Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jazzaaah!

Playing my turn.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Lazy days of summer.

Win by conquest?

Start by firing governor in Tatooine, start caravan
      Lets start some celebrations.

Set luxuries to 60%.

I really want a marketplace in Doldrums.

AD 1752:

8 celebrations, population at 3 million

AD 1754:

Mingapulco celebrates. Belatedly.
      Antlergrad falls out of celebrations.
      3.5 million people.

Gold from Slowville - Baltimore, 303 gold.

AD 1756:
      BRIDGE BUILDING
      Start researching INVENTION

Barb crusader impaled by pikeman.
      Shifting celebrations. Oldetown celebrates, Antlergrad celebrates.

Izumo trade rounte, 75$

AD 1758:
      4 million population

AD 1760:
      AMERICANS develop Democracy, Start SoL.

AD 1762:
      4.5 million people.
      Attached Files
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• It looks like a Trireme was lost somewhere?
        I guess it will be a while before we get caravans up to Indian cities

Rrrrr. What we really need is Nav!

[mode=robust constructive criticism]
        Oh, the beads went to (size 4) Izumo (not demanded) instead of waiting for the Trireme to go to (size 11) Kyoto (demanded)
        [/mode]
        (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
        (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Rabbit log

Hmm. I completed my turns over the weekend and emailed the save to my work address as usual (for zipping and posting). Unfortunately, something is wonky with our corp email this a.m. and the mail has not shown up. So I'll post the log and get the save up as conditions permit...
          ----------------------
          The Lazy Year is 1762 and the Rabbitman meanders back into Warrenville to see what's been happening...
          It appears that our city-states are sleepwalking through the summer. With only Warrenville and Olde Towne available for management option, Consul Rabbitman takes stock.

Our defenses are poor, our trade progress poor. We are a Republic, but happiness is minimal, as we have triremes (mostly empty) wandering all over the globe. A random click reveals a city at 101, 49. Our treasury has over 500 GP, so we purchase some white goods -- a sewer in Warrenville and Aqueducts in Totooine and Ant's Nest. We're at war with both the americans and Japanese.

--Americans, Japanese become monarchies, vow to rid the planet of our lazy selves.
          --WLTConsulD celebrated in Middleboro.
          --Antlergrad builds market, starts aqueduct. Lafayette builds aqueduct, starts library.
          --We change the faders to 20-30-50 to encourage celebration. Tech rate = 10 turns, income +11 GP.

--Five cities begin celebrations.
          --Diplomat finds Dallas, steals Democracy!!! OEDO consulted. Engraved formal invitations are sent for planned revolution in 1770.
          --Barb horse killed at Delendapolis, making our lone horse there a vet.
          --Camels rushed in Olde Towne, Warrenville.

--Greeks begin building SOL.
          --Tatooine stops celebration at size 10.

--Pop = 6.33 MM
          --Middleboro sotps celebrating at size 5.
          --Slowville complete library, starts aqueduct.
          --REVOLUTION.
          --Trireme slated to take wine and hides to Indian cities in the north.

--Americans learn Economics, switch from SOL to Adam Smith.
          --Democracy!! Current setting yield +28 GP, tech rate of 7 turns.
          --Olde Towne builds another food van.
          --Straycoco silver delivered to Doldrums for 55 GP and +3 arrows/turn in both cities.
          --We adjust to 10-30-60 for more celebrations.

--WLTPD declared in 9 cities.
          --Antlergrad builds timely aqueduct, starts library.
          --Warrenville builds settlers, starts camel.
          --We discover Invention Next choices include Astronomy, Banking, Theology, and University. Navigation (road to RR) sure would be nice, so we opt for Astronomy...

--Americans build Adam Smith's Trading Company.
          --Delendapolis builds Library, starts aqueduct.
          --Northern hut yields NONE settler, which heads toward Mingapulco to perform needed improvements.
          --Food van in Olde Towne.

--Pop now at 7.00 MM ppl.
          --S Pole builds settlers, starts legion.
          --Warrenville hides van heads south by land, plans trade route with one of our needy southern cities.
          --Celebrations stop in Middleboro, Warrenville. Many other celebrations about to stop, so...
          --Faders are moved to 20-60-20 and workers adjusted accoordingly. Now at 4 turns/tech, +25 GP.

--Huge boatload of Barb chariots (6 chariots and a king on one caravel??) lands outside Delendapolis.
          --Japanese learn how to make Gunpowder.
          --Delendapolis pikeman rushed.

--Americans and Japanese swap gunpowder for navigation.
          --Tatooine builds granary, starts on sewers.
          --President Rabbitman, exhausted, retires.

NOTES FOR NEXT PRESIDENT
          --We will learn Astronomy next turn.
          --Olde Towne now has 5 camels IIRC. Perhaps an appropriate WoW would give us a boost...
          --Warrenville is our repeating hides source. I have no problem with that build plan continuing (another camel in process now).
          --If you decide to turn on the Warrenville advisor, please use the Military version, as local defense is pretty weak.
          --We might wish to embark on a tech-stealing program, as the neighboring Japanese and Americans each have about 5-6 useful techs, and we're at war with them both anyway.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• The Save

The T1 was down, but has returned, thus allowing this email to finally arrive. (It is hoped the Barren Burbs finale is simply in queue and will appear soon...)

1782 Lazy Zipfile attached.
            Attached Files
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• My fault for not pounding the table sooner, but I thought for sure that La Fayette would pick up on this in short order...

Then of course with a poly down here & other thoughts there, this slipped off the front page.

Players City

Old n Slow ---------- Slowville
              atomant ------------- Ant’s Nest
              Straybow ------------ Straycoco
              obiwan18 ----------- Tatooine
              Bob_Smurf42 ------- Doldrums
              JRabbit --------------- Warrenville
              La Fayette ----------- LaFayette
              Vlad Anterkov ------- Antlergrad
              Those with lower expectations face fewer disappointments

Comment

• Sorry, I didn't notice

1784: Hut = 100g; 3 barb chariots destroyed in the north. Astronomy disc., Gunpowder next

1786: Hides to Izumo = 82g; Wine to Izumo = 325g

1790: Gunpowder discovered; Navigation next. Our valiant horseman kills Barb Ellie.

1794: Gems delivered to Denver = 124g

1796: Mighty horseman kills Barb Chariot

1798: Greek fregate offshore Toofaraway says hello and destroys 2 units inside the city + numerous Barb uprising (8 units) close to Tatooine.
                Navigation disc., PHYSICS next.

1800: Greel fregate kills remaining Musketeer inside Toofaraway = city empty (but no one onboard the fregate...as usual )

The Americans have just discovered Physics = ironclads in sight, but they have few harbours and we'll be able to build clads quite soon too (too bad the Admiral is not with us any longer )
                Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

• Vlad is next
                  (or perhaps OnS, if Vlad doesn't show up)
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Got it.

Taking a quick look at the save... why are the excess cities (Hobbittown, Middleboro, and some others) not set to governor?
                    Last edited by Vlad Antlerkov; October 25, 2003, 14:44.
                    oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

• Originally posted by Vlad Antlerkov
                      why are the excess cities (Hobbittown, Middleboro, and some others) not set to governor?
                      Ask Mr Schwartzenegger

(I mean I must have forgotten that part of the rule... = hurry up in order to get onboard last Concorde flight to the Institute)

Comment

• why are the excess cities (Hobbittown, Middleboro, and some others) not set to governor?
                        It isn't summer anymore… rules don't apply
                        (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                        (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Summary: Lost two cities (one to barbs, one to a Greek sneak attack). Gained a few techs. HG expires.

1802 (Inherited Turn)-- Set the excess cities to governor.

Hobbittown: Settler-->Marketplace
                          Lafayette: Caravel-->Crusader
                          Middleboro: Settler-->Library
                          Mingapulco: Explorer-->Catapult.
                          Slowville: Granary-->City Walls
                          Straycoco: Aqueduct-->Marketplace
                          Warrenville: Caravan-->Library.
                          Ant's Nest: Settler-->Catapult.
                          Delendapolis: Aqueduct-->aqueduct.

Knighs in Oldetown wakened to fight off barbs at Tatooine.

Interturn-- American government overthrown. Japs get Chivalry.

1804 (1)-- Antlergrad Library-->caravan. Tatooine riots. Ant's Nest Catapult-->City Walls (switched from Military Gov to Domestic).

Interturn-- Americans switch to Demo. Greeks discover Railroad.

1806 (2)-- Physics discovered, now researching Chemistry. Half our cities riot, thanks to the HG expiring. Lux upped to 20%. Greeks sneak-attack at Delendapolis, killing the pike.

What? That rule about the excess cities being on governor doesn't apply anymore? arty:

Mingapulco catapult-->explorer
                          Middleboro library-->settler
                          Delendapolis aqueduct-->musket

Barb leader captured. I have to starve Mingapulco half to death to keep it from rioting.

Interturn-- Greeks take Toofaraway.

1808 (3)--Nothing much happens.

1810 (4)--Nothing much happens. Caravel bought in Antlergrad. Musket rushed in Delendapolis.

Interturn-->Americans get Metallurgy.

1812 (5)--Doldrums library-->walls. Oldetown builds Wine caravan. Antlergrad caravel-->caravan. Delendapolis musket-->diplomat. Coal to NY for 215 gold.

Interturn: Greeks start Darwin. We sign a peace treaty with Greeks.

1814 (6)--University discovered. Now researching Steam.

Warrenville library-->walls. Hides to St. Louis for 160 gold.

Interturn-->Barb uprising at Mingapulco, kills our Settler there.

1816 (7)--Not much of note.

Interturn-- Another barb landing at Mingapulco. Kills our only unit left there.

1818 (8)--Tatooine and Slowville now building universities. Come across that bug where speaking to an AI causes them to revolt.

Interturn-- Barbs take Mingapulco.

1820 (9)-- Straycoco market-->library

Interturn-- Americans get Conscription.

1822 (10)-- We get Steam Engine! arty: Researching Railroad.

The save:
                          Attached Files
                          oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

• Hmm. I had specifically requested that Warrenville be permitted to comoplete its camel before going to Auto.

Certainly the governor's wishes should be considered before his vacation...

In any case, nice to see this game moving forward.

Comment

• I D/L 'd the save & will look into this accordingly -- round four to start.

May need to spend a little time refreshing the easy way we're supposed to sail through this game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Old n Slow

I’m willing to consider a modification mid game or later for up to three turns of player control solely for the generation of camels & trucks depending upon the trade routes already in place...
                                We are now in mid game. The Rabbit & I have both placed our build choices of camels, RB on the last turn & made requests for the next mayor to switch over.

Question for the fellowship of mayors:

Do we want the freedom of the acting representative to meddle with our governor's activities for up to three turns per session?

Vote now

Comment

Working...
                                X