No announcement yet.

Lizzy's rise to greatness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The bottom line is we could have courthouses in X turns but because we want to go the cheaper but longer path we end up spending Y times X turns. This is the same reason we don't have a religion. I doubt we'll even grab philo first because someone else will be line to get to the important milestones while we're still plodding around picking up everything under the sun instead of bee lining.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Well, we did pick up sailing did we not? Anyways, we need COL.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Some pictures:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0194.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	247.0 KB
ID:	9094453Click image for larger version

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0196.JPG
Size:	147.4 KB
ID:	9094451Click image for larger version

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0197.JPG
Size:	359.7 KB
ID:	9094455Click image for larger version

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0195.JPG
Size:	120.5 KB
ID:	9094457

We have met a new civ, Holy Rome
        I have sent theworkboat north in a hope to find someone else, i did not expected just abig gap between civs.

In the east our workers are building the road for the next city, (the settler will be slaved in the cap soon).

In the west there is a barb warrior. our chariotsa bit far away, but they will get there in time.
        Attached Files

Comment

• So Inca to the East
          Natives further East or South East
          Aztecs to the south
          HRE to the West
          Zulu to be determined
          And us

Just 3 more civs to find out about.
          On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• Is that iron by the boat? Do we even have iron working yet?

Comment

• That's silver. It's an odd place.. maybe the only sources are located there.

Comment

• Can you show us a picture of the tech tree so we can all refresh our memories of what we have, what we bipassed, and what is still to go? Thanks.

Comment

• Well here's a portion.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Here's some screenshots. We have met with an exploring Aztec warrior.

Also included is a screenshot of that Barb referred to earlier. We have a chariot right on hand to deal with it, though not obvious.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Here is some demographics and stats screens.
                      The spike in Inca power I guess comes from a Great General they got last turn.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Wow, we're below average on everything but crop yield and that is mostly just average. Well, there are other less meaningful things we do about average in (life expectancy and approval rating) but they mostly don't matter in the game right now.

Comment

• I think we are doing good in our given position, our land is quite challenging and probably less resource/commerce abundant than others'. The thing that we need more military, we need more land and we need more resources==cities and yet we already pay 60% of our income to maintenance is bad. Those who have more river, more luxury can easly get advantage. And yes CoL would be good to have, but other techs are as important too. sailing for example gives us 5 commerce/turn, Monarchy let our cities grow further etc.
                          Anyway, at least our cities are quite productive right now, all of our ciites have granaries, soon all of them will have libraries. we will have a new settler in the capital in 2 turns (the place of this new city is not yet decided-either the spot suggested before, SE of the closer wine, or more close to the stone). Then a few turns later we will have an other settlers in aurora, probably should go west.

About diplomacy: please take iniative, I don't want to be the diplomat too. It's a pity that many of us dissappeared.
                          Last edited by mzprox; January 11, 2013, 04:20.

Comment

• Well, I have to say, Prox, those aren't the numbers we expected to see from your strategy. We need to hold a vote now. What you are doing isn't working out.
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• I don't really get what do you want a vote about.. those who had folloved the game had the option to vote and we probably made some bad decision which looked good at a time.
                              either in the tech path or in the city place planning whatever. building academy instead of settling the GS and even our capital's placement is not great with the knowledge of the surrounding nd knowing that the maintenance cost is big.
                              Unfortunatelly it seems that the RB team got a big steam, they are very good in micro and if they got lucky as well they will exploit it. the other top teams about at par with us.
                              Those "numbers" are not showing a civ's true potential.
                              here is an other picture from the current turn:

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0201.JPG
Size:	287.6 KB
ID:	9094487

Bang, above average in every important stats.. but this is after some reconfiguration. when i finished microing with this turn our stats will be lower again. we do some sarifice for future benefits.

What should be decided now is where to build our city in the east: near the floodplans or near the stone. The settler for this city will be ready in aurora in next turn, from there it's about 4 turn to get here.
                              I did not start building settler in the cap, because the number of cites are hurting us already instead I started working on the Hanging gardens simply because it's safe bet to get. (our capital has our first hammam already, soon two other cities will have them)

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0199.JPG
Size:	278.9 KB
ID:	9094489
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Personally I am not concerned about our current position in the rankings. I am concerned about getting happiness and about getting CoL and religion.

We should be thankful that we are not next to some of the as yet unmet civs. Nevertheless we would need to learn more about the war between the Natives and Inca.

Also now that we and the Aztecs know a bit more about the land between us, we can offer a NAP.

Comment

Working...
                                X