Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK, here is one for the rulemakers. Suppose we start a game with 4 players, then one drops and never comes back. Can we still build the Great Wall?

Comment

• Originally posted by rah
      But I will say, that when in a game where hut finder is not allowed, I use my old charts which in my opinion gives me a greater advantage because most others don't have them. At least with hut finder, everyone has access to the same tool to level the playing field.

But many may not agree with this
      I've come around to Rah's way of thinking on this. I used to be dead set against Hutfinder, but that was really because I was a Mac user and had no access to the software. But I have a PC now. Add to that the fact that I'm too damned lazy to draw up charts, and Hutfinder starts to look pretty good.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit

I've come around to Rah's way of thinking on this. I used to be dead set against Hutfinder, but that was really because I was a Mac user and had no access to the software. But I have a PC now. Add to that the fact that I'm too damned lazy to draw up charts, and Hutfinder starts to look pretty good.
        WIMP

Comment

• I guess I could ask Rah to photocopy or scan his charts for me...

Actually, doesn't matter. I have fun either way.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Refering to DD's original question, I have no problem in a four man game where a person drops and a human builds the GW for a few reasons. One, it could already be built before the player drops so I don't see much difference. And more importantly, the AI will just build it and force peace treaties, walk up and bribe your cities. An annoyance I can do without.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• In addition... if you happen to be the "lucky" guy next to the now AI player, it might be useful to build GW to protect against the single elephant attack per turn
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Single elephant attack per turn? What does that mean? Is this another exploit?
                No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

• It means the AI is stupid, and will continue to send a single unit against you each turn until the end of the time instead of waiting and building up a larger and more impactful army. The AI is truly stupid in Civ II
                  Keep on Civin'
                  RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Hutfinder is wrong. So is blackclicking.

Comment

• Originally posted by TCO
                      Hutfinder is wrong. So is blackclicking.
                      I'm with you, but unfortunately I use it now just to keep up with the other guys. I really only use it the first few turns to try and find a good starting spot. After that it is a huge chore.

As for black clicking - I don't do it.

Comment

• Seen Makeo around?

Comment

• I only usually use hutfinder at the start also, after that I forget about it.

I usually only blackclick by accident, with the exception if I'm getting ready to settle a city away from my home area that has a whale in reach, I sometimes blackclick to see if a city is already using it.
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by TCO
                            Seen Makeo around?
                            No, but I would like to. Is he stil alive?
                            My life, my rules

Comment

• clearing settlers of work every turn to double their efficiency

"... clearing settlers of work every turn to double their efficiency. "

Would someone please explain how this works?

Comment

• Before your turn ends just click on it. This clears what they're currently doing. On the next turn assign it to continue the task. They'll complete the task in half the time. I can't remember for sure but I think this was only effective in 2x production, but it's been a while since I played.
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X