Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop being a hyprocrite Horse, this game is one you abandoned last month with Atomant and myself well before a result was decided. I wanted to continue it. Yes I decided to give up last night, but only after continuing a game I had been defeated in for a further 30 hours, including the last 5 with no capital and therefore massive corruption. Yet you abandoned a game as soon as you sensed you could not win.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Finbar is in the lead in all aspects of the game except military units with a major population and technology lead, so how could deity fairly concede the game to Horse when Finbar is so far ahead in all other areas of the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by trev
        Stop being a hyprocrite Horse, this game is one you abandoned last month with Atomant and myself well before a result was decided. I wanted to continue it. Yes I decided to give up last night, but only after continuing a game I had been defeated in for a further 30 hours, including the last 5 with no capital and therefore massive corruption. Yet you abandoned a game as soon as you sensed you could not win.
        Nonsense - I conceded when atomant showed up at my capital and made my position untenable by putting a city in a place which crippled my civ. You could have continued. That is my point.

You can still continue that game with atomant since you have the save

In this game you should have conceded when I took all those cities off you but chose to continue. When I took your cap you could have conceded but chose to continue. Your presence or otherwise is no reason to end that game when others still have a chance of winning. You have been knocked out - that is part of the game when a player chooses the conquest strat - please see the game's victory conditions to refresh your memory of what the game is about.
        Last edited by Alexander's Horse; July 10, 2005, 05:02.
        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• I reckon as a group we discussed the circumstance of Trev's conceding quite effectively.

Not wanting to continue whilst Trev was still available online and ready to play I hailed finbar & Horse as the winners and suggested we start a new game. This happens all the time. We all agreed to start a new game but Horse tried to put a fine point on the nature of the declaration of the winner, insisting that I openly concede. This is absurd and I refused of course, knowing I can beat Horse anyway

In any other game if someone concedes and winner/s are declared that is good enough for any group.

Horse even said quite a few sessions ago that Trev should concede so we could start a new one....

Well, that time has come dear horsie porsie puddin an' pie [affectionate love hate relationship thingy]
          "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
          *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• Originally posted by trev
            Finbar is in the lead in all aspects of the game except military units with a major population and technology lead, so how could deity fairly concede the game to Horse when Finbar is so far ahead in all other areas of the game.
            Exactly - the game is still wide open. deity and I have choices to make about our war and to address finbar's economic and science lead. So why didn't deity want to play on? He can concede but finbar and I should then be able to carve up his civ and yours and fight it out. Thats different from shut down the game just because one player gets knocked out.
            Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

• Originally posted by deity
              In any other game if someone concedes and winner/s are declared that is good enough for any group.
              This not an alliance or diplo game so please explain to me how there can be "winner/s"

there can be only one winner - by conquest or spaceship

Comment

• Do you know how many games stop at this point!! Mostly all.

But I do agree it could be interesting to continue which is why I said we would when Trev wasn't around. But we can't continue with a save where Trev has just disbanded his units and left all his cities empty. We need to load Trev's save with a sub or AI taking it from there.
                *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• The AI will take over Trev's civ anyway.

Who's going to be around today/tonight?
                  " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
                  "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Yeah Trev did a silly thing unloading his cities like that - let the ai take over his cities - a sub would be unfair. I knocked him out, he's gone Daddy.

I'll grab some of his cities, probably 3, you'll get some, finbar will get some. I certainly can't reach them all or even most. Then its game on. The race for his cities will be fun in itself.

You can still win deity, I don't underestimate you

If it was agreed at the start when trev bowed out that we would continue then I would have been happy to start a different game to keep him in play for the evening.

Comment

• Originally posted by finbar
                      The AI will take over Trev's civ anyway.

Who's going to be around today/tonight?
                      I'm happy with AI but it must be Trev's save. Unloaded cities means you lose nothing to capture cities on the next turn.
                      *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• Unfortunately any autosaves will be overwritten by the new game we played afterwards, so I have no save that I can pass on for the best continuation of the game

Comment

• The barbs are within one move of a city, so presumably they will take that one, that will be number 7 (at least) the barbs destroyed or captured from me, which is about the same quantity Horse has achieved so far I think. I have never played any game where the barbs have so consistently attacked the cities I have founded before, and it just compounded the effects of horses attacks, particularly seeing I had lost 20% of my military units including all offensive units to the barbs in the turns preceding Horses initial attacks and 3 islands cities to the barbs immediately following Horses attacks.

Comment

• Originally posted by deity

I'm happy with AI but it must be Trev's save. Unloaded cities means you lose nothing to capture cities on the next turn.
                            Fine with me if you insist because you're just shooting yourself in the foot. There's some nice juicy cities you can grab and I can't (damnit). At most I can get 1 or 2 before the ai garrisons. That leaves 8 or 9 up for grabs, most of which are out of my reach garrisoned or not. There's one in particular I don't want you to get. If we go back to trev's save I'll probably get more than you and I might even get that one. Fine with me

I'm happy to play from my save as well, which gives us all the chance to clean up his civ quickly. Rather perversely it probably leads to a fairly even split of Trev's cities between the 3 of us. But we'll all need to move fast and make smart moves.

I love these situations, the stress, the pressure

Comment

• The smart money is on finbar to land in space, while horse and deity throw sticks and stones at each other.
                              The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

• could be

Comment

Working...
                                X