No announcement yet.

La Fayette: Last post: 06-10-2005 09:44

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sad news indeed. My condolances go to his friends and family. May he rest in peace.
    Find my civ2 scenarios here

Ave Europa, nostra vera Patria!

Comment

My condolences.
      STDs are like pokemon... you gotta catch them ALL!!!

Comment

As my ally in a PBeM game he'd confided that he had cancer. I suspected his condition had worsened in recent months. Many prayers for his family in this time of grief.

@>—‘—,— R —,—’—<@
        @>—‘—,——,—’—<@
        @>—‘—,— P —,—’—<@

La Fayette
        Never one to waste his time in flame wars and endless OT trivia. Like his namesake, a gentleman and Anglo/Ameri-phile. A true joy in play.

The heart of this Civ2 community is struck again, a fell blow...
        (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
        (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Originally posted by Straybow
          Like his namesake, a gentleman and Anglo/Ameri-phile. A true joy in play.
          His English was, and remains, excellent, and the newer players seeking sound advice need look no further than his posts here.

Comment

Of course I informed Philippe that I established this thread so it is likely Philippe /la fayette's family will read it. And I will ask him about the grave but I think it is better to do it after 1-2 weeks when his frame of mind will be more stabilized.

In case you had a closer relation with la fayette and you would like to contact Philippe directly: he sent me his announcement from La Fayette's e-mail. Probably he uses this e-mail address to contact some of La Fayette's friends. So if you want to contact him directly and especially if you need an answer you can simply try to write an e-mail to La Fayette.
            Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

Though I didn't know him, my condolences to his family. Judging by everyone else's reaction, it appears I missed speaking to a very fine gentleman.
              -rmsharpe

Comment

My Condolences to all people close to him.

R.I.P La Fayette
                "Peace cannot be kept by force.
                It can only be achieved by understanding"

Comment

goodbye forever man, me being on the civ2 forums was a long time ago but still; goodbye
                  "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                  "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Condolences to La Fayete's family and friends.
                    "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                    I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                    Middle East!

Comment

I am so sad to learn of this. La Fayette was not only a superb Civ2 player and a gentlemanly and entertaining poster, he was kind enough to offer me his hospitality when I visited Paris. I'm sad that I couldn't get together with him then, and now will never be able to meet him. He has been at the heart of this forum for years, and I miss him already.

Comment

This is so sad! First Ivor, now Michel...

I played with La Fayette often, though not recently. He guided me through the subtleties of myriad strategies in the heyday of Civ2 Succession Games, pointing out the implications of our "custom" rules far faster and more accurately than most. While my presence on these boards has been limited of late, La Fayette has received my HOF votes several times. His contributions to the community long predate my arrival here, and will long survive his passing.

Always thoughtful and insightful, unfailingly polite, and true to his commitments, no one on this site more embodied the concept of "Civilization" than La Fayette.

Rest in peace, mon ami, and condolences to Philippe and the rest of his family and friends.
                        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

A couple of CivII Strategy threads that have been on my "Favorites" list forever, posted as a memorial to La Fayette:

Three Arrows:

Twin Cities:

Comment

La Fayette set so many magnificent records in various Civ 2 scenarios...

As Grigor's link doesn't work (at least not for me), let's see if this is better:

Trivial as it may be, but I will also remember him for speaking (and, at times, posting in) norwegian...

Carolus

Comment

This is horrible.

Rest in Peace to a true gentleman.
                              We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Just want to add my condolences.

La Fayette's memory will live on in Poly.
                                http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                                http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X