Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How are you preparing for Civ IV multiplayer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Review posted here: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=142104

More info on the ongoing saga between me and Eyes here:
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Trev and I experimented with Civ 4. Trev had trouble because of limited comp specs but I managed to play a session with the Aussie Civ 4 group set up by Mike.

I REALLY LIKE IT!

As long as everyone is running on a good PC with fast connections it's just as quick as Civ 2 once you're running. I'm addicted again but have much to learn. It's like Civ 1 all over - the excitement, the unknown...

It's a beautiful game.
      "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
      *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

I thought so too when I first played it. However, the unknown quickly becomes the known and you realize there isn't anything else to know. To quote the developers, "There is no wonder in this game, what you see is what you get." Once the initial wonder fades you are left with a system designed to stifle any leads and any sort of attempts to gain one.

Comment

Originally posted by deity
          Trev and I experimented with Civ 4. Trev had trouble because of limited comp specs but I managed to play a session with the Aussie Civ 4 group set up by Mike.

I REALLY LIKE IT!

As long as everyone is running on a good PC with fast connections it's just as quick as Civ 2 once you're running. I'm addicted again but have much to learn. It's like Civ 1 all over - the excitement, the unknown...

It's a beautiful game.
          Great

Can I count you in for a diplogame?

It might be good to get started with one early so it can hopefully catch on with all the new Civ4 players. They'll hopefully see our thread while the game is still new and popular and really be intrigued. It would be great if more people started diplogaming than the half a dozen remaining old timers.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

diplogame link?
            *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

The Diplogame FAQ that explains the style of playing in some detail (all based on Civ2 though): http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=101988

The thread in the Civ4MP forum discussing setting up a game: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=142405

Comment

ozzy, I agree, let's get one going....

It's great to see the Capo back

We just need to round up Raz and drake and a few others, along with the new blood
                "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
                *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Oh yea Drake!

He'd be great to have back.

Comment

Working...
                  X