No announcement yet.

Ozzy's Classical Eurodip!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hats off to Ljube, who left no stone unturned in getting us a working save. Makeo, a reboot might be necessary but it looks like we've got it. ARE YOU USING THE LATEST CITIES gif, though???

Comment

• Wrong rules.

*passes out from holding breath too long*
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• awesome session

I'm going to get well ahead of priorities now, but I just want everyone to think of it. There are modern unit changes/rules posted in the beginning of this thread - which may need further consideration.

As well - I'd like to propose a rule against severe terraforming. For the most part, I think altering of mountains and/or hills to lesser physical forms is way too unrealistic an option. Something I always hated about civ2 and would like to see left out of this game

Comment

• Here's the modern combat list for our game

Armor 10/5 3 - moves
          80 shields

Howitzer 12/2 2 - moves
          3 HP 2FP
          *Ignores city walls
          70 shields

Modern infantry 6/6 - 1 move
          3 HP 1 FP
          *+50% against units with move factor of 2
          60 shields

Mech infantry 7/7 - 3 moves
          3 HP 1 FP
          60 shields

I'm going to first ask everyone that Howitzer's have cost upped to 80 shields; minor adjustment although on realistic lines to keep armor somewhat valued. I'm also to change the graphic to a 155mm Paladin sort - to rid us memory of that awful and unrealistic shiny wheeled gun.

I am going to in following ask that paratroopers have defense realistically upped to a concrete 6 - rule confirmation below will reinforce reason for this

I would also ask that an MLRS 240 ground artillery unit be introduced (I can provide the graphic) - with following stats:

MLRS 12/2 1 move
          2 HP 2FP
          100 shields

Just as in real life - costlier to build and operate, slightly more destructive than conventional artillery with rockets/cluster charges (in this case evades infantry bonus), slightly weaker to counterattack, and less mobile in real combat due to vulnerable nature. The idea is simply that if you've put up effective area siege of a well defended area; ABSOLUTE stagnation doesn't result on either side. Mech infantry become more valued in "have in case" defense - as well.

I'm going to finally assert conclusive measure on the following rule "introductions"

-NO Diplo guiding
          -NO Partisan guiding
          -NO Paratrooper guiding
          -NO bribing of Partisan units (realistic, and will further stem 1 turn sweeps)

We're going to have an absolutely top notch; MULTI FACETED and truly modern battle system which gives stern goodbye to the likes of HOTW4 tactic. I'm not willing to see Eurodip go down in a turn with the biggest civ unrealistically moving "howitzers" across several thousand miles/cities in a 4 hour turn. If you all agree - let's hear some conclusions on proposed changes, or further ideas.

Comment

• I only think we should keep paratrooper guiding cause it's realistic. In World War II paratroopers were used to capture and secure land behind the lines of defence.

No bribing of partisans is OK.

Howitzers should be even more expensive as there is absolutely no defence against them and when they come to the stage the civ that attacks first will invariably win.

Comment

• I half agree on paratroopers. I was going to first offer some sort of compromise regarding their cost (to an an unbelievable amount - basic guiding is incredibly powerful and past strategic realities of a single div in WW2)

but as stands; Paras have quite significant strategic value per cost with the new defense change - and on realistic basis. Yes - they still provide inherent role in guiding troops by loosely securing lands, tying off supply (reinforcement) routes to smaller opposition fronts via ZOC, diverting nearby enemy attention to regaining strategic/resource position(s), and securing basic transport lines from being purposely destroyed

As for howies.. check out the modern infantry unit and the (now) 155mm's slight cost upgrade. They will simply be a piece of the attack force - devastating when your enemy hasn't thought out defense and counter measure proportion properly.

Comment

• Oh, and more important to our upcoming sessions - we should all briefly consider recent developments in HOTW4 as non encouragement to player bias in future attack(s). With so much obvious 'feeling" developing over hotw's recent event - it would well maintain integrity of Ozzy's Euro to keep existing hostilites from out of game, out of game.

Of course this isn't concrete - nor a rule; you can eventually isolate or attack whoever the hell you want. I'm just asking that any such action or "policy" be realistically weighed with story and situational gain; if out game influenced intent is indeed significant factor.

Comment

• nevermind i read the thread
                  Last edited by Makeo; February 17, 2004, 00:03.
                  Hold my girlfriend while I kiss your skis.

Comment

• Allo the mods look good, I'll go along with everything proposed.
                    "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
                    *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• Originally posted by Zylka
                      I half agree on paratroopers. I was going to first offer some sort of compromise regarding their cost (to an an unbelievable amount - basic guiding is incredibly powerful and past strategic realities of a single div in WW2)

I am glad you agree.

Originally posted by Zylka
                      As for howies.. check out the modern infantry unit and the (now) 155mm's slight cost upgrade. They will simply be a piece of the attack force - devastating when your enemy hasn't thought out defense and counter measure proportion properly.
                      I checked it out. Still no defence against howitzers unless all of my cities rest on mountains.

Comment

• I am considering bowing out of this game.

Could a sub be found?

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• That's your responsibility

Comment

• Originally posted by ljcvetko

I checked it out. Still no defence against howitzers unless all of my cities rest on mountains.
                            They're now 75% a howitzer's cost. In short, best have a fewmodern Inf as fodder around at your exposable front(s) - plus artillery/armor/mrls of your own to counter. Howie's still need to have somewhat an effective place in modern warfare..

In any case - definitely willing to hear some new ideas regarding

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP
                              I am considering bowing out of this game.

Could a sub be found?
                              Please don't. You add so much to the game ozzy.
                              "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
                              *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• I haven't really been. I haven't been posting, or roleplaying at all in this game. I've just been going through the motions. You guys deserve someone in my spot who is more interested and involved in the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X