No announcement yet.

Lizzy's rise to greatness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need many things ASAP, a spaceship for example.

back to this barbarian stuff: if it wasn't a second one I'd suggest to move the warrior from Aurora to the cap, but in this case for the best defense my suggestion is this:
    build a 7th warrior in the capital in two turns. The two warriors there should be enough, so no need to send the western defenders to the east, and Diomedes can resume scouting the SW soon.
    apollo and that other warrior can switch roles once the horse city is founded.

Comment

• Please Dinner, try to tone down on the snide comments..

c'est le ton qui fait la musique
      it is the tone that makes the music; it's not what you say but how you say it
      (i.e.: how things are said makes their meaning credible)

Comment

• Next turn we will invent BW.

And the turn after that we will make our horse city. Our horse will be hooked up in 5 or 6 turns.

Comment

• I agree with Mz and Cal's suggestions above and to leave Dio in the west to heal and explore further and presumably help with fog busting /warrior spawn there.

I would prefer not building a 7th warrior in place of the library but if it has to be, so be it.
          On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• Ok, let's do that.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Yeah, except the spaceship isn't possibly going to raze a cottage in 3 turns... You can get really dicked over by the RNG sometimes (losing 3 battles at 75-80% odds isn't unheard of), and sometimes a ton of warriors can spawn in the first wave (6 isn't unheard of). Skeleton crew just isn't going to cut it, and fogbusting is great... if we were doing it already. Barbs are coming now, so maybe a real defensive force is called for?

Microing all those extra worker turns is for naught if we get multiple tiles pillaged...

Barbs are more likely to spawn in deserts, iirc, which means we really ought to get that area busted ASAPest.

Comment

• Just a reminder this game is 'barbs' on and not 'raging barbs' on. I wonder how that effects the frequency and intensity of barb attacks in this game.
                On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• It's an interesting question. I am scared that since there is two there maybe more. Who knows, they could be spawning out there and been wandering around for a while.

Comment

• 1, send a warrior from Aurora (arrives in 3 so need to delay growing one turn, leaves our worker in the west in a very small risk)
                    Let's not delay the libraries. Finish the libraries and Mathematics.
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• You know I'd go with minimalistic defense and push science as much as I can, Yet in this case I'm with those who say we need one more warrior there asap and we will produce one.

Comment

• Why build a library only to have it destroyed by the next barb?
                        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Yes indeed one more warrior and then pretty fast a chariot once the horses are joined up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
                            Why build a library only to have it destroyed by the next barb?
                            Exactly. I didn't want to say it for fear of being called snarky though for pointing out the obvious.

Comment

• This is the BW turn, isn't it?

"Sir, we have found 17 sources of bronze around our capital and 195 sources of bronze around our other cities. Apparently these are the only sources of bronze in the entire universe!"
                              Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                              Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• We found copper close by (no others in sight).
                                2 barbs moving towards the city. Apolyton will finish the other warrior this turn.

Mz, none of the warriors in the west made any of the moves I proposed, in fact they didn't move at all, did you forget ?

Now the warrior in Aurora won't arrive in Apolyton on time.. Still we most probably will defend it succesfully, but I don't like to take these chances when they are not needed.

Comment

Working...
                                X