Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How are you preparing for Civ IV multiplayer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How are you preparing for Civ IV multiplayer?

Well?

I can't wait personally, I skipped Civ III multi because I disliked the singleplayer too much.

But now -- no more isometric view , built for multiplayer from the start ... the list goes on and on. Civ IV is going to rock.

And diplogaming should rock too. Was there Civ III Diplogaming worth mentioning? Anyone has a link to a thread of that?

I'll wait and see what the regulars here think about it before considering buying it.

I learned my lesson when I pre-ordered civ3

Comment

Excuse my ignorance. When is the release date?
      I guess I'll play SP first to get a feel for the game mechanics, then give MP a shot.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

They moved the release date up to late October if I'm not mistaken.

I do plan on buying it when available, and then checking it out to see if MP is going to be worth it.
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I'm playing civ3 single player to get used to the automate features and things like mining grassland as well as the graphics. Otherwise you can't really prepare for civ4 because it's going to be nothing like any other civ game.

Comment

I haven't played CIVIII in quite a while.
            I hope IV is nothing like it.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I wan't real happy with Civ III either. Hopefully IV is better.

Comment

If they are releasing civ 4 in October then no multiplayer will be included I guess.

Comment

No!

Multiplayer in this one is built in FROM THE BEGINING. Not a patch, not an addon, not a half-assed untested feature, but as core part of the game

I'm excited about Civ IV like a little kid. Here's a preview:
                  It's one of the most anticipated games of the year, and we played the heck out of it.

If I still have to play Civ 2 after this one comes out, I'll be very very angry... but I hope for the best. I hope you guys are ready for some serious ass kicking when I get it

Comment

Good to see that it is "turned based" I hated that they took that away in civ 3.
                    Bring Star Trek back to T.V.!!!!

Comment

There will probably be a simultaneous mode.

This mode works just fine in both civ2 and alpha centauri.

Comment

Re: How are you preparing for Civ IV multiplayer?

Originally posted by VetLegion
                        And diplogaming should rock too. Was there Civ III Diplogaming worth mentioning? Anyone has a link to a thread of that?
                        I tried to start some, but very few people play real MP on CivIII, so arranging a game was difficult. After a few attempts I gave up. Then someone suggested I look into PBEM, cause there was a big amount of activity in PBEM Civ3 games, and some of them had drifted in the diplogame direction. So I grew interested and started a game up.

After about 3-4 turns (and about two and a half weeks) I realized that PBEM is the most worthless way to play a civ ever invented. So I quit, and the game drifted from its diplogaming roots. Of course its impossible to really diplogame when it takes so damn long to play a game in PBEM.

So yea, it will all depend on whether MP is decent in CivIV and whether there are enough people out there who support it and are interested in supporting a diplogame.
                        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

I'm interested.

Comment

Nothing really to prepare, other than I joined Civ4players ladder.
                            *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Has anyone played it yet?

Comment

Working...
                              X