La Fayette: Last post: 06-10-2005 09:44

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amen.
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

I did not know La Fayette either, but on behalf of the Apolyton CS staff and administration our condolences to his family.

Farewell, Michael.

--------
      Dan; Apolyton CS
      PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
      >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

You know, we come here to play games, swap stories, maybe argue and banter, and in some ways it just doesn't seem real. Someone once dismissed another poster with the words "you're only text on my screen", and in some ways I half believed that. When you don't meet someone, shake their hands, look into their eyes.....they can somehow not seem real.

And then something like this happens and I find myself going back and looking at the old La Fayette posts and I'm laughing...laughing HARD...and then my eyes are tearing up because DAMN IT, he was REAL, and he was a GREAT GUY, and now he's GONE. And it hurts just as much as the loss of any "real" friend who I meet for beers or go hiking with.

God Bless you old buddy, you are missed more than you could know. Jesus...I'm cryin' like a baby...
          To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

Qu'il repose en paix.

Adieu La Fayette, and thanks for everything. It was an honour and a privilege to have known you.

Comment

It's so sad!

Though I hadn't chatted with Michel for a while, I had the chance to do it a few times, as well I play some of his (and mine) first MP games online...

Please ST, let his son know we suffer with him.

Au revoir mon ami, tu nous manques déjà...
              Ankh-Morpork, we have an orangutan...
              Discworld Scenario: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...8&pagenumber=1
              POMARJ Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...8&pagenumber=1
              LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464

Comment

My sympathies go out to La Fayette's family and friends — brain cancer took the life of my grandmother, too. Know this: You're not alone, and *never* will be.

Gatekeeper
                "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Farewell LaFayette,
                  and thanks for the many hours we spend.

Rest in Peace
                  "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
                  "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

Condolences...

This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

May he rest in peace.

Indifference is Bliss

Comment

My condolences to La Fayette's family.

I remember him from when I read the Civ2 forums, and he was one of the really great members. I appreciated his posts and his humor very much.

Comment

Tragic

Ivor and I had the privelege of meeting Michel when Ivor and my family were holidaying in France. A true gentleman and scholar of the old school. He will be truly missed.

ST - please pass on condolences from myself and my family.

A black day indeed.

Stu
                          "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                          "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

My condolensces to the family.

Words cannot express how much he will be missed.

StuporMan
                            Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much - the wheel, New York, wars and so on - whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man - for precisely the same reasons.

StuporMan's Supply and Demand Calculator
                            Supply and Demand Calculator 2.0.1 Beta Now loading savegames!

Comment

I did not know about his illness... I'm chocked and very sad...

He was indeed a true gentleman on these boards with lots of humour and personal warmth... I will remember Michel as a very generous, cordial and welcoming person...

I do not know what to say... My thoughts are with Michel and his family...

Vila i frid.

Carolus

Comment

A sad day indeed.

La Fayette was one of the people on this site whom I came to count as a friend, especially from our PBEM games. He contributed a lot to this site, and to my enjoyment of the game, with his rare combination of shrewd analysis, good humor, patience, and skill.

Rest in peace, Michel. I join the others in expressing my condolences to his family.

Comment

Working...
                                X