Deity Dude Challenge - AKA Eyes Is Afraid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deity Dude Challenge - AKA Eyes Is Afraid

1x1x deity - You Name the World Size and Parameters.
    Everything else goes except obvious cheats.

Or

We can play no wonders no barbs. You choose.

I am willing to go either extreme. I just wouldn't want anything that you consider "unbalancing" (BTW - unbalancing = anything that isn't 2x_x king, world size and parameters according to Eyes)

Let's just play something a little different than what you have "pre-programmed" (In a game you don't host, if you don't mind )

How about best of 5 on a random world. I am open to anything that is fair.

You make a suggestion (other than you automatically get HG )

This is at least the 9th different thread over the years that I have challenged you. YOU ALWAYS REFUSE. I guess that speaks for itself.

We have played 2 games in the past. You hosted both. The first was a 2x2x king game. You were in my capital (after a long delay ) in around 3500. The second game was a 2x1x game in which you quit in around 2000 because you didn't like your land. (I guess thats not part of the game ) So I am 1-1 on your settings with you hosting. Care to reciprocate?

THE POINT IS: YOU KEEP REFUSING. In fact, in the past you have asked Ming to remove my posts if I kept challenging you.

I'll let everyone makeup their own mind to the validity of someone who refuses dozens of challenges over numerous years and still claims to be able to win.

But, if you are going to refuse, please come up with something a little new. We are all tired of you refusing because you played "so & so" in the past, or you have written strategies, or I am a rookie, or you could win at 1x1x deity but it takes too long, etc etc etc.

It's obvious from you long-winded posts that you have certainly spent more time ducking this challenge than it would have taken to play it.

By the way, I want to make it very clear that I do not consider myself "the best" 1x1x deity player. Like everything in life, that is an ongoing process. I just think someone who continually makes claims should either back them up or admit that they can't.

But that would probably be too classy for you.
    Last edited by Deity Dude; September 6, 2005, 04:07.

PREDICTION:

EYES DOESN'T PLAY

Comment

I have $20 on DD
      Bring Star Trek back to T.V.!!!!

Comment

I got $10 that he doesn't play and he just replys with one of his normal tirades
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I'll might just take that bett and split it with him

Comment

Why won't he play then. I offered to bet him $50 once in the past and he refused.

Comment

Originally posted by atawa
              I'll might just take that bett and split it with him
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Number 1. I don't have access to internet at the moment, I thought I made that clear?

2. I have never requested Ming to remove your posts (any idiot can see that you are exactly what I look for on here). To do so would be contrary to my purpose for existence on here.

3. You lost that second game which was 2x1x Deity because I killed you with elephants. I have a very good memory and I remember pretty much every single game I play as well as what the map looks like in many cases.

4. I play every single map setting imaginable to man, as long as it doesn't give horrible land. For example, on small maps I use 3 billion all one land mass, but on medium map island maps I use 5 billion. I also have played all settings on the highest levels, something you can't claim. If you're going to challenge me to a game, stick to what you know best, the only thing to be exact, and that is deity and deity only. Don't ever try to say that I play only one map and one setting because you're going to lose that war.

That being said, I accept your challenge. However, no wonders are allowed and no barbarians. Deity 1x1x, 2x1x, 1x2x, and 2x2x shall be played. Each productivity level and movement level will be played on multiple maps including medium island maps and small one land mass maps. I figure we'll have about 20 games, that way there will be absolutely no question who is better when I win all of them. I assume you'll have no problem with this since you are accusing me of only playing one setting. So when do we start? I should have an internet connection in about 1-2 weeks.

Comment

You are incorrect on points 2 and 3 but I am not gonna sit here and argue about it so that the subject will be changed.

In the last paragraph you say you accept the challenge but then you change it. I never said I wanted to play you a 2x2x game. I have never even played a 1x2x game in my life (it sounds a little silly.)

My challenge was for an honest 1x1x deity game. If you wanna play 20 of these we can. If no wonders and no barbs helps you out - I am fine with that

My original challenge stands
                  Last edited by Deity Dude; September 14, 2005, 23:43.

Comment

Sure, all I need then is an admission that I am better on every single other setting and that you only play 1x1x Deity while I play all the other settings.

Comment

Since most of the games I've ever played with DD where 2x1x games I doubt he'll be able to claim truthfully that he only plays 1x1x.
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Then he should have no problem playing it. I've already gone through and beat everyone on 1x1x Deity and they were a hell of alot better than Deity Dick here. I need something more than just beating him on 1x1x Deity for this to be worth my time. Either play all the settings or admit that I am better than you on all the settings. That includes difficulty levels and maps.

Comment

You know its funny. I got 3 ICQ's last night telling me that Eyes accepted my challenge. I told all of them that I didn't know how, but Eyes would find a way not to play the match.

He already insisted on No wonders and No barbs (I guess hes worried I'll get the wonders while he races around for huts). I agreed to give him this advantage.

Then he insisted I call him the greatest at all settings and levels except 1x1x deity. (What an insecure egomaniac). Well, before I could even respond to that ridiculous condition, he's gone back to his old ways of totally ducking the match that he supposedly accepted.

This time he's gone back to a combination of 3 of the
                          4 old favorite excuses. 1) name calling 2) I'm a rookie 3) it isn't worth his time.

The only one he left out was 4) his strategy writing.

To anyone who hasn't died of boredom from reading this thread and the numerous other threads I have challenged him in, whats going on here speaks for itself.

Well now he is wasting my time. So this is it - Last and final offer.

Since this is my challenge and you are being such a weasal about it, I am going back to the original challenge:

An honest 1x1x deity game. I'll host. All wonders, no city bribe. You can choose hut settings. Map size between small and medium.

Please don't bore me anymore with excuses. Either play or shutup.

P.S. If you want a 2x1x deity game, RAH has indicated he challenged you various times in the past. It's my understanding you claim to be best in the world at that setting too. It is also my understanding you used similiar excuses not to play him too.

P.P.S. I want to make it clear that I never claimed to be the best at all settings. I don't even claim to be the best at 1x1x deity. My only claim and point here is that Eyes is afraid to play me.

Comment

He already insisted on No wonders and No barbs (I guess hes worried I'll get the wonders while he races around for huts). I agreed to give him this advantage.
                            In order for something to be an advantage it has to help me and not you. I don't see how taking the race for HG out somehow gives me an advantage...that is unless of course you're ready to admit that Deity is nothing more than a race for HG and your entire gameplay is based on that race?

Then he insisted I call him the greatest at all settings and levels except 1x1x deity. (What an insecure egomaniac). Well, before I could even respond to that ridiculous condition, he's gone back to his old ways of totally ducking the match that he supposedly accepted.
                            Maybe we need a refresher on what has been said so far.

I am willing to go either extreme. I just wouldn't want anything that you consider "unbalancing" (BTW - unbalancing = anything that isn't 2x_x king, world size and parameters according to Eyes)
                            So you say I won't play anything but 2x2x king and world parameters I say, but you will only play Deity 1x1x? I've accepted your challenge and offered my own. You wanted a game of Deity 1x1x and I accepted that in addition I stated that I would, in addition to beating you on 1x1x, beat you on every single other production and movement setting and world size and world shape. Either way we are going to play 1x1x Deity, but I want you to tell everyone how much you suck on everything else. I don't see how this is any different from any other challenge I've accepted. I guess you wouldn't know that though becuase you're a ****ing beginner who wasn't around when I was answering everyone else's challenge...what...****ing 3 years ago now?

P.P.S. I want to make it clear that I never claimed to be the best at all settings. I don't even claim to be the best at 1x1x deity. My only claim and point here is that Eyes is afraid to play me.
                            Yeah...I'm afraid to play a beginner in a dead game that I completely conquered before he even started playing it. Who the **** are you to talk to me? I don't play little ****ing challenges from every dork and loser that comes my way. Make it worth my while or go ****ing eat **** and die. Either allow me to beat the ****ing **** out of you in every possible way imaginable thus making it amusing to me, or simply admit that I am better in all the other settings and I'll kill you in 1x1x Deity and be done with it. End of story.

Comment

As I predicted and have always predicted, Eyes will not play. CASE CLOSED.

Ming, please close this thread. It's purpose has been served.

BTW Eyes, I would like to point out just one of your many false statements. I joined this site in Aug of 2000. That is verifiable. Therefore, when you were doing whatever with whoever 3 years ago, that was 2 years after I am on record as playing. What is unverifiable, but true, is that I bought the game when it first came out in 1999.

Just one more obvious lie from Eyes.
                              Last edited by Deity Dude; September 16, 2005, 02:17.

Comment

Working...
                              X