniversary of La Fayette's last post. I didn't want to miss it and only Duke of Civfanatics reminded it...

I must admit I don't miss La Fayette himself, the reason is probably similar like why I don't miss I can't live on Saturn - I don't miss things that can't be ...
                Maybe another reason is I meet LF again and again when going through old threads.
                Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

Pssst: We have one more day before the anniversary of the last LF post.
                  (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                  (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                  (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

My fault. I didn't realize last post here and at Civfanatics are different.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowThinker Maybe another reason is I meet LF again and again when going through old threads.
                      That is fun. The wit and the humanity never fail to shine through! God bless old friend, wherever you are.
                      To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

Originally posted by Xin Yu
                        Something drew me back to this forum after a long period of absence and I am utterly shocked by this sad news.

Rest in Peace, my friend.

Lord grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference.
                        Xin - I believe that you have said it all ...

My hope that Michel and Ivor are having one hell of a great PBEM in a better place than this...

Stu
                        "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                        "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

A moment ago I was thinking of La Fayette with a light smile, but I went through the thread and at this point of time my mood is turned down a bit
                          But I don't want to impose you my emotions, you have ones of yours own...

Yes, after several hours it will be one year from La Fayette's end/start.

Comment

I miss him too, ST. He was a very special man, an extraordinary Civer, and a wonderful friend. There is a big empty hole that Michel left that is made all the more poignant by the decrease in particpation and activity in Civ2-land. Someday we will all be reunited and I feel sure he will treat us newcomers to some new scenarios. Now that's something to cheer one up!!

Monk
                            so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

A thought goes to La Fayette and his family...

I remember how surprised I was when he addressed me in norwegian... My (swedish) mother did the reverse; she married a french man and moved to France...

Here's to La Fayette!

Carolus

Comment

A toast in memoriam.

I want to add a thanks to Phillippe for putting the picture in his profile. I suppose that was back in March, or that's when I noticed it anyway.
                                Attached Files
                                (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                                (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                                (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Working...
                                X