No announcement yet.

Dirty Succession Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, it's just that, with 98 cities under a Fundy scheme, there's plenty of firepower -- if you can arrange the transport system to bring it to bear.

It seems kinda lame to buy your way out.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I'm in Turn 8, planning to play 10 per the ruleset.

RL has thrown me a curve -- my Mom is in the hospital, and it's quite serious. Maybe a few more days before things settles down and I can finish.

If someone wants the reins, let me know and I'll post what I have to this point.
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Blessings to you and for your Mom. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Monk
        so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

• Thanks, Monk.

Well, at least the operation was a success. Prognosis is good, but it's still too soon to know what degree of recovery we can expect. Kinda scary. But she seems mentally alert and aware, and that's the main thing.

(Funny how much help the moral support of people you've never met can be...)

Comment

• -J, just finish the turns in your own time. We all know that there are far more important things in life than Civ (though sometimes we don't like to admit it ), and this is one such. Best wishes for your mother's recovery - it will be all the quicker with friends and family there to support her.

Comment

• -Jrabbit - our thoughts are with you

Stu
              "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
              "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

• JRabbit - Hang in and be strong at this difficult time for you. We all send hopes for your mother's speedy and full recovery.

Comment

• Thanx guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                    Thanks, Monk.

(Funny how much help the moral support of people you've never met can be...)
                    I think the reverse also applies. It is amazing how the personal lives of your 'online' friends actually influences your real life and how much you sympathise when one of those friends is in pain.

So, with that in mind, just make sure the (j) rabbit stays in front of the hounds. (AKA keep your chin up, and dont let life, or bastards in general, get you down)

Trust your mother is on the road to recovery...
                    "the bigger the smile, the sharper the knife"
                    "Every now and again, declare peace. it confuses the hell out of your enemies."

Comment

• She's out of intensive care but it'll be awhile before we know how complete her recovery will be.

Comment

• Jrab, I'll be thinking of you and wishing for a quick and full recovery.

Comment

• NEWS FLASH
                          Things got suddenly better yesterday! Mom is now clear-eyed and mentally alert (must've been the Demerol). Not 100%, but the overnight change was like night and day.

If she indeed gets her full mental faculties back, then we just need to see how much physical ability will return (very limited movement on right side, lack of fine motor control). They're moving her to a very good physical rehab facility tomorrow.

For any interested, she had a subdermal hematoma. That's a collection of blood between the brain and the skull (left side in this case). They incise, drain the blood, and keep a shunt (drain) in there for a couple days. Mixed medical opinion whether there was a small stroke involved as well.

It's a huge relief to see her smiling and involved, not confused or drifting into memories from decades past. Vital signs have been stable for 3-4 days, so I think we're out of mortal danger.

Thanks again for all the positive thoughts. Prayers also welcome...

Comment

• Hurrah!

Comment

• Glad to hear that things are looking better, Jrabbit.
                              "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
                              "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

• That's great news, -JR!! Keep your spirits up; it sounds like the worst has past.

Unsolicited advice can often be a pain so feel free to disregard the following.
                                As things keep improving, don't miss the opportunity to really talk to her (if you haven't been). If this was a wake up call you will not want to leave anything unsaid. Sorry if this sounds strange and/or seems obvious to you. It's just a whole lot easier to talk to someone when they are still here and can respond. Moms are such a blessing and it is great when we let them know that.

Prayers continue.

Monk
                                so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

Working...
                                X