Lizzy's rise to greatness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New turn.

First screenshot is about how to develop our civ in the east. I've given lots of thought and this is the best I could come up. Blue 1-3 shows our intended city sites in order when we found them. Red marks a good spot however i wouldn't risk it.. too close to Inca capital. They might be angered by our expansion anyway.. maybe we should try to get our nap renewed.
    Our chariot there will watch the border so we can act if necessary.

So we will grab the stone and build the hanging gardens finally. We are also going for the fur within 10 turns.

below a sreenshot about HRE's land.. much more flood plains than we have.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0227.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	551.1 KB
ID:	9094670Click image for larger version

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0224.JPG
Size:	233.6 KB
ID:	9094672
    Attached Files

Comment

• MZ, I like those city spots and we also have to remember we have room to our south and northwest as well. I agree that our priority should be to firm up our borders to the east though as that's closest to our capital and the area most likely to get grabbed first by the Inca (since it is also so close to their capital). The one change I'd make is to move the #4 city (which really should be the first built) one square to the east so we grab that wine sooner.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• I like that we're going for the fur as it will help our happiness cap situation. I also like that we're finally going for a wonder and the hanging gardens is a good one not as good as oracle but since someone already nabbed that one...

Comment

• i think which you think is city #4 is actually the first, and It's better to build on the stone so we get the stone sooner and we get +1 production in the city tile

Comment

• OK, I thought we'd get much more than +1 hammer by actually working the tile but, yes, we would have to actually hook it up. BTW if this is truly a worry then we have to few workers.

Comment

• Yes I think we should build more workers, we can get one in the oasis city in 4 turns.
              Getting the stone sonner will be better to have the wine sooner, also I don't want to go closer to the inca.

Comment

• btw: settling on grass hill and working the stone: base 2 food. 1 prod, stone 4 prod
                settling on stone and working on a grass hill mine: base 2 food 2 prod, mine 1 food 3 prod,
                So the latter option is better by one food

Comment

• Originally posted by mzprox View Post
                  Yes I think we should build more workers, we can get one in the oasis city in 4 turns.
                  Getting the stone sonner will be better to have the wine sooner, also I don't want to go closer to the inca.
                  Fair enough. It will mean missing out on getting rice in the future but it isn't like we really need yet another food/grain.

Comment

• THose city spots are fine with me and yes I favour no 1 first to get that stone.
                    On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• I was thinking.. we should get a religion and if we have it we should have org religion or pacifism. but if we revolt we get one turn anarchy (actually two because we need to convert to the religion aswell, but that can not be helped) however if we revolt we can go for bureaucracy too, because we can change 2 civics for the same 1 turn revolution, and one full turn production worth a lot.

so we need : polytheism, monotheism, civil service.
                      These will be the next three techs we get (besides philo ofc in 4 turns). If we happen to lose philo we go for theology asap, so untill we see what happens we will get polytheism and monotheism.

btw as you can see on stats we are quite low on everything, but stats are not telling everything.. that we just rushed 4 courthouses and having very fast growing cities.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0231.JPG
Size:	196.2 KB
ID:	9094687
                      Attached Files

Comment

• That's exactly what I'd like to see, nab Philo than rush for Theology + Christianity.
                        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Once we do have a religion we'll have to spread it around which is a lot easier to do with organized religion. I normally don't switch to pacifism until after I've established the religion in all my cities.

Comment

• I usually go for org religion, but in current situation pacifism could work too (we don't have too many military units).
                            In any case it's better to keep revolutions at minimum so we won't change it back and forth. I think we do one change to org religion and bureaucracy and much later free market/representation.

On the other hand it's possible that this game will be much different than our diplogames. as far as I can see the small civs are going for military techs (aztec-horseback riding, zulu-construction (I see no reason to get it early besides the need of catapults..)

so it is dangerous to neglect military, but I see RB as our main rival and they are advanced and big. I think our diplo focus should be to convince others that they should not attack us because:
                            1, they can't really win, if we are in trouble we ca very fast spam many archers and all they can get is even bigger maintenance cost in a costly war
                            2, they could use us as an ally against RB, we will have the most modern military units, we can make upgrades if it fits us etc.

For this it would be best if we had very active diplomacy.. but as it seems it1s not just our side which lacks activity, but the other teams as well.. maybe that's the reason they are going for war.. to end the game quickly.. just a guess.

Comment

• somehow in this turn we got trade connection with the Aztec, RB and Maya (we haven't met the latter two). it's strange.

Comment

• Maybe it's because of road connections via Universciv
                                On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Working...
                                X