Lazy Days of Summer Sxn Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Old n Slow
    I think that we can take a hint & get back to Obiwan/Ben Kenobi/mayor of Tatooine another time -- JR, are you willing to step in for a few?
    I dunno. I may be too psychologically damaged to provide effective leadership...
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit

I dunno. I may be too psychologically damaged to provide effective leadership...

Sounds like you need to see the Chaplin or the bartender.

Monk
      so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

• OK, no appearance from the Jedi and I'm revitalized after getting trashed in 2x/1x MP with rah, atawa, and Zylka this weekend.

So I d/l now and play soon...
        Last edited by -Jrabbit; November 24, 2003, 10:07.
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Finally!

Well, I guess I was out to prove myself as lazy as the others...

Here's the zipped save. It's 1866, and we have no real direction. Very hard to mount an invasion force with this ruleset, and the vital constructive interplay of concerned, interested parties has been lacking. But at least I played...

Here's the zipped save. I spent most of my time rushing camels so the next mayor would have some options...
          Attached Files

Comment

• Turnlog 1866

The year is 1854 and President Rudy Rabbit is elected. He lazily surveys the empire, noting 8.19 MM ppl and a treasury of 145 GP. Scientists report they can learn a new tech eavery 5 years at a profit of 114 GP/year und our 30-40-30 tax plan. Lazy governors report they'll build what they damn well please. Rudy Rabbit completes the Middleboro Public Library, buys an increment or two, and presses enter...

Middleboro completes Library, Lafayette completes Bank, Delendapolos completes Ciy Walls.
            WTP Day in Oldetown.
            Wine (d) delivered to Baltimore, 380 GP.
            Northern frigate sinks barb ship, six units drown.

Warrenville, the only city responsive to the President's wishes, embarks on aggressive camel-breeding program.
            Russia, Greeks sign peace treaty.
            Japs learn communism, trade it to Americans for RR.
            Oldetown completes diplomat, starts on much=needed sewer system.
            Frigates in Slowville, Oldetown are disbanded toward city improvements.
            With no original thought to guide him, Rudy sends transport westward per suggestion.

Americans develop Explosives, start building United Nations.
            South Pole completes Marketplace, starts Aqueduct.
            Totooine completes Factory.
            After a tragic lab accident, surviving scientists announce discovery of Explosives! We opt for Economics over Chivalry.

Oldetown builds sewers, starts musketeer.
            Ant's Nest completes muketeer, starts factory.
            Rudy Rabbit announces his intent to build "Amtrak" -- a preposterously ambitious plan for a national railway.

Japanese start UN.
            Warrenville completes hides caravan, starts another.
            Diplomat from Delendapolis determines bribe cost for returning Toofaraway to our empire is 522 GP.
            Greeks switch to Replican govt.
            Oldetown finishes musket, starts engineer.
            Slowville finishes Bank, starts Sewers, celebrates.
            Western expedition finds hut containing the advanced tribe of Chalco. Thinking his mission complete, confused transport captain heads back home.

Faders now at 20-20-60.
            Americans develop The Corporation. Seems they discover something, like, almost every turn...
            Doldrums Bank.
            Warrenville Hides.
            WTP Day in South Pole, Hobbitown, Middleboro, Delendapolis, Doldrums, Tatooine, Straycoco, Ant's Nest.

Oldetown builds engineers.
            Rudy goes shopping for increments and such.
            Northern expeditionary force launched.

American DD sinks transport/diplomat.
            Greeks discover metallurgy, deliver coal shipment to Tatooine.
            South Pole aqueduct --> engineer
            WTP in Antlergrad. Wdon'tTP in Doldrums.
            Warrenville hides, Slowville sewers.
            We discover Economics and start on Metallurgy.

Americans learn Refinings.
            Celebrations stop in South Pole, Middleboro, Slowville.
            Move sliders to 30-50-20, adjust workers accordingly.
            Bribe barb musket near Delendapolis (61 GP).
            Delendapolis builds catapult, starts another as Greeks posture heavily at city limits.

Japanese discover University.
            Straycoco completes musketeer, starts bank.
            Various increments purchased.
            Camels are gathering in Ant's Nest...

Greeks continue threatening movement @ Delendapolis, but meekly depart upon diplomatic request.
            Greek ship spotted in northern waters. We parley (5 rifles) and maintain uneasy peace. Cost of Toofaraway now at 550...
            Faders move to 20-60-20.

Americans nearly complete United Nations (which they are building in 3 cities).
            We discover Metallurgy,, start on Corporation.
            Tatooine builds a Bank.
            Wool (d) to Antlergrad, 87 GP, +4 route.

We tweak the faders to 30-50-20 (4 turns, +87). The Lazy Nation now boasts 10.74 MM ppl and has 463 GP in the treasury. A significant number of camels is gathering in Ant's Nest. The next lazy bastard can decide whether for WoW or trade...

Rudy Rabbit retires, feeling his was a rather uninspired reign. Looking at the rules, there's no real direction re AC vs. conquest. With rushbuying our only option, we see the AI forcing huge investments in infrastructure and unwanted units, without recourse.

Kinda frustrating...

Comment

• I have downloaded the saved game, but have to report that the unzipped version is only 155k, not the 450 or so that Civ 2 saves usually are. I'll try playing this evening, but with fingers crossed.

Comment

• DoY

Unzips and open fine here. Happy Hunting!!

Monk
                so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

• Thanks Monk!
                  I've printed out the rules and am raring to go. If only I didn't have to stay at work all afternoon!
                  Very relieved to hear that the game opens all right. Hopefully should have the save back tomorrow with a log (of sorts), but if things don't go to plan I'll definitely get it done on Sunday. Things had better go to plan though!

Comment

• I played 10 turns, but achieved little I'm afraid, and didn't have a very clear idea of what our objectives were.

1866 – (0) Survey map, but since I don’t have a city, press enter.

1867 – (1) San Diego builds UN. Japs abandon. US discovers Gen. Eng & starts CfC, hoping to discover Thunderfall. Greeks discover explosives. Greeks & Indians sign treaty. S pole builds engineers. I think I might get a city after all. S pole riots. Put to Both. Tatooine builds explorer, but there’s nowhere to go so I send him out after an unpopped hut. Gold caravan (d) delivered to Lafayette – only 100g.

1868 – (2) Slowville riots & Oldetown builds walls. Not a lot going on with any exploration. Horseman in Delendapolis keeping an eye on goings-on round Toofaraway.

1869 – (3) Oil caravan built in Warrenville. Corporation discovered. Electricity next up. Chalco builds muskets & starts on engineers. Toofaraway would cost 535g to revolt, and that’s with incident. No thanks. Exploring ironclad discovers the main cities of Greece on a northern continent.

1870 – (4) Americans develop Electronics & start on the Dam. Railroad network coming together!

1871 – (5) Tatooine builds engineers. Starts another! Settler by Delendapolis automated.
                    Ironclad finds Eretria (size 12). Oldetown builds explorer & starts on bank.

1872 – (6) Transport with explorer on board sunk by US destroyer. Japanese discover Leadership. Antlergrad builds bank & starts uni. Thermopylae spotted to the north. Another 12.

1873 – (7) Americans & Japanese swap conscription & leadership. We get Electricity. Start on communism. Middleboro builds aqueduct, starts factory. I cut taxes because I can’t rushbuy any cities’ production, and we’ve got over 1200g sitting useless.

1874 – (8) US discover combustion. Railroad nearly complete. Tatooine builds another engineer & starts another (useless) explorer. Barbs appear near Hobbiton.

1875 – (9) Greeks discover communism. Very tempting to steal…. but no. Engineers & settlers all flee to the south east to avoid barbs. Dukedom founded (too far) to far south east.

1876 – (10) We are the poorest of all the civs. Discover Communism & begin Espionage. As I thought, my building a new city puts all the others into disorder! I “liberate” Toofaraway without incident for just over 1000g. Comes with Chivalry free, and three musketeers & two transports. Military advisor. I put Dukedom onto Military too, if only to save the musket I’ve just bought, and hand over the reins of power. Tech rate quite good, chances of winning quite bad.

Sorry that I missed out on any kind of predetermined plan, and got a bit reckless at the end, deciding to found my own city and bribe back Toofaraway, but I managed to grab Chivalry into the bargain, so we may have a chance of building an invasion force with spies and hosses once we steal/research Tactics. The Americans are pretty daunting at sea though.
                    Good luck to the next lazy ruler.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Not bad, duke. At least some turns got played!
                      Curious about one thing, though...

I cut taxes because I can’t rushbuy any cities’ production
                      No rule against that, AFAIK

Comment

• Yes, it is OK to rush buy the production -- and it might make sense in many cases.

Once we get Espionage, we may want to consider the clause for a change in government -- we all have to agree if we want to go to Commy.

La Fayette is next.
                        Those with lower expectations face fewer disappointments

Comment

• I hate this game.

Perhaps I haven't understood the rules at all, but I have a feeling that almost nothing is allowed and, as a consequence, I don't think we have the slightest chance to win.

Anyway, I played 10 turns:

1877: The Indians will have RR = we give it to them.

1878: Sneak attack by the Greeks (kill 1 camel)

1879: La Fayette completes factory. We destroy 4 Greek units.

1882: Greeks offer Conscription for a cease fire = we say yes. Greeks offer 800g for peace = we say yes .

1885: We swap Leadership and Tactics from the Japs.
                          Canal city of FRODOCASTLE established.

1887: LF retires, with one more canal city ready to be built south-east of Izumo (providing direct access to 1/2 of the American cities, among which Washington, size 23 ).
                          Attached Files
                          Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

• ... and it seems that I played against one more rule (since I switched to Commie without asking 'the rulers' opinion).
                            I take the night train to the Institute
                            Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

• No, no honeymoon, not yet anyway. Maybe in a couple years.

I'm sorry for leaving y'all high and dry, but I wanted to be a good demogame president and finish off the game.

Oh, and she's not French, but rather Italian and German.

So can I take my turn tonight?
                              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Why Communism? We have a wimpy army, few cities that need to grow through sewers and celebrations, and low amounts of cash. Communism will not help us nearly as much as Democracy at this point. We are not a war machine in having more warriors than Calvary!!

Plus, we have luxuries at 40%. Either we push science to the max, or we jack up taxes to pay for an army. We should not need to celebrate in order to acheive a decent rate.

I propose a revolution to Democracy so that we can maximise our cities.
                                Last edited by Ben Kenobi; December 12, 2003, 22:03.
                                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                                X