No announcement yet.

Lizzy's rise to greatness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The aztec is fortified there, probably fog busting, so their land surely in the south, probably SE

Comment

• Hammam is pretty useless (only a +2 health/+2 happiness) so I vote we go directly to Code Of Laws. In my opinion it would be silly to do anything else. It's so obviously superior to all of the options listed it is a no brainer in my book. Get that religion and build courthouses.
      Last edited by Dinner; November 16, 2012, 14:12.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Let's go for Ottoman Jews in Byzantium.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Really, is the Hammam that great? Is it worth a detour and possibly not getting a religion as well as delaying REXing?

Comment

• Hi team,

Just for information, I got into the game after much downloading, testing and deleting of various folders.

So I hope to complement our intelligence via occasional screenshots and stuff.
            On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• Aztec got the Oracle and CoL as free tech.
              Otherwise nothing interesting.
              question: should we focus our espionage on aztec or on zulu? After the oracle Aztec will be more advanced. Zulu is more dangerous for ab early attack.

Comment

• Damn it.

Ok, mathematics it is. I would like to see us get one of the religions though because it is such a powerful economic force. We're handicapped without one.

Comment

• I popped in to have a look around. No screenshots yet until I learn to do the compressed ones.

Anyhow there is an Aztec city 2 tiles due south of Belle, ie to the SW of the fortified Aztec warrior.

Three religions have been founded: Hinduism, Buddism and Confucianism.
                  2 Wonders have built: Stonehenge and The Oracle.

We are no. 2 in terms of soldiers

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0134.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	168.3 KB
ID:	9094184Click image for larger version

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0136.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	346.7 KB
ID:	9094186

Pictures from current turn.
                    Our great scientist has been born!
                    There are really two things we can do with him: Academy in place (Aurora) or Academy in our Capital.
                    Right now planting it in the Cap would give a bit more benefit/turn, but it takes two turns to move there, and our second GS will be born there anyway (though much later). Also the extra culture is probably better in aurora than in the cap.

Things you can see on the pictures: Our warrior is exploring the area near the aztec (nice land they have there..). You can give input where to move next.
                    Library will be ready in the horse city next turn
                    aurora started to work on a settler (it has an almost finished chariot, but I can't really finish it without pop growth, and that shoul be avoided for now.)
                    Our workboat hasn't found anything interesting unfortunately.
                    From next turn we can build hamman (or what). my current plan is to rush for the jewish religion and revolt to both slavery and org religion if possible, then start to slave granaries and hammans. we may miss the religion, then we will need to rethink this plan.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• I would agree with Academy in Aurora as you suggest.

After our workboat has cleared the fog,(should it do a slight detour north next turn?) should it continue along the coast for a while or return home and explore to the west before converting to fishing boat when Port Boreas expands via culture.

I agree with rush to Jewish religion and revolt to slavery.

I kinda think Belle should return home via a northernly route to clear a lot of that fog south of us,

Comment

• Plop it down where he is and we'll have another one in our capital soon. WRT the new settler, he is going to be our bronze city, right? Have we decided where exactly to settle the city? I completely agree that we need to rush for a religion.
                        Last edited by Dinner; November 20, 2012, 02:40.

Comment

• If we fail Judaism then we may want to keep the scientist (or the next one) to get philosophy and taoism.
                          Then we need math, alphabet, monarchy and col to be able to lightbulb philosophy.
                          With philosophy we then can also adopt pascifism.
                          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Like I said earlier, Ottoman Jews in Byzantium.
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
                              If we fail Judaism then we may want to keep the scientist (or the next one) to get philosophy and taoism.
                              Then we need math, alphabet, monarchy and col to be able to lightbulb philosophy.
                              With philosophy we then can also adopt pascifism.
                              Pacifism is a great religious trait as it give a 50% boost to population growth but you already have to have the religion in that city so we'll have to spend some time in organized religion to spam some missionaries then switch to pacifism.

Comment

• We will decide the place of the bronze city once the fishing boat explored the coast. (having sea resource there may have a big impact).
                                Philo is quite far away as we don't really want alphabet and to bulb philo we would need it (+CoL). Theology is also not a very bad option. If we grab it it would almost guarante the Apostolic palace for us.

Comment

Working...
                                X